Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManX2.html

Sattik 'Tiki' Ghosh's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Comments:

Lol, Sigma tried to troll Tiki at the end, but Tiki trolled him right back.

Oh, the run? Yeah, it was a piece of shit, but I guess I'll accept.

Quote:
Looks good. Sounds good, although the audio is a fraction of a second behind.

It's an awesome watch. He nails a lot of the tricky stuff, like the X Hunter 2 speed trick and both Gator fights. There's a mistake or three in the run, the biggest ones being screwing up on both junk bots in Moth and the Snail refight. Also, after getting the buster upgrade, why didn't he jump early? Did he try to and miss it?

Accept

Quote:
Audio and Video fine.

No cheating as far as I can see.

When I first saw I was going to be verifying Mega Man X2, I was pretty skeptical. Frezy's run is my favorite run on the entire site. The very thought that anyone could do better than that had never crossed my mind.

But, this run did it. So many strategies were used that had never occurred to me. There's a lot, and since this is a verification, the good is less important than the bad.

All in all there were only two major mistakes in my opinion. First, Overdrive Ostrich level, the heart on top of the spikes. Second, the second fight with Crystal Snail. Both lost some valuable seconds, but nothing detrimental

Two mistakes is not enough to reject this run. In fact this run is amazing. Probably my new favorite.

The run stands by itself, but to really appreciate it one must watch it along side Frezy's currently posted run. It's sad but exhilarating to see someone best a polished run with an even more polished.

Well done, truly a must watch.

Decision: Accept.

Quote:
Nothing can withstand the flaming fist of flamboyance, except for a bitchy Crystal Snail. Oh do behave!

Accept

Quote:
Quality (Capture)
This runner has to be the only one who has a DVD player that drops frames. Maybe we can pool our money together and give him a new one at the next SDA get-together.

Quality (Gameplay)
- A much faster and more reliable Wheel Gator strategy.
- Screws up both the jumping junk bots in Morph Moth’s stage and the other run of the stage beats it because of this. He does use a new strategy against Morph Moth which results in a fast defeat though.
- He kills the C4 chip sword with one hit instead of two.
- Screws up the heart tank in Overdrive Ostrich’s stage, but the old run crashed into things to put himself behind anyway. The runner is more aggressive and effective against him too.
- That has to be the luckiest and quickest Violen battle ever.
- He gets to Serges a lot faster through some serious spike-tempting.
- Man, that Wheel Gator strategy is just so sexy.
- Crystal Snail does the best “FUCK YOUR SPEEDRUN!” ever and all that time the runner put ahead of the old run for this level goes down the drain.
-The rest is pretty much the same.

Timing
Mega Man X begins his quest to avenge Green Biker Dude at: 2046 (00:34.134)
Mega Man X unleashes the final space/time continuum shift at: 129779 (36:05.146) - I may be a frame or two off from what you want. It's hard to tell.
Mega Man X is capable of wiping out an entire army in: 35:31.012

Overall
The gameplay is better overall because there are fewer missed jumps and more effective dashing and better use of power-ups. There are some new strategies used that save a lot of time, but there are also some rough patches which see the runner fall behind on direct stage comparisons. This run is almost a whole minute faster than the old run, and I accept it.

Quote:
Mega Man X2

A/V: Verification copy quality sucks, but it is all good besides that.

Cheating: None besides his turbo controller, JK

Intro Stage: All went perfect besides the boss fight. It is a safe fight but can be done about 1/2 second or so faster, but it is hard.

WS: Only 1 mistake in the stage. Very good boss fight. Can't save more than 1 ish seconds on this fight. Was really lucky to get WS to go up when it was needed.

WG: Did not jump during the weapon demo, could have saved about 1 second there. But after looking at it again, I see why the runner did not jump, I am unsure of what method is faster though. WOW, at 5:26 the runner got really lucky and did not get hit and sent back down. Only noticed 2 mistakes in this stage. But I don't know if not jumping is faster or not during the demo, so I will just say there was 1 I noticed. Perfect boss fight.

BC: I watched through this stage twice, I did not find 1 mistake. Good show. I do not consider the chain at the start a mistake because oh how chain works. Uncharged, it only stops your vertical movement/momentum but there is no difference in horizontal speed, at least that is what I can tell. I very well may be wrong. VERY small amount of bad timing on the boss, neglect-able time lost.

FS: This stage has some very small mistakes littered throughout it. I still hate the final climb. It is good, but there is a faster way. Boss was great. 3 hits were a  few frames late though. Nothing serous.

MM: Why the runner does not use wheel against the trash men are beyond me. And the pink bugs were slow as well. This just looks