List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Zakkie 'ZakkyDraggy' Starres's Tornado run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
1. Garam II - God, I love the majesty of the TORNADO. Excellent snap shot to the exposed torso.
2. Siamang - Picture perfect 1-2 punch to Siamang's junk.
3. Wong - The difference in granularity and power of the TORNADO's weapon changes this battle into another well-timed and well-executed 2 shots.
4. Griffin - Can't this bastard be killed any faster? Probably not! I never feel satisfied with the runs of this guy. He's so durable. :[
5. Viscount - Oh, Zakkie. You do us proud. Good christ, the TORNADO devastates this boss.
6. Thanatos - A very impressive takedown, and I especially like that you came by the strategy on accident. It shows, I can just see you fat-finger that fire button at the wrong time and, as a result, Thanatos explodes in glory.
7. Arachnus - I watched each segment sound-only once to see if I could guess what went down. During this segment, all I heard was the sound of Arachnus being brutally dismembered in one volley. Bravo, it must have taken many attempts before he cooperated this well and let you open with a L7 shot Cheesy
8. Cobra - Excellent use of your understanding of this guy's Shield Vortex mechanic. I love seeing this guy blown away with one beam!
9. Grokken - This felt like an ugly kill, but that's just because the TORNADO has so much time to kill in this battle. I don't have any improvements in mind, personally.
10. Virvius I - I really feel like you might be able to beat this seconds faster using a more creative strategy. I haven't run this with the TORNADO myself so I could be mistaken, but is it worth waiting through the durations of 2 whole bombs and a level 10 charge to get a massive, 1-shot kill, or can he be killed faster with a combination of smaller shots? I won't thumbs down because of this, but when you revisit this run, you may be able to make big improvements here.
11. Virvius II - As above, it seems like "delay the boss for 10.3 seconds so you can crater his skull with a L10 shot" is too simple to be the best stategy against Virvius. Can it be done with a level 9 shot, or a level 7 and a level 1? Would that be faster? Still approved, but I am eager to see you revisit this boss.
12. Giga-Desp Pod - Little can be said about this. Good shot :] Getting the bomb to hit all 6 lamps is tricky.
13. Giga-Desp Core - Well played, but as before, experiment! I look forward to your next shot at this category :]

Approved!

As a side note, I sort of view the segmented category of this type of game as boot camp for the single segment run. Every type of randomness that can go wrong is able to ruin a single-segment run if you can't adapt to what the enemy ST might do in later stages. That being said, you've done some really impressive work with both the FALCON and TORNADO, but I would still recommend (and like to see) you return to the FALCON Segmented run once more, and then this one, before moving on to the single-segment category. The segmented category is a much more granular expression of your perfection on the individual levels; the single-segment, a display of patience, practice, and good fortune. Good luck whichever you choose Smiley

Quote:
Cliff notes: Zakkie shoots the opponent, opponent go boom.

This run sums up why Tornado is so much better than Falcon in this game. I really don't have much to say, except I'd still really like to see a single-segment of this game with Tornado.

Easy accept

Quote:
Late reply because my interwebs were broken but its all above board and well played. Nicely handled in each battle.

Some of the shots were really great and I like how Zakkie has great understanding of the game mechanics.

Otherwise, the first verifier has said everything that needs to be said. I approve of the run.

EDIT: Also i think Zakkie confused the game. Final result shows only...(only, dear god) 99 continues but you had way more than that. 74 on Virvius 1 alone. That kind of patience deserves a medal I think.

Decision: Accept

Reason: 3,2,1, Ready, Go! (robot explodes)
Thread title: