--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

New game + Foxhound rank run

Verifier Responses

Disclaimer: If you manage to read the following response (I know I didn't), then do not operate heavy, or even light machinery for 24 hours. Better yet, don't read it. I mean, if you've already read this guy's Dracula X response, fool me once, shame on you...

Quote:
Time to serve up the second in my unique brand of verifier commentary not seen anywhere else, unless someone decides to be a copycat which isn't too farfetched a possiblity. My goal? To dish out the most unique verifier commentary ever seen.

WARNING: The following commentary is not suitable for all viewers. And I do mean all viewers.

Dear People,

Welcome, welcome everyone, to VERIFICATION WITH YOURS TRULY! This is the second in my series of potentially everlasting and entertaining video verificationism! Second produced, not necessarily second released. If Mr. Mikwyuma is anything like FOX, the order may be jumbled but KNOW THIS MUCH: THIS IS THE TRUE #2. So yes, welcome to VERFICIATION WITH YOURS TRULY! Where the top is not only gone over, but is gone over so much that the entire universe gets incircled to the point of where the bottom of it is reached, therefore not actually going over the top at all! But I go right through instead! Does that make sense? It doesn't have to!

Ahh...Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. The forgotten Solid game. But not anymore, because whoever this guy is ran it! And with a Foxhound rank at that! Compare that to Metal Gear Solid 2, which is currently caught up in obsessive-compulsive hell alongside Metal Gear Solid 4. My estimation on when a best-rank run of the latter will be released? 1-2 years. My estimation on when a best-rank run of the former will be released? Maybe never! Maybe I'm going to eat my words on those statements! But the fact remains that finally...a run of Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops has come to Speed...Demos...Archive!

And hey, it's another PSP game, all right! Lots of people representin' for it now! Did I mention how much I love the PSP? Not only is the homebrew cool, but it also has a lot of stuff the DS is expecting you to buy a third reiteration of the console for! I mean, who wants to buy something that won't even let you use an important function in arguably the biggest series in portable Nintendo gaming: Pokemon? Correct answer: MORONS! People who will do whatever their Ninty overlords say to do. They are Nintendrones, if you will. But the PSP! It's got picture, music, and video easily transferable with no strings attached! It's even got an internet browser that can become an e-book if you save a lot of pages on it!

But back to Portable Ops. I believe I've made my dislike of the speedrunning community for Metal Gear Solid clear, yes? I gotta respect those skills and persistance and desire for the most perfect of perfection, but come on man, I'm gettin' blueballs here! At least we have another game down, considering the other four men who are joining me in this epic excrusion of verification viewing agree with me that this run is the shiz! Well, they might not all be men. I still got a penis, so I'm still one! Hey, not that I'd complain if they were women! But men, women, or dogs, we are verifiers, hear us roar! Oh, and I'm typing this part up before viewing it, so maybe it's not the shiz? Only time will tell! But I can tell you this much: it's looking to be the shiz! They say you can't judge a book by its cover. Well, I say that's untrue in 70% of cases!

So crack one open and enjoy the show I'm going to put on for you, that makes reading these things worth it! But save a few for the run, 'cause if it's like the other Metal Gear Solid runs on this site, you're gonna need'em! Not to make it more interesting, but just because it's the man's thing to do! Again, I don't know who the running man is, but he does not know who I am either! His influence won't rub off on me, no it won't! Then again, it wouldn't anyway! This run's a New Game+ Foxhound run with Passwords in Five segments! Passwords, you say? Well to get Foxhound in this game, you gotta recruit 100 soldiers! Recruit soldiers? Fuck you, read up on the game yourself! But I will say that it's slow otherwise, but with passwords, things go by quicker! And isn't quickness what this site is all about? But here's the scoop: there's a password screen where you can enter codes to gain the various secret characters without fulfilling the objectives, which counts as a valid recruit even if they're released and recruited again! Sure, it could be argued that it's cheating, but it can also be argued that it's justifiable as a separate category due to the ridiculous tediousness involved in the other option. Recruiting soldiers isn't the fastest or the most entertaining thing to watch. It's a severity thing, so the argument that it could be a separate category is one with some ground to it! Too many categories? Well hey, Mega Man Powered Up has a potential 42 categories (14 characters, and three different defined difficulty categories: best time, good ending, and hard mode), and so far nothing bad's happened there. I could make it happen if you want, though! That is what yours truly truly believes!

But let's be serious for a moment: no yours truly, just I, the logical verifier who likes to act crazy: yes, I do believe that it can work as a seperate catergory. After all, isn't one of the goals of the site to produce movies that are fun to watch? Watching soldiers get recruited is a slow and boring process, especially if you're going for the Foxhound rank. Even getting them along the way through the game is slow. For a special case like this, I think it is debatable that it should be allowed as a separate category. Whether or not people will agree with me is up to the people.

Going crazy again. Enough rambling on, let's get this show on the road! The insane commentary is on! But insanity with vanity...or...wait, that's not right! I'm so insane I'm super sane! Yeah, let's go with that! Again, it is yours truly's duty as a responsible commentator to warn you that it is so hardcore that I will again mention it is not suitable for all viewers.

