List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalGearSolidTTS.html

Normal difficulty SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V okay, no cheating as far as I can tell.

The runner's comments are pretty complete. I liked the quick chokes (too bad about the guy in the nuke building), and the Ninja fight was very impressive. The run has some clever tricks and a lot of impressive twitch gaming (e.g. the tank battle, stair fight, and Sniper Wolf). There are a few hiccups (choke, dogs, not using the Stinger to locate Sniper Wolf at the beginning of SW2), but it's a very good run.

Accept.

Quote:
Carc here.

Cheating: There's nothing that raises any exclamation marks. The guard chokes are very fast, but not suspect.

Gameplay Quality: His movement throughout the game is very clean and his boss strategies are spot-on. A Falcon Rank any% allows you to use whatever you want to kill bosses, so he can get away with using the SOCOM pistol in certain places. There's a few hiccups here and there, nothing too serious though. The one guard in the Nuke Building could've been punched in the pelvic region for an instant KO when he digs out his radio, I now realize (I went for the choke in my marathon runs). The Wolf and Metal Gear fights stand out pretty well too.

A/V Quality: There's a bit of distortion on the lower part of the video. The video is also very dark at times, so is it possible to adjust the brightness? Like, no, really, MGS:TTS is a very dark game at times and some things are impossible to see; the air shafts, the cave between the Nuke Building and the Communications Towers, and the catwalk between the Communications Towers when he goes to snipe the guards, the Hind fight.

Accept. Great work, Caleb. I look forward to the audio commentary. =]

Quote:
Quality: There's one line of distortion at the bottom of screen, and it's not even really noticable.

Gameplay:
- The guard in the nuke building next to the elevator screws him both times. A wolf tackles him in the cave. There are few bellyflops up and down some stairs. Other than that, not too much goes wrong for general gameplay.
- The boss strategies are all pretty good, except Sniper Wolf 2 doesn't go that well. If he had used the Stinger to scan the battlefield at the start he would have found her a lot quicker. That was an awesome strategy against Vulcan Raven though. Even though the fight is tough, I have a feeling Liquid Snake could have gone a lot better, judging from other strategies I've seen. I remember seeing one where the runner left-right jabbed Liquid from one end of the Rex head to the other, but maybe that was a Japanese only technique or something. I had no idea that both REX battles could be finished that quickly.

False advertising alert: There is no commentary on Track 2. I want my money back.

Timing: 1:03:07 is the final time.

Overall: This category lets the runner *gasp* kill people in a Metal Gear Solid game! The horror! Since murder get tossed in, a lot more damaging weapons can be used and a lot less risks need to be taken for health conservation because Rations can be pounded back like candy. Though there are spots for improvement, I accept this for now.

I stumbled across a run from this runner on Youtube which is three seconds faster. Any idea why that one wasn't submitted? Should we just wait for that one instead of letting this one through?

Another verifier inquired and the runner insisted that he wanted to submit this video because he thought it looked cleaner.

Quote:
Apart from a bit of a blur at the bottom of the screen, there are a few minor video glitches, all at points where not much is going on. Otherwise, the video is good, although it was darker than it should have been on the walkway between the towers. The synch seems to be okay.

The fight in the Holding Cells isn't perfect (were it later in the game, I wouldn't have counted it against the overall run), the fight on the lift in Tower B was a bit slower than it could have been, and I'm not sure what was going on with Wolf 2. The Wolf 1 and REX fights, however, are good (finally a run that uses that strategy against REX's second form). The Nuke Building was a bit of a problem, with the guard on the upper walkway being uncooperative on both passes, but most of the routes work well. As opposed to just using the Big Boss strategies adapted to permit alerts and lethal weapons, there seems to be some other planning involved. I was slightly suspicious of those video glitches, but they don't seem to be trying to conceal any cheating.

I wasn't sure, but I'll say accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Caleb Hart!
Thread title:  
SDA Represent!
It is quite possible I will be submitting a faster run soon, quite possibly by a minute.
I can not believe that SDA has accepted this run >__>
Why not, Take-Chan? Did you have a faster run on Extreme?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I know Take-Chan did a run of Twin Snakes, but never submitted to SDA. I have no idea what the time and category is though. You're still free to submit if you don't like this run, Take-Chan.