Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
a/v
a: fine no detection of anything wrong
v: the quality isn’t great but nothing has been tampered with
a/v: 10/10

Part#1
Very nice ball bomb jump, can be tough to do the first try.  Segment went well for what you want from the space frigate.

Part #2
This boss never gets old.  Overall part 1 and 2 is what you want to see from a MP run, so lets just wait and see what else we have to look forward to.

Part#3
Target dash is much more efficient this way, i like it alot. Another than that not much else to say.

Part#4
Stayed in the 5 min mark . To the first elly is clean as should be.  Very nice to the charge beam, although to the morph ball i think if you enter the first hallway with the first rocket door backwards you can target dash on the first set of black beatles.  This boss sucks, im just glad its over with.

Part#5
Standard boss fight, once this trick was found it just made the boss a joke from there on out. I love that ball trick, such a good ghost fight, just the last guy was a little slow.

Part#6
Nice chozo grab. Love that last target dash before the e tank, so clean. Another quick one at the start of phendrana.  Boost ball room is awesome and he did it very clean!.  Lame cut scene.  Everything else pretty standard except for the 4 little ice creatures before the boss, such a good strat! Sucks you got stuck at the elly. Elly to elly was nice and quick,third chozo! Very nice segment

Part#7
Good thinking with the cut scene and ghost. Ice beam wooooo...first try with the gate awesome. Using this save takes a little bit of time but i think its ok because of the ft gate.

Part#8
28 mins good! Risky with the yellow pirate at the lazer gun. Nooooo got stuck behind the computer. Good boss fight rather easy and a pretty good power bomb path.

Part#9
Like the exit strat. I dont know why start was pressed although i dont think it wastes anymore time anyways. Should have gotten out of morph ball in the phazon a little earlier.  Awesome how you got to the plasma beam i was nervous for you. Dont die on us!.

Part#10
Doesn’t even care about killing the guys,  so awesome. You did that skip very well and quick..very efficient, good job

Part#11
Another chozo..we need that. Grabbed another and! a visor.  First try for the jump leaving the visor room, GJ!.  In phazon mines with the earier room with all the coloured pirates was awesome his second time around, so tight with the boost ball. Another chozo! You didn’t get stuck at the computers this time around, it sucks you did the first time around.

Part#12
42 mins doing great. Nice ice bem shot. Do you plan on having the metroids there to do a target dash? Because its amazing and the last dash jump over the phazon pit isn’t as easy as it looks

Part#13
One of the best boss’s, plasma beam kill is probably the best idea here. And the other chozo...i find it risky not to do the same save spot, i understand it takes a little bit more time..did you have to retry the omega pirate segment alot?

Part#14
Getting closer. I love how you went back the same way you went in for that chozo, it rest’s your heart alot more to know you dont have to worry about activating the cut scene, sucks again that you got stuck!

Part#15
So dirty!, im glad you tried the thardus jump route. That ice creature dash jump was so cool, after the kill! Lol. 2 more chozo’s and right back at the ship great segment.

Part#16
Great ridley fight, i mean there is only so much you can do with him but you did it and made it fast.

Part#17
1:00 exactly, metroid prime is such an interesting boss, first floor good. Second floor with the ice beam was good. The floor its self turned out great. Third floor.....awesome. fourth floor great! Nice ice beam combo at the end. 5th floor, standard fight and its over!

Overall:
I noticed only a few mistakes which isn’t bad concidering its segmented but some things that were done first try would drive some people crazy lol like the gate you have to ball bomb up and over in tallon overworld. I give this 2 thumbs up and a huge accept for you, sorry about your prior run a couple weeks ago but you did a great job so keep on going!

Quote:
Ok, finally completed my review of the run.

Audio and Video were fine for a verification copy.

I think the above verifier noticed everything I did.  There weren't any mistakes that were too egregious, just small ones of getting caught behind some objects.

My favorite parts were the bosses and the previously-unused dashes.  This is (I think) the first video I've seen where the runner gets over the bars the first time.  I also had to scratch my head when you seemingly landed on thin-air before the pile of rubble before the Plasma beam door -- good entertainment value.