==================

Segregationist 1:
So here we go! The run starts off fairly smoothly. There aren't any major issues in the first few missions, if any at all. A slight hestitation in the Prison, but hey, I'll give'em the benefit of the doubt there! After all, he could've been waiting for some! Not in the romantic sense, but in the "get out of my way' sense! Everything is honky doory...until the mission where he must recruit his first enemy soldier...

Nothing in a speedrun has ever been as completely and throughly fucked as when the running man who did this blatantly LIES TO US ALL. Yes, you read right, you eyes don't lie! He blatantly LIES TO OUR FACE. In his comments, he said and I quote, "I have my main team characters as Raikov, Ocelot, and Zero." Now, Zero is used in the first mission where you must recruit someone, so okay. BUT! Immediately following that, his most frequent used characters turns out not to be Raikov. He said and I quote, "Raikov has an Athlete ability which makes him run faster, which is ideal for getting through the stages quickly, so I use him the most". But there's none of that. Instead, he uses GAKO. Who, by the way, isn't a giant walking duck which would automatically make him the coolest character in the game, but an oridinary soldier in some weird colored camo which means absolutely nothing to the soldiers of the Penninsula. Who also, by the way, you need passwords to obtain. This run is just a living conduit of passwordism! Did he submit the wrong run?! One can only hope, else we may have a compulsive liar that needs EXECUTING. He was using Raikov for his ability, Athlete, which makes him move faster. Yeah, even more of a running man! But GAKO's got it too, and he used it instead because...well, I have no idea.

But anyway, how are you doin'?

Everything else goes fairly smoothly. The running man runs into near disaster on more than one occasion, when he ever-so-foolishly collides with enemy soldiers, causing his Stealth to deactivate! Pretty damn useful piece of equipment, is it not? Deactivating on a mere touch like that. Fortunately, he manages to avert the crisis by reactivating it before they can see him (I'd like to think they'd see him as soon as it deactivates, but I guess they're not that smart).

-----------------------------------

Segregationist 2:
Now this is where things start to get more fucked than a Bulgarian prostitute. Remember how I said that he used GAKO? Well, he uses it in the level before the boss here: Python, the CIA's "Anti-Snake". But I said it's fucked, and I mean it's fucked! In his comments, the running man said I and quote: "I don't use Ocelot for the Pythom battle since the stage right before Python is so long so it ends up being faster to just use an Athlete to get through it". Yes, he really did say Pythom!

Okay, seems like a valid excuse. Seems like. Heh heh heh...this fight...is fucking horrible! Now, one thing you gotta remember here: in Portable Ops, manual aim...isn't exactly the best thing to use on bosses. Luckily, you have an auto aim option, even if it is slower than headshots. But! There are also weapon ranks! GAKO's got an "A" in small guns (i.e. MK22), but Ocelot, in that weird-ass grading fashion the Japanese seem ever so fond of, has got an..."S"! So his auto aim would be better than GAKO's. Add it into the extra damage and hey! You got somethin' made! He also doesn't seem to realize that you can assign items to the control pad! He keeps going into the menu to access his MedKits!

REJECT.

But hey, I'm here to entertain you, the people, so why not keep on entertainin'? We're goin' all the way tonight, baby!

Okay, so the Python fight is bad. Probably better than I could do on Extreme, but autoaim missed a wee bit too too much in that fight. Okay, so it's actually just slightly more than average, but MY POINT! At least I gotta give him credit for using GAKO, which isn't so bad after all, 'cause Raikov's only got a "B" in Handgun! But still, compulsive liar! COMPULSIVE LIAR! iusdfhjkKJDHSFKJHUISDF But hey, that's still a buncha bullshit. You know who would've been better? Teliko! She's got that Athlete ability he seems so fond of (and rightly so!), and she's got an "S" in Handgun to boot! What has GAKO got? Well, he's got an "S" in Traps, but that's irrelevant here. He's got more life, but less Stamina. Regardless, yours truly might mention that the running man would not have the problem if he did not get hit in the first place, and even so, he could heal it off! Besides throwing (Stun Grenades, but meh), everything else he's got less in. Bottom line: Teliko would've been the better choice for the Athlete!

Airport is next, and that goes well. But then the running man BLATANTLY LIES TO US ALL YET AGAIN! Here, he says he recruits Gene through passwords 96 times, citing he has the fastest password to enter. Okay, now that's cool. But instead of doing that, he alternates between entering Ocelot's and entering Gene's, releasing the other every time! Maybe I was a little early on the declaration of being a compulsive liar before, but that only serves as bragging rights for yours truly! He again LIES!

And not only does he lie, he lies for 30 minutes! Sure, you can skip it all, but still, 30 MINUTES PEOPLE. That's like half an hour! You may or may not be able to change the setup in the password entering screen too, but if so, the standard keyboard lookalike may be faster! Hell, at least put CAPS LOCK to use, man! CAPS LOCK CRUISE CONTROL IS FOR THE COOL!!!! Now I'm not so sure if just straight up using passwords is faster...I mean, 30 minutes? Okay, so maybe I'm underestimating the manual way greatly. Either way, know this much: it takes quite a while, though padding the passwords with standard recruits might be the best.

Segregationist 3:
More compulsive lying! Ocelot is supposed to be used at the Silo entrance to fight Null, but you know what he does?

You reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllly wanna know what he does?

