List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetroidZeroMission.html

Andrew 'spidey-widey' Brockmann's Hard 100% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
ok, watched it, and everything seems ok now, segment 3 was a bit sloppy, but the longitivity of it is very huge, i can't very much decide, but it's not like he could go back to re-do it, since it would affect the final time. Anyway, it's an accept for me.

As for editing, every segment needs editing, maybe the last one don't need it.

Quote:
Okay I'm going to go ahead and write what I thought of the run segment by segment immediately after I finish watching them.

Audio and video quality: It's a bit blurry for the video but this may be the low quality version.

Cheating: HECK NO!

Segment 1 the beginning: I really enjoyed this segment even if it's short, nothing really notable in here except that I'm jealous that he managed to pull off a double IBJ on first try which I can never do.  *insert angry emoticon here 'cause I'm too lazy too put it in* Oh and this does need to be edited at around the 1:56 mark in the video (including the 3 second stat-id)

Segment 2 the world of Double IBJ's: Honestly all I have to say is wow... that was really impressive. I did notice a hiccup or two but they aren't really all that big of a deal.
Also I will admit that at first I was wondering "why doesn't he grab the ledges in Kraid's area and go into morph ball instead of bomb-jumping" and then I remembered "Oh yeah he doesn't have the Power Grip yet Tongue ."
No editing is needed for this segment.

Segment 3 mistake filled segment anyone?: Well when the segment started I was like "okay yeah this'll be another top notch segment" but about 8-9 minutes in mistakes started piling on, now I'm not as nit-picky as other people so I won't go through a long list of mistakes but they are bad but forgivable for how long this segment is.
Again no editing is needed for this segment.

Segment 4 (no I'm not putting in a clever title for this one): Alright there really isn't much to say here except that it's a very clean segment, it makes me think that he could've probably improved segment 3 had he tried a bit more with it.
Editing needs to start at about 1:26:03 (yes he submitted a hour and a half long video don't worry there's only about 4 or so more of these that I have to go through)

Segment 5 Bye bye Ridely: First off editing need to start at about 1:42:xx.
Honestly I really enjoyed this segment as well, oh and HE KILLED RIDELY WITH 19 ENERGY REMAINING! (not really an accomplishment since I'd be nervous as all heck but anyway moving on.)

Segment 6 Metroid bonanza (lame title I know): Really good segment nothing more to say other then the editing needs to be done at 35:23.

Segment 7: Alright I'm starting to run out of clever titles.
First off I've gotta say that this is a really long segment (about 12 minutes or so) and I could not see even a small mistake (if there was then I was probably too blown away too notice.)
Editing should start at 21:33.

Segment 8: Wow this was a long segment, and a good one at that as well.
editing needs to take place at 1:21:33
I did not see any noteworthy mistakes so it's a fairly clean segment.

Segment 9 Sorry 'bout that explosion Zebes: Very good item cleanup no mistakes there.
editing needs to be done at 25:11
He did make one mistake and that was missing a super missile at Mecha Ridely but really it's not that big of a deal.

All in all I have to say accept 'cause it's a improvement to the current 100% hard and a very well optimized one at that to come in at a final time of 0:55:25, Now excuse me while I get rid of the urge to play Metroid Zero Mission again.

Quote:
Start to finish, the run was great. Very minor mistakes make in some parts, but things that cost more than a few seconds between all of them, so no big deal really. Fun to watch as well. I have to say this is an easy accept.

Quote:
MZM verfication respond
Hi Mike this is my verifaction respond 100% hard mode run
No cheats, no audio troubles and quality seems well enought.

Segment 1
Seems really well played. Strategy kill centipede seems little bit faster than previous runner did.
Saved 03:47  (Upper Brinstar)

Segment 2
This is one favorite segment, because there is tons difficults tricks and hard stuffs. Also runner skip save point before Acid worm and thats look cool. Acid worm is random and runner haved really good refill luck here. Im not see any serious mistakes in this segment. Thats all was very well played
Saved 10:26 (Before Kraid)

Segment 3
Very long and difficult segment. Its very well played segment.
Kraid could be couple seconds faster but this fight went still well enought.  I see some minor flaws and one unnecessary shine spark in norfair, but im not think its cost any serious time. Long segment was mostly flawless and well played.