Anyway,

<<  Accept  >>    Reject

Is this selection OK? (Y/N): Y
*BEEP BOOP eerwawawaa  BLOP*
Thank you for verifying for SpeedDemosArchive.  See You Next Mission!

Quote:
Okay so I almost forgot about this.

AV quality is fine.

Execution is amazing. No major mistakes besides occasionally getting stuck on terrain. I liked the large frequency and variety of combat dashes, especially the fast SJF method, and scooting through the bottom floor of the Mines. Entertainment value is also high; I liked the door-reflecting hijinks in part 14 a lot. Lots of impressive tricks, not the least of which is getting over the GTH bars in one try. All the boss fights were amazing, particularly Prime 1. Easy accept.

Quote:
i thought i submitted my response a while ago....sorry it looks like it didn't go through?  The video and audio quality was good i remember - i watched his videos on youtube with audio commentary, but checked a few of the verification videos for the in game audio and it was good.  I can look if i had details saved somewhere, but this was an easy accept from me.  Everyone else's responses where spot on.  Let me know if you want more details Flip.  sorry for the confusion.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to William 'Pirate109' Tansley!
Thread title:  
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Question, this is PAL run because it's pirate109, right?
1-Up!
Yeah iirc
Yes, it's PAL. :p

Quote:
Part#13
One of the best boss’s, plasma beam kill is probably the best idea here. And the other chozo...i find it risky not to do the same save spot, i understand it takes a little bit more time..did you have to retry the omega pirate segment alot?

It wasn't bad compared to some other segs. I really did want to cut out that save in MQB, it's just that to make it worth it I would've had to get more lucky with powerbomb drops (in one combined longer segment). I talked about this in the commentary in a lot more detail. It's easily the most droppable save though.

Thanks for all the kind words, verifiers. Smiley
...Well, I guess I should have been a bit more patient then. >_>
Out of curiosity, what was the final time?
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
so, the big question is...

will pirate109 change his nick now?
Master-88
Also Zoid did beat PAL version 1:07 and his SS run was done in 1:12. Both are available in youtube. Did Zoid submit his run in SDA? SS run is big improvement over Stefan van dijike SS run.
He did submit them, but Flip is a jerk who discriminates against Muslims so he pulled them.
Master-88
Quote from Miles:
He did submit them, but Flip is a jerk who discriminates against Muslims so he pulled them.

Damn Flip. Damn Zoid.>:(

Congrats Pirate109 that was great run.

Is Ridley fly phase skip impossible on PAL version? I never see it done on PAL.
If you could make it its save around 20 seconds time. Also 4 pool Prime 2nd form is possible (see Zoid 1:07 run) Thats save another 20 seconds. If Ridley fly phase skip is possible thats might drop time 1:07 to 1:06. I think thats started are real limit on PAL version.
Master-88
Here i find these Zoid runs in archive org
http://www.archive.org/details/MetroidPrimeeugcn-107-BesmirSheqi

http://www.archive.org/details/MetroidPrimepalSingle-segment112ByBesmirzoidSheqi

Its look Ridley fly phase skip doesn´t work on PAL version of the game. As far as Zoid explain it his comment he never are get working it on PAL. Also Pirate didn´t make it. Did anyone know how high 1:07 you are?. Zoid said his final time was estimate 1:07:59. So this pirate109 run is at least as fast as Zoid run or even faster.

It seems there is no way make 1:06 run because Ridley fly skip doens´t work depend how high 1:07 you are. 
Edit history:
Pirate109: 2012-02-29 11:36:05 am
I am 100% sure the fly skip is impossible on PAL. Zoid and I have probably spent upwards of 50 hours combined trying to get it, with no luck. It's not even supposed to be that rare on NTSC, I think sparky said he was getting it like once every 30 minutes of continuous attempts.

I estimated that my time is 1:07:58. That being said, I believe 1:06 is possible on PAL. If you want to nitpick every little thing, there is room for just over 1 minute of improvements in this run (I explained this in my comments). I think I could probably do it if I wanted to spend years working on it (I don't).

Quote from UchihaSasuke:
so, the big question is...

will pirate109 change his nick now?

lol. Unthinkable.