He uses fucking GAKO again! Jesus H. Christ on a magic pogo-stick, we have a man OBSESSED with a character who really only has a useless weird camo that enemy soldiers don't care about and attack on sight anyway here! Like I said, why choose GAKO?! What's wrong with Teliko or even a generic soldier who has better stats? At least he knows about the shortcut in the Silo.

More "at leasts": the fight against Null goes off VERY nicely. No ugly damage taken, and nearly every shot that one could ask for is hit. Think of it as a gold nugget in a wheelbarrow full of brown ones. Don't think too much about that allusion. Digging for brown nuggets is just...well, gay! Still, it doesn't change the fact that the wheelbarrow is full of shit, and that keeping around would stink up the place. Sadly, despite said niceness, it still isn't the best: I believe you can lethal kill Null and it won't count towards your kill total.

Excellent route taken to the general in the next level, but then the now-only-jogging-man goes and fucks it up by releasing him from the interrogation too soon, wasting like 5-10 seconds.

Say, why the fuck does the jogging man have so many doctors all named REPYx#, where X is a letter and # is a number? I can't tell their exact names because of the video quality (encoding thing I hope), and it doesn't affect the run itself, but it's still fucked beyond all belief. Maybe that's part of his insanity! And that's coming from someone who claims to be insane himself!

Then the jogging man turns into a confused headdress as he becomes confused about where to move the selector on the map select screen. I'm just surprised he didn't take a wrong turn in the level that followed or the one after that!

Segregationist 4:
Shut your whore mouth Campbell, you can ask Elise to go on a sneaking mission. You just need to earn her and use her on a subsequent playthrough! Of course...it won't help getting in. You've never helped me anyway.

Especially for this segment, our compusively lying confused headdress is presenting the first minute and a half of this segment to us in BLARNDOVISION! When the video is just that much faster than the audio! Maybe it got tired of hearing his lying and ran ahead of the sound.

METAL GEAR?! It was done acceptably well. Keyword, ladies, gentlemen, children of all ages, animals, aliens, and inanimate object: acceptable. At one point, the CLCH (prounce "clutch") gets hit by a missile. Then proceeds to get hit by like 12 more, only surviving because if you've been knocked down, you're temporarily invincible. Otherwise, I'd say the villians would have quite a mess that would need cleaning up. Oh, and shortly after he's gotten up, a crate FUCKING EXPLODES in his face. Just why exactly are those in the room anyway, and WHY DO THEY FUCKING EXPLODE??? I still blame the CLCH for getting hit with the damn thing, but still! That's like #87 on the list of things that don't make sense in the Metal Gear series! #86 is how Metal Gear is unharmed when it does it.

The CLCH seemed very slow in getting Metal Gear to open its hatches. Wanna know what happens when it finally does? Missile to the crotch! Well, there is the relatively tiny issue of it being GAKO's crotch, but still! Missile to the crotch! Sha-ZAM, baby! What makes it seem so small (probably like his dick; fucking BURNED!) is how he mises the hatches not once, not twice, but.a number of times I don't give a shit about counting! All while taking more crotch shots! Some of which make him do a flip!

I'd give him the new nickname Compulsively Lying Retarded Egadsman, but CLRE doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well. Shut up shut up shut up, I know Rs roll well. It still doesn't change the fact that he should've been aiming for the middle of the hatches, not the bottom. Hell, he only ever hits one of the hatches per phase - if you hit both, I think it takes a basketfull of damage, BLAMMO! Just like that!

Combine the damage taken with the fact that the CLCH doesn't know he doesn't need he doesn't need to go into the menu to use MedKits, and you get one ugly-looking boss fight.

At least the Ravine level goes well.

Segregationist 5:
BLARNDOVISION is back! Oh, so now he knows how to reactivate Stealth without going back into the menu. Null is the same as before. The niceness is gone though, as he misses more in this repeat.I think. Probably around the same. But he definitely fucks up worse, because his rhythm breaks once. And he still ignores how you don't need to use the MK22 to kill him.

Then it's just the race to the silo entrance mission, which is done well.

Segregationist 6:
BLARNDOVISION is back! Just to make it even more of a laughable excuse for a run. the CLCH accidently hits the wrong frequency when entering one of the codes to unlock the doors. Which, by the way, are supposed to be discovered by looking in random places. More silly little mistakes that are just ugliness! Speedruns are supposed to be beautiful works of art, I'll have you know! At least the rest of the level goes off without a hitch. He even barely dodges a soldier who could've deactivated the Stealth if bumped into!

Finally, GAKO unscrews on for a stage (a boss stage no less) and we get to see Major Zero in action for the second and only time.

THERE IS SEVERE CHEATING IN THE RUN AT THIS POINT

Snake was not deployed to the level at all. The only one who was was Zero. And yet, Snake still shows up in the cutscene! How did he get there? He cheated! There is none on the part of the CLCH, but there is cheating in this run regardless! Even if he's not the one doing it! No matter how big a badass Big Boss is, he cannot teleport.

Say, can M63s even get the amount of ammo capacity he has (999/999, which is actually somethingsomethingsomethingtoobigtodisplay/999 because the display can't show that much; and it even has a bigger clip than can be shown)? I shall check after I've got done watching this! At least I gotta give the CLCH credit for knowing to use it here, but if it can't have that much, there may in fact be more SEVERE CHEATING IN THE RUN AT THIS POINT

I question Zero being a good choice for this fight, but it went off as perfectly as any mortal man, woman, or beast could ask for. Except...you know...maybe for the potential SEVERE CHEATING. He gets hit once by a missile (wastes little to no time), but then gets hit by the minigun, which looks ugly and ends up wasting time that should not have been spent healing! But yeah, the shooting went well!