Saved 17:59 (Middle of the Norfair before screw attack)

Segment 4
Awesome segment. Ridley lair has one most painful tricks entire game map computer skip is top my list. Imago cocoon before ridley lair are painfull one too. Runner played this really well.
I guess ball shinespark through Side hopper room could be 2-4 seconds faster.
Overall this is awesome segment.

Saved 24:39 (Before Ridley)

Segment 5
Ridley fight went well. Im not see any serious mistakes here. I guess shinesparking back after getting imago SM expansion might be couple seconds faster than runner did.
Otherwise everythings look like great here.

Saved 28:44 (Tourian)

Segment 6
Tourian Metroid are virtually impossible perfected on hard mode. Runner refill luck seems very nice especially first half. Seconds half seems little more unluckier with refills but overall  im not haved any complain about this. Great job.:)

Saved 30:18 (Before Mother Brain)

Segment 7
For sure this is hardest and most painful segment entire game and also most enjoyable to watch. Mother Brain went done super quickly also escape was super great (32.9x time remain)
Suitless Samus went really well and chozo boss without any miss shots and without damage taking not are easy task, but runner didn,t haved any troubles with this. Runner still continued segment and avoid nearly all mistakes. Thats maybe one most flawless segment and longest. Its incredible good segment

Saved 41:23 (Middle of Chozodia before clean up)

Segment 8
Overall really great segment. IIRC there is chozo statue before entrance of the Kraid lair? I guess thats might be are faster used this one? Do you are trying?
Runner saved game middle of the chozodia. This is for sure better intention than save before Robot Ridley like previous runner did.

Saved 51:33 (Chozodia)

Segment 9
Seems quite simple segment. Robot Ridley coud be faster, but like a lot Kraid he is difficult and little random.  I see runner miss at least one Super missile and its cost some seconds time.
Escape sequence was super awesome. Its nearly 10 seconds faster than previous runner did. This is first time i see escape in 56 seconds in speedruns. I am personally got it once and its take me over 2 hours.

Clear time 55:25

This run was super awesome. Its also huge improvement over previous one used nearly identical same route as previous runner used. This run was played a lot less saves and cleaner execution.

ACCEPT
Hell yeah.:)

Quote:
a/v quality: kinda bad, looks like it came from vhs.  Definitely still acceptable though.
Cheating: nope.

The segment start and end times listed above are good.

segment 1: good.  I don't know offhand if getting the long beam now is faster than waiting until you head to tourian, but it certainly gets used.  Exhibit A: the hive room.
segment 2: also good.  The largest mistake in the segment is ~0.5 secs and it's not really worth talking about further.  As with segment 1, however, he makes a choice I'm not 100% sure of.  He farms missiles off the acid worm instead of using the long beam.
segment 3: As everyone else mentioned, the kraid fight is a couple seconds slow.  It's funny how you can see the runner hit pause to check his time and decide whether to reset after kraid, plus there are a few other 1-2 second mistakes.  This is definitely the worst segment in the run and should probably have been redone, but there's no major mistakes.
segment 4: a long, well-executed segment with a great imago larva battle.
segment 5: well done.
segment 6: nice luck, for the most part.
segment 7: chozodia is the stupidest part of the game.  Great Mother Brain battle + escape.  I kinda wonder if the first part of the stealth section could be sped up by perfect stealthing through the first room so you don't have to wait for the barrier to lift in the next one, but that's minor (and, iirc, frame-perfect).  Similarly, there were very few mistakes in the next 15 minutes.
segment 8: I'm offended that the devs put some powerups so far out of the way.  Seriously?  But back to the run.  Nice play through a long segment.
segment 9: great finale.

Verdict: easy accept.  There are some mistakes but it's an obvious improvement of 3 minutes to the existing run and a great watch.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a 3 minute improvement.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2011-02-16 04:46:29 am
Master-88
I was verifer number four.

Congrats again Spidey this is Metroid ZM run of the year and it is really awesome. Somereason i guess correct you was author this run because nobody else can,t run Metroid ZM well like this.

I´ll hope see more runs for you. Wink
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from MASTER-88:
Somereason i guess correct you was author this run because nobody else can,t run Metroid ZM well like this.

You know, you really should give more credit to others than what you are giving. Just because some one has the ability submit a run here does nnot make them the best in the world. I am not trying to take anything from the runner here by any means. Look at frezys Super C run for example. You said he was the best there was at that too...

This run was solid though imo
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2011-02-16 08:22:19 am
Master-88
Quote from Heidman:
Quote from MASTER-88:
Somereason i guess correct you was author this run because nobody else can,t run Metroid ZM well like this.

You know, you really should give more credit to others than what you are giving. Just because some one has the ability submit a run here does nnot make them the best in the world. I am not trying to take anything from the runner here by any means. Look at frezys Super C run for example. You said he was the best there was at that too...

This run was solid though imo

I mean a lot avarage speed. There is a lot skilful players, but nobody can,t run fast like Spidey Widey did ZM 100% run. My own estimate perfect time on normal mode 100% run are 54:40 this look Spidey haved fast enought avarage speed got 52 minutes on normal run. I mean he got a lot time saves little things like nobody else can,t got fast Tourian escape. My own best is 30 sec remain and yeah i can,t make it any faster even i perfected it. Spidey speed is enought make 3 seconds faster escape than many others.

But hell yeah Spidey widey is best MZM player ever, Biospark is best Fusion player ever and Behemoth89 is best Super Metroid player ever and Zoid is best Prime player ever. These guys haved extreme skills and extreme fast speed. This might are taking several years non stop playing reaching stanard like this.

I really like Metroids runners. Metroid series games take much more skills than many other games. Nes games are mostly easy learn to play for speed. but mastered metroids games will take years or so.
Balls jerky
sick opinions bro
Willing to teach you the impossible
Roll Eyes
Edit history:
Miles: 2011-02-16 10:04:20 pm
Quote from MASTER-88:
but mastered metroids games will take years or so.

...>_>
Edit history:
playe: 2011-02-17 07:45:04 am
Um... Master88 hate to rain on your parade but Metroid is very easy to master in a few months if you dedicate the time to it.

EDIT: and Zoid's the best Prime player ever? um... you do know that no-one is the best at anything right? any run can be beat. (well the 5 minute SMB run may be a exception to that but still)
Master-88
You guys understand me little wrong.

I mean: Right now nobody can,t beat current Metroid runs. But always new metroid masters are coming. For example Behemot89 is new Super Metroid player and he is currently best SM player what i know and yeah i say he is better than Hotarubi. Im not think anyone can beat his runs very soon, its will take years or so find better Super Metroid players.

Also Biospark did awesome 1% SS Metroid Fusion run? Did anyone else here beat game sub 50 minutes only? But he did it 1% and single segment. I think nobody else here can,t beat this run thats just impossible by many.

Quote:
Metroid is very easy to master in a few months if you dedicate the time to it.

For sure you not really mastered any metroid games. Also i am expert Metroid gmes player but i can,t beat any world record run. These master guys are played games several years. IIRC Biospark started run Fusion several years ago before he did sub 50 minutes run. Also Spidey Widey mastered Metroid ZM. IIRC he got beat game 28:04 couple years before first SDA submission.

I think you can,t beat these record only 3-4 months practice. Its will take much longer. You have to keep speedrun motivation up several years.

Maybe i have to ate my words later. But i´ll think these records will be up in SDA next 10 years or so.
Um... Miles hasn't been playing Metroid for years and he got the current record for any% (sure the route is outdated now but still)
Actaully (and correct me if I'm wrong Miles) I don't think he's even been playing MP2 for a year.
Master-88
Quote from playe:
Um... Miles hasn't been playing Metroid for years and he got the current record for any% (sure the route is outdated now but still)
Actaully (and correct me if I'm wrong Miles) I don't think he's even been playing MP2 for a year.

Echoes stanard is much less good than other Metroid series games. But yeah miles haved skills but this game is nearly full amount wall crawls and its not requires real skills IMO.
Edit history:
Miles: 2011-02-17 10:52:21 am
Question: You do realize that in the two hour 100% run I'm working on, there's 3 wallcrawls total that take about a minute combined, right?
Edit history:
Paraxade: 2011-02-17 01:08:24 pm
I do agree with you that a lot of the current Metroid runners are some of the best in the world at the game they're playing, but it's also rather insulting to Miles and blatantly untrue to claim that Echoes takes no skill just because it has a few glitches that you don't like. >_> The standard the current Echoes runs have is pretty irrelevant because he has ridiculously high personal standards. A couple days ago he got a 1:57 100% SS run. That was a nearly flawless run over almost three hours. He's not keeping it because it has about a minute of mistakes. That is both high personal standards and high levels of skill. Miles is without a doubt one of the best in the world at Echoes right now, and that puts him up there with all the other people you're lavishing praise on (and putting on a rather unnecessary pedestal).

It's also worth noting that there could easily be plenty of people out there who could beat the runs here but simply don't want to or aren't interested in investing the time in doing a run. I also agree with the sentiment that you don't need to spend years to get good at Metroid games. I started my Prime 3 run in January 2008. The game came out in August 2007. That's 5 months of practice, max, and I certainly never dedicated myself to the game.

One last thing: if you've ever tried wallcrawling in a Prime game, you'll know it's not easy. But speedrunning a wallcrawl? Hard as hell. I think it takes more skill than navigating in-bounds.

(thread is officially derailed...)
1-Up!
Quote from playe:
(well the 5 minute SMB run may be a exception to that but still)

I love how you use this as your exception AFTER Andrewg has announced that he got a 4:59.
welcome to the machine
in other completely unrelated news, grats on the run, spidey-widey!
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
it's been a while since i saw a new ZM run. i look forward to watching the finished product soon.

i'd say that miles' mp2 100% SS is already at the level of the 100% SS runs of mp1 up in the site. this whole nonsense of "OoB not taking skills" should stop because it is seriously fucking retarded and stupid and people who claim this are complete idiots. go and try to do IBBF as fast as in the current mp1 any% run and then say it didn't take any skill to do.
Quote from Flip:
Quote from playe:
(well the 5 minute SMB run may be a exception to that but still)

I love how you use this as your exception AFTER Andrewg has announced that he got a 4:59.

He did? when?
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2011-02-17 04:51:10 pm
MASTER-88: 2011-02-17 04:50:25 pm
Master-88
Quote:
i'd say that miles' mp2 100% SS is already at the level of the 100% SS runs of mp1 up in the site. this whole nonsense of "OoB not taking skills" should stop because it is seriously fucking retarded and stupid and people who claim this are complete idiots. go and try to do IBBF as fast as in the current mp1 any% run and then say it didn't take any skill to do.

Yeah its taking skills. But absolutely there is no sense make it in speedruns. I just lost all motivations about MP 2 runs because wall crawl is allowed.

And im not even try wall crawl because wall crawling is retared. Luckily its not are possible 2d metroids.
Precursor
Quote from MASTER-88:
wall crawling is [...] not are possible 2d metroids.

Metroid: Wall climbing/screen wrapping by getting stuck in door. Quite literally wall-crawling.
Metroid II: Select glitch opening up holes to go into secret worlds, very similar to secret worlding in Prime.
Super Metroid: X-Ray climbing/screen wrapping. Like in Metroid.

You were saying?
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2011-02-17 05:25:24 pm
MASTER-88: 2011-02-17 05:22:21 pm
Master-88
Yeah but these not are allowed to make in speedruns and for sure all these glitches are considering seperate category. Also Super Metroid 7% completion is not are humanly possible as far as i can tell. Otherwise there is no sense used these tricks in speedruns.

How about Metroid Fusion or Zero mission? There is no way cheated these games.
Just because you don't like it, that doesn't mean it should be disallowed.

You may have a valid reason for disliking OoB glitches, but they are in no way valid reasons fro them to be illegitimate.
Precursor
And most of them are pretty MINOR tricks. I mean, no, you weren't ever meant to go out of bounds in Metroid Prime, but you weren't ever meant to get Space Jump as the first item after you land on Tallon IV either, and doing that breaks the game open FAR more than the wallcrawling actually used in the speedrun does.
Master-88
SJF is not are OOB i specify next tricks OOB

Metroid 1 (skipping bombs used door glitch)
Metroid 2 (like you said select glitch or what ever)
Super Metroid (X-ray warp climping)
Metoid Fusion NONE
Metroid ZM NONE
Metroid Prime series (Infinite speedbug & secret worlds)
Quote from MASTER-88:
SJF is not are OOB i specify next tricks OOB

That was his point. :|

In conclusion let's all just shut up and stop derailing the thread with yet another pointless OoB argument.
Precursor
Flickerball is not an OOB glitch, really. It can be used to go OOB, yes, but so can jumping.