List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalGear.html

Marko 'MASTER-88' Vanhanen's single-segment deathless and death abuse runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Well I've just got through the run with deaths. I'll put the deathless run and the SR run in one PM if that's okay.

The audio falls out of synch early in the run and, by the time it's finished, is 4-5 seconds out. There also seem to be a few graphical glitches in the first 50 seconds.

The route is almost identical to the previous run, but minor improvements like avoiding dialogue and slightly better fights make it a fair bit faster. I couldn't confirm this, but I'm fairly sure all the dialogue skips are either luck-based or down to positioning, so it wasn't a cheat. Both deaths save a significant amount of time, and there's a different final boss strategy.

It's an improvement over the previous run and uses exactly the same rules, so I'd say it's an accept.

Quote:
Metal Gear - Deathless

It's arguably a bit more sloppy than the other run, but it shares the same competence in route planning. As with the other run, the audio runs slightly faster than the video. It doesn't seem to involve cheats.

The only real differences are the longer route from the rooftop and the second trip through the water, along with getting the extra rations required for the latter. All of these are done fairly efficiently.

Overall, it's a good run, and I'd say it's an accept.

Quote:
Metal Gear with death abuse:

Hello, I am back again for this run for my 3rd, I think, time verifying this game and from the same runner. Fist I wanna bring up my first comments from his first submitted run.

Quote:
Audio and Video
video is good but the audio get out of sync further and further as the vid goes on

Route
Great route

Game play
The game play was very sloppy, the run was full of pauses when moving to a new "area" as if the runner was unsure of what way to go. Seemed like this run was not smooth. The runner also did not cut corners (turns) as tight as they could have been, but i can over look this. The runner also got stuck on corners very often.

Verdict - rejected

I will admit, it was my first time as a verifier and I believe I was VERY critical. I still believe I am. But look at the runners progression!!!!!!!!

A/V quality - Ok, but the audio sync was crap, I am sure it was just the verification copy of the run. Thats what you get with a 30ish min game compressed into a 40mb file I guess. I am sure the final copy will be much better.

Rout - Still very nice

I am very happy to see this run be improved so much. I believe that the runner has almost met this games limits for SDA. All in all, the runner covered everything I wanted to point out about the run in the runs notes. So I really don't need to say much. I really do believe there is approximately 1 minute of improvement left from this run. But I am still impressed with it overall.

Accepted for sure.

Oh, and I have it timed at 27:57.960 in Vdoub

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metal Gear with out death abuse

I have been waiting for this run. Brb, I need popcorn...

Timed at 31:55.530 in Vdoub

A/V - same as above

route - still good

I was actually disappointed with this run. I had my hopes up for a more fluid/smooth run... There was 2 memory fails from what I saw, but they did not hamper all too much at all. There was a lot of corner catches. This is what really hurts I think. The return trip on the rooftop bridges was rather sloppy as well.

But all in all, it is still high quality play from what I can see. I would much rather see this run be near perfect or perfect before the death abuse run. That is just me though.

Accept. Again, I really want to see a cleaner run for this category.

Quote:
Verifier: The one with deaths looks fine.
Verifier: It's the same strat as the old run, just cleaner.
Verifier: The one without deaths is a bit meh, it's pretty much the same as the one with deaths except he has to waste more time backtracking and grabbing rations.
Verifier: I'm not completely convinced it's faster to grab all those rations rather than just getting the oxygen tank.
Verifier: Except I've forgotten where the oxygen tank is so it's possible it's a million miles out of the way.
Verifier: Checking now.
Verifier: OK yeah, never mind.
me: okay then the deathless run is good?
Verifier: Yeah.
Verifier: Well, I haven't gone over it with a fine-toothed comb yet to check for inconsistencies.
Verifier: But it's not like I'm expecting any, since it's the same guy who did the last one.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Maybe, "THE TRUCK HAVE STARTED TO MOVE" isn't as elegant as some of the later Metal Gear prose, but it'll do.
Thread title:  
Master-88
Thanks guys.:)

Cool see guy who last time reject accept my both runs this time.  And yeah i agree my mistakes in deathless run was just noob looking. Especially some things before last building look little bad. I might try better run somedays. But its seems thats still good enought.