Final boss time. Wait, you can use characters other than Snake there? Last I checked, you can't do that...maybe if he's not in any squad or something. Fortunately, it's Raikov who sees use here, not GAKO. But why him? Why not GAKO again? Why not Gene himself? Oh wait, passwords lol. This goes well enough to end on a more decent note than certain other runs...like...say...MISSING THE LAST ORB! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  But really now, lots of shots are hit. You lucked out, boy. But better that than MISSING THE LAST ORB!

Time at the end says 1:38. Or 1:28. Or 1:20. Or 1:30. I can't really tell. But CLCH, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR TIME IS. Your run still sucks the underside of a bus! But you got Foxhound, so at least you're not a complete liar.

Other Mothers That I Didn't Mention That The CLCH Could've Done:
- Not forming multiple squads. Yours truly discovered this by mistake the first time through. You can have multiple squads in the game, but if you don't form more than one before a certain point, the offer is off the table. FOREVER! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course, that little quirk is a good thing for running men. The game will only let you use whichever squad Snake happens to be in (if he's not in a squad, you either only use Team Alpha or you do get the option as long as he's out; I forgot which). This simple act would save around 30-40 seconds in a cumulative total from not having the squad select screen pop up when selecting missions.

- If, for any reason, the above is not possible, use Team Alpha. For some reason that not even someone who knows about insane things quite understands, the CLCH puts his characters on Team Bravo the whole way through. The one thing and ONE THING ONLY that it accomplishes is to manage to make him waste even more time at the unneccesary and completely avoidable squad select screen by having to scroll down one every time! The only thing more retarded would be putting them on Team Charlie so every time he goes to select he'd have to scroll down or up not one but TWO spaces!

- Using the MK22 more. A few spots could've probably been improved through its use, even given his whoring Stealth the whole way through (hey, it works, doesn't it?). Notably, the early parts may see a little benefit (not having to hesitate in the prison, perhaps?)

Final Verdict:
The Metal Gear Solid runners get to continue on without another game in the series ran for another day...but obsessive-compulsive running we won't see until 2015 is prefered to this...unique...video. Yeah, let's go with unique video. I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET. NEXT TIME.

The last shred of hope is that somebody screwed it in the opposite of down and gave yours truly and the rest of the verfiers the wrong run. Which may very well have happened!

Oh, and one more thing. Yours truly just checked. It seems that indeed, M63s can't have somethingsomethingsomethingtoobigtodisplay/999 ammo, unless there is a mechanic of which I am unaware. The maximum I have encountered is 800. The CLCH also uses MK22s with more ammo than it normally holds, too (the highest is 064, and he uses ones with 1xx). I thought something was up with that, but brushed it off as a bad memory...now I know better never to question it again. Passwords are one thing, but this? Again, yours truly has no idea, NO IDEA AT ALL, how the CLCH managed to accomplish such a thing, and as he is not forthcoming on how exactly he obtained those...well, let's put it to you, the people, this way. If the other men joining myself in this task of verifying also notice something was up with that and agree on the notion that it is highly unusual...

Real Final Verdict:
Castration with a nail file.

Yours Truly,
Yours Truly

Quote:
First up thank you for letting me be a verifier.

I cannot confirm that the final time is 1 hour and 42 minutes because of the quality of the video; it is too fuzzy to see the time clearly. This is probably as it is a verification copy, not the real thing. The best I could see out of the end-time is that it was 1:20, or 1 hour and 20 minutes, but I can't be certain.

There are no deaths in the run, nor any failed attempts.

I must say I was slightly disappointed with the run, as I did not think it would
use stealth the whole way through, meaning that for the most part it did not require much work or skill, apart from knowing the route from memory. however, it is clear that he has played the game several times through and knows it well. It is still at a high standard, and only a few mistakes are made. Where the run really shines is at the only real challenge, the boss fights, which show planning and skill. Again though, in one fight not much skill was shown, as the runner let himself be hit, and used health packs to revive. This could be classified as "takes damage to save time", although up to 30 seconds would be saved, maximum. If it were my choice, I would put this run up on SDA.

Just a quick couple more notes. The video quality was quite bad as I have
stated, but  the audio was good and there were no cuts or breaks, apart from in the last  segment, however that is a side effect of using a special grenade; all sound in the game is muted for a short period. I noticed nothing wrong with the segments until the final, where at about 1:59 or 2:00, there was a slight cut in the video, indicating that about 10-25 milliseconds were missing from the capture. I checked all the character variables before and after, and the were the same, so it doesn't look like the runner made a switch between two pre-filmed segments to alter the endtime. I noticed no lag with the audio because of this.

Hope I helped,

Quote:
Bar a few minor mistakes, the run's acceptable I'd say. It's not just a New Game + run, it also employs cheats to get new characters (the majority of segment 2 is dedicated to it). The boss fight are all done well and there aren't any deaths. I think that time is correct. Overall, good enough.

