My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Bart 'TheVoid' de Waal's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: Merry Gear Solid: nothing to talk about
Verifier: it seems almost optimal, clean, accept

Quote:
Verifier: well, it's an accept from my end, nothing to say really. I think it's optimal down to a couple of frames and the only room that even leaves some potential room for improvement is the second last room

Quote:
Verifier: merry gear solid is near perfect, not really anything to say

Decision: Accept

Reason: hohoho? The run is nearly perfect.
Thread title:  
boss
So how long is this run anyway? Just curious.
The time is 2:18.14 (138.14 in-game timer).
boss
Oh, just saw the run on youtube. You could save two whole seconds on the 8th floor by going into the last boys line of sight asap and flashing him, it isn't too hard. You could also save a second on the 9th floor by knocking on the wall directly above the right side of the stairs - this will lure the first guy out and you can flash all three of them with a single camera, while already knocking on the wall to lure out the guy on the right. You flash him before he even starts turning while comming from around the corner.
Quote from groobo:
You could save two whole seconds on the 8th floor by going into the last boys line of sight asap and flashing him, it isn't too hard.

Whenever I tried that the guy always saw me.

Quote:
You could also save a second on the 9th floor by knocking on the wall directly above the right side of the stairs - this will lure the first guy out and you can flash all three of them with a single camera, while already knocking on the wall to lure out the guy on the right. You flash him before he even starts turning while comming from around the corner.

Oh that's nice.

Guess I'll get back at it sometime then Wink Thanks.
boss
Quote from TheVoid:
Quote from groobo:
You could save two whole seconds on the 8th floor by going into the last boys line of sight asap and flashing him, it isn't too hard.

Whenever I tried that the guy always saw me.

You have to get into his line of sight on the lower square.
gratz on the run!

Soooo is this the first accepted freeware run here on SDA?...
Quote from ZaibirQuild:
gratz on the run!

Thanks Smiley

Quote:
Soooo is this the first accepted freeware run here on SDA?...

No, Iji was the first one I think.
boss
One more small improvement: on the 8th floor you can blind the group of kids asap, then wait for the other two on the same square the left south-most kid is standing (couldn't do it on the one on the right). This basically saves one square of walking once you can proceed. Just got a very high 2:15 - I wish you luck with recording one of those ;).