Quote:
Vertifier report:

Game: Metal Gear Solid Portible Orbs New Game + Foxhound Run

Video + Audio Quality: Qulaty is good for a PSP game unfortunately I couldn’t read the end time for sure (hope that’s just the Vertifierd copy)

Cheating:
Note: The Stealth suit is extreamly useful and make the normal levels to a joke but the game makes it legal so I vote for a without Stealth category
for this game.

Timing:
I really confused with the timing. The real time and the in game timer( read from the start of each segment) are totally different
so I listed each time for each segment.    I thougt first the game times only the missions but seg 2 profs otherwise.

Segment1: In game: 19:06
        Real: 22:47

He runs pretty strait forward the aiming at the first guard could be a little better.
As he played the first time with stealth he walked first to a wrong door (cost 1-2 sec and looks stupid but nothing major)
His controls are a little slow at the menu as he orders the spies.
At one TNT part he touched a guard and lose the stealth for a sec
The overall walking was good he touched a few corners but all forgivable

Segment2:  In game:  33:11
        real:  37:46

Pytohn Fight: I don't like this fight it don't looks good he got hit multiple times and I thing to aim for headshots is mutch faster so there are
rooms for improvement.
Than the password thing it's the best way to get the soldier but to save time he should had released all soldier before he do that (In the provirus game)
to save the time to release they to not get over the 100 man limit.

Segment 3:  In game: 8:37
          Real: 10:11

First Null fight: Nice fight tactic with the jumping. But I’m really sure that you can kill him with deadly weapons without getting a kill
(sorry If I remember wrong) also going for some headshots would speed the fight up the rest of the segment is pretty good.

Segment 4:  In game: 10:58
          Real: 12:27

Metal gear fight: Solid but nothing special got hit sometimes and he coude have do more use of the quick selection of the RPG I personally don’t
like it to see Restore the health but it doesn’t cost mutch time.

Segment 5: In game: 5:51
            Real: 6:31

Second Null fight: one more time aiming for headshots would be faster he also miss some shoots. The walking part of this segment was fine.

Segment 6:  In Game: Couldn’t read it
          Real: final hit to Gene: 11:44

Pretty good boss fight at the start.  Also solid walking. The Gene fight was ok He finely aims for head shot but missed a few.

Overall:  In Game: Coudent read it
              Real:  1:41:26

The run has a lot of possible improvements but I thing its solid and the best that exist in the moment So I make a accepject (Accepted and rejected)
If the timing is so that the releasing of the character (at the passwording part) is counting in time I say reject because ca 5-7 mins can be saved there
if not I say accept.

Quote:
to 1. Gamefaqs sort the passworts under cheats:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/code/932978.html

but I vote to allow them in order to get the foxhound rank you need 100 recrut soldiers.
there are 3 ways to recruit soldiers
1: to stun them with the mk and bring them to the truck (Woud take forever)
2: Ad-Hoc the psp is searching for W-LAN spots and you get a soldier if there is a spot (really strange thing it depends on the strength on the signal and so)
3: enter a password to get a special soldier like Ozzelot normally you have to complete special task to get them and only get one per game some character you only get with savestats from Metal gear Acid.

So in conclusion Yes the are cheat codes but in this case I woud allow them because the other way's to get 100 solders woud rise the time up over 1h and just looks stupid.
But you have the last word mike so its your decision.

to 2. I was really confusing because of the timer but now I did some test and can say
(sorry that I didn't do the test befor but I hade to deal with some problems of the UMD of this game(I'm playing on a frinds disk atm))
the time in the password menu is added to the game time
also the time to release soldier is added in this case I say know:

reject

but not because of the passwords are cheat codes I still think the should be allowed. It’s because the releasing cost to mutch unnecessary time.

Below is what I told the runner:

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I have to reject this run. You used a cheat code (a password) to unlock characters. One of the verifiers said this should be okay because it normally takes forever to collect the recruits needed for Foxhound rank. I don't think that's a very good excuse though, unless if the time taken to recruit 100 soldiers is something ridiculous like 6-7 hours.

Anyways, even if I accepted using a password to gather recruits, the way you collected recruits was incredibly suboptimal. You didn't clear out your roster before your started your new game + run. Clearing out space for each recruit wastes a lot of time in the long run, somewhere around 5-7 minutes.

Decision: Reject

Reason: The run used a cheat code, and even if I accepted the code, it was used very suboptimally.

The run is available until July 1st upon request, PM me.
Thread title:  
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Holy shit. I want to buy that first verifier a cute puppy to ease his mental suffering... or some horse tranquilizers, I'm not really sure which is better for him at this point.
Quote from TheQuietMan:
Holy shit. I want to buy that first verifier a cute puppy to ease his mental suffering... or some horse tranquilizers, I'm not really sure which is better for him at this point.

ARE YOU MAD?!

He'd kill the puppy!
Complete. Global. Saturation.
I figured it'd settle him down, and at least give him someone to talk to. Better than talking to a stuffed teddy bear.

I know he's just being a showboating attention whore, but it's still sad.
Hope rides alone.
Oh yeah, another V by yours truly! I just couldve dreamed of reading those marvelous comments again, totally over-shadowing whats-o-ever is runned actually Cheesy Yeah! MOAR! you rule, dude!
Lay waste to everything...but I still love SDA!
Let this guy verify all runs from now on. This one made my day.  Cheesy
But i hope the runner will improve the run.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hey, this is the speed runner. I'm just letting you know, I'll give a detailed reply soon. I read all the comments and I think there's a lot of misunderstanding. I'm going to write up a detailed response when I get a chance.
verifier number 1 is living proof that you shouldnt smoke crack before verifying runs
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
All right, there was a lot to read through, I hope I've responded to all the important stuff. I'll bold my responses.

"In his comments, he said and I quote, "I have my main team characters as Raikov, Ocelot, and Zero." Now, Zero is used in the first mission where you must recruit someone, so okay. BUT! Immediately following that, his most frequent used characters turns out not to be Raikov. He said and I quote, "Raikov has an Athlete ability which makes him run faster, which is ideal for getting through the stages quickly, so I use him the most". But there's none of that. Instead, he uses GAKO. "I don't use Ocelot for the Pythom battle since the stage right before Python is so long so it ends up being faster to just use an Athlete to get through it". Yes, he really did say Pythom!"

Here's what happened. I submitted a run of this game with notes. But by time this game got enough verifiers, I had come up with new strategies and submitted another run of this game that was much faster, however, the notes were for the first run that no one saw. So anything I said in my notes might not be applicable to this run.

Also, the reason I didn't use Ocelot for the battles like I said in my earlier notes is because I found out GAMBLER only works in online play! The instruction manual isn't very clear about the abilities, neither are the guides on gamefaqs. It was from I think mgsforum that I found out how GAMBLER works in online play, then through many tests I found out GAMBLER does nothing in the real game. The boss fights don't go by any faster with Ocelot, in which case it ends up faster just sticking to an athlete!

"Okay, so it's actually just slightly more than average, but MY POINT! At least I gotta give him credit for using GAKO, which isn't so bad after all, 'cause Raikov's only got a "B" in Handgun! But still, compulsive liar! COMPULSIVE LIAR! iusdfhjkKJDHSFKJHUISDF But hey, that's still a buncha bullshit. You know who would've been better? Teliko! She's got that Athlete ability he seems so fond of (and rightly so!), and she's got an "S" in Handgun to boot!"

I'll put Teliko into consideration, perhaps she really would be better for running most of the game. I know she has less HP and SP, but if the battles are done well, that probably shouldn't matter, especially if she has better accuracy with her shots.

"Here, he says he recruits Gene through passwords 96 times, citing he has the fastest password to enter. Okay, now that's cool. But instead of doing that, he alternates between entering Ocelot's and entering Gene's, releasing the other every time! Maybe I was a little early on the declaration of being a compulsive liar before, but that only serves as bragging rights for yours truly! He again LIES!"

I actually found that Gene and Ocelot have a practically similar recruiting time. Also, you're unable to discard the soldier you just recruited, therefore, I had to alternate between them each time. And yes, maxing out on soldiers and being forced to discard is a faster strategy than going into the menu and manually discarding.

"Excellent route taken to the general in the next level, but then the now-only-jogging-man goes and fucks it up by releasing him from the interrogation too soon, wasting like 5-10 seconds."

To me, that was probably the most disappointing mistake I made in the run. If I remember correctly, letting go as soon as the convo starts initiates the cut seen mildly faster, but yes, I anticipated and let go too soon. :-(

"Say, why the fuck does the jogging man have so many doctors all named REPYx#, where X is a letter and # is a number? I can't tell their exact names because of the video quality (encoding thing I hope), and it doesn't affect the run itself, but it's still fucked beyond all belief. Maybe that's part of his insanity! And that's coming from someone who claims to be insane himself!"

I just did that in order to keep organized.

"he only ever hits one of the hatches per phase - if you hit both, I think it takes a basketfull of damage, BLAMMO! Just like that!"

Is that true!? If so, I'll definitely test that and could get that battle much faster.

"Combine the damage taken with the fact that the CLCH doesn't know he doesn't need he doesn't need to go into the menu to use MedKits, and you get one ugly-looking boss fight."

I'll look into that. It'd probably look much nicer without going into the menu each time.

"And he still ignores how you don't need to use the MK22 to kill him."

Is it really true that you can kill Null and still get Fox Hound!? Does that only apply to the first Null, or to both? If so, do you have any recommendations for how to kill him fast?

"Snake was not deployed to the level at all. The only one who was was Zero. And yet, Snake still shows up in the cutscene! How did he get there? He cheated! There is none on the part of the CLCH, but there is cheating in this run regardless! Even if he's not the one doing it! No matter how big a badass Big Boss is, he cannot teleport."

Haha, I think you're being satirical but I can't tell for sure. The cut scene always shows Snake on that part of the game, no matter who you use.

"Say, can M63s even get the amount of ammo capacity he has (999/999, which is actually somethingsomethingsomethingtoobigtodisplay/999 because the display can't show that much; and it even has a bigger clip than can be shown)?"

Yes, they can actually. If you put a soldier with ARMS SPECIALIST in your tech unit, it increases the amount of ammo your weapons can hold. All 8 of my techs have ARMS SPECIALIST. In which case, I can hold a whole lot of ammo.

"Final boss time. Wait, you can use characters other than Snake there? Last I checked, you can't do that...maybe if he's not in any squad or something. Fortunately, it's Raikov who sees use here, not GAKO. But why him? Why not GAKO again?"

Yes, you can use soldiers other than Snake. The reason I didn't use GAKO is because different items are needed for this fight than all the other things I use GAKO for. If I were to use GAKO, I'd have to go through the menu to change what he's equipped with. Instead, I set up Raikov with all he needed for the fight so that I didn't have to go through the menu.

"- Not forming multiple squads. Yours truly discovered this by mistake the first time through. You can have multiple squads in the game, but if you don't form more than one before a certain point, the offer is off the table. FOREVER! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course, that little quirk is a good thing for running men. The game will only let you use whichever squad Snake happens to be in (if he's not in a squad, you either only use Team Alpha or you do get the option as long as he's out; I forgot which). This simple act would save around 30-40 seconds in a cumulative total from not having the squad select screen pop up when selecting missions."

Actually, if you make a squad and want to use a specific character in that squad, you'd have to make the switch during the stage which ends up making things slower.

"- If, for any reason, the above is not possible, use Team Alpha. For some reason that not even someone who knows about insane things quite understands, the CLCH puts his characters on Team Bravo the whole way through. The one thing and ONE THING ONLY that it accomplishes is to manage to make him waste even more time at the unneccesary and completely avoidable squad select screen by having to scroll down one every time! The only thing more retarded would be putting them on Team Charlie so every time he goes to select he'd have to scroll down or up not one but TWO spaces!"

It takes a split second to scroll down one in order to choose Team Bravo. The cumulative would add up to a few seconds, which does of course make a difference in a speed run. However, it'd probably take even more time to go into the menu and move my player to Team Alpha. Maybe not, maybe it'd be about the same, or maybe it'd be slightly quicker. The difference would be very mild. However, it's something I'll look into more deeply and try to figure out.

"- Using the MK22 more. A few spots could've probably been improved through its use, even given his whoring Stealth the whole way through (hey, it works, doesn't it?). Notably, the early parts may see a little benefit (not having to hesitate in the prison, perhaps?)"

That's something to consider. I'll think about potential times when MK22 might speed things up.

"Time at the end says 1:38. Or 1:28. Or 1:20. Or 1:30."

It took me a really long time to figure out a way I could record the PSP with any decent quality. I don't know how else I could get the end time to show up more clearly, but it's actually 1:28.

"Pytohn Fight: I don't like this fight it don't looks good he got hit multiple times and I thing to aim for headshots is mutch faster so there are rooms for improvement."

I don't know if head shots actually makes this fight faster since he's not always in a state when he can be hit, and even when he is, he often moves around making head shots difficult. I'll look into it more deeply though.

"the password thing it's the best way to get the soldier but to save time he should had released all soldier before he do that (In the provirus game) to save the time to release they to not get over the 100 man limit."

No, my method of intentionally getting over 100 is the fastest. You're only allowed to recruit a soldier through password once, in order to do it again, you have to discard that soldier. By getting over 100, it forces me to discard, which is slightly faster than going into the menu to discard. Why not just use passwords for all the soldiers then massive discard all in one go? Because most soldiers have a very time consuming password which is even slower than going into the menu to discard. Gene and Ocelot are the only soldiers with fast passwords. Having a relatively empty bank of soldiers might be faster if I was recruiting through nonpassword methods, otherwise the way I do it is fastest.

"First Null fight: Nice fight tactic with the jumping. But I’m really sure that you can kill him with deadly weapons without getting a kill
(sorry If I remember wrong) also going for some headshots would speed the fight up the rest of the segment is pretty good."

Same thing I said about the Python fight, except this one I'm sure about. You can only get head shots with Null if you're at a very far distance. Head shots also won't work because you only get a split second to shoot him after you roll past him. I'm very confident that the strategy I use is the fastest way to stamina kill. However, if HP kill is allowed, then I'll have to look into another way of killing him, any tips?

Second Null fight: one more time aiming for headshots would be faster he also miss some shoots. The walking part of this segment was fine.

Am I allowed to HP Kill the second Null fight, or can I only stamina kill him. If stamina, again, I'm very confident that the strategy I use is fastest.

"Real:  1:41:26"

The real time is going to be different from the game time because the game time doesn't take in a lot of things like loading.

"Decision: Reject

Reason: The run used a cheat code, and even if I accepted the code, it was used very suboptimally."

I explained above how the way I used the passwords is actually a very good strategy and the fastest way to do it.

As for the password being cheating, that's a tough issue so I'm going to go over some examples to better understand it. A lot of games use passwords and in different ways. In some games it's ESSENTIAL in order to progress in the game. For example, you might go to a door that requires you to input a password in order to open it up. In some games, passwords let you skip to another level. You can type in a password and instantly get to level 10. What's the password system like in MGS:PO? Well, I think it's somewhere inbetween these 2 extreme examples. Do passwords skip stages in this game? No. But are passwords essential in order to get Fox Hound rank? No. However, passwords ARE ESSENTIAL in some ways in this game. If you are trying to collect all special characters, the only way you can obtain GAKO is through the password system, that's the only way. So yes, passwords are somewhat essential in this game, just not so for getting Fox Hound rank. Does that mean they should not be used if you can do it without them? Well, I think it's a similar question compared to the issue of stealth. Other Metal Gear titles wouldn't allow the use of stealth in order to get Big Boss or Fox Hound rank. This game happens to let you use it. Should you not be allowed to use it just because you can do so without? I think in a case like this, there could be multiple categories, a password playthrough and a no password playthrough, a stealth playthrough and a no stealth playthrough.

So here's my offer, I've received some great tips from people through this. I'll put these tips into consideration and make an even better even faster speed run. However, I'd still like to be allowed to use passwords. It's not to be stubborn, it's just that it'd take probably around 2 hours to recruit without passwords which is so boring and not something I care to do (the password system is already boring enough). Also, I think a lot of people thought the way I recruited through passwords was flawed when it actually wasn't.

In my next post, I'm going to list my ideas for things I can improve on when I redo this run, and I'd really appreciate it if people would read my ideas or questions and help me out.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
If Mike will be kind enough to allow a password play of this run, here are the things I plan to improve when I redo this. Please read so that you all might be able to help me!

1) I'm going to consider using Teliko as my main runner instead of GAKO. As far as I can tell, Teliko has lower HP and SP, yet is an S in handgun. Gako has more HP and SP, but is only an A in Handgun. They are both athletes. Even though Teliko has less HP and SP, if I get through the fights really well, then that shouldn't matter. And she also has an S in handgun, the only weapon she'll be using, which means more shooting accuracy on the fights which means they can be done faster. Does this sound like a good strategy?

2) I need to find out if it'd be faster to go into the menu to move my main runner into Team Alpha position, or if it's faster to just leave the main runner in Team Bravo and scroll down one each time I chose a stage. Anyone think they know the answer to that?

3) No more careless mistakes, no more bumping into an enemy soldier, no more letting go of an interrogation too soon, etcetera. Even if they might not affect the speed of the run, they still look bad. I think we all can agree on that.

4) I'm going to look into the possibility of head shots on Python. Perhaps there are times I can manage them, and if so, that might make the fight faster. Does anyone have tips on when Python is open to head shots?

5) I'm very confident the strategy I use for both Null fights are the fastest. However, am I allowed to HP Kill the first Null, and what about the second Null. If so, what is a good HP Kill strategy?

6) I'm going to use my items without having to go to the menu each time. I think everyone will agree with that.

7) Does shooting both the hatches on Metal Gear do more damage than just focusing on one at a time? Does hitting in the center do more damage than hitting towards the edges or the bottom?

8 ) What soldier do you think would be best suited for the final fight with Gene? I figure someone that's good with both grenades and handgun and who also has high Stamina would be best.

9) I want to make it clear that the way I use the password system is the fastest. If someone knows a faster method, please explain clearly. However, is there any way to set it on caps automatically, that might make it faster rather than scrolling through to the capital letters all the time. I couldn't find any way to do that though.

10) I've found out that I'm allowed many more saves than I used. I'll make good use of that.
Waiting hurts my soul...
These cheat codes... are they found in the game some way and are static?  I think that could lend a lot to your argument for using them; otherwise, the stance on using cheat codes as far as I know is to just say no.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote from ZenicReverie:
These cheat codes... are they found in the game some way and are static?  I think that could lend a lot to your argument for using them; otherwise, the stance on using cheat codes as far as I know is to just say no.

They're in game. Like, imagine going to a shop and buying equipment, except instead of going into a shop you go to a password screen and use passwords for characters.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from jamesters:
Quote from ZenicReverie:

They're in game. Like, imagine going to a shop and buying equipment, except instead of going into a shop you go to a password screen and use passwords for characters.

So, you're buying the passwords from a shop?  I'm not asking how you enter the passwords, I'm asking where you get them from.
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
As far that I know ther is no way to colecct the passwords in the game.
But it is possible to get the secred character if you solve special quest for Gene for example recrute 200 soldier
(GaKo coud be the exeption from that somewere I read that producing or collecting 100 Gakos (those littel grean frogs will unlock him but no prof about that)
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote from ZenicReverie:
So, you're buying the passwords from a shop?  I'm not asking how you enter the passwords, I'm asking where you get them from.

Ugh, haha, I guess I wasn't very clear. No, they are in the menu, but not the title menu, the in game selection menu. The same menu where you arrange your soldiers and everything else, you can also enter a password screen.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from jamesters:
Quote from ZenicReverie:

Ugh, haha, I guess I wasn't very clear. No, they are in the menu, but not the title menu, the in game selection menu. The same menu where you arrange your soldiers and everything else, you can also enter a password screen.

I'm not sure you understood the original question.  I was asking if there was a way to find the passwords in the game.

I was thinking maybe the passwords were hidden somewhere in the game to be found.  Say you pick up a piece of paper and there's a passcode on it, or some NPC tells you the password after doing something for them, or maybe it's displayed after the end credits?  If these are true then you could argue that using them is just knowledge you've gained while playing the game.  Although, some games have level selects unlocked and those aren't allowed to skip to the final level and have that be a run.  But, possibly they could be considered a different category?  Still seems like a weak argument, but at least it'd be some ground to stand on.

If could only find them by random guessing, then they're most likely debug codes left in by the developers and I'd say closer to using the console in a PC game.  In any case, I'm against using passwords.  I suggest spending the 2 hours getting the rank normally if you need the rank.  I'm not familiar with how this game works.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I see, ya, I'm not aware of anywhere they are found in the game. Although, IIRC, there are places in other Metal Gear titles such as MGS3 and Metal Gear Acid, in which codes are written on walls and some of those codes might be passwords used in this game. The passwords in this game were not just left in, they were put into the game intentionally.
Now, if only someone would run MGA, then we'd have a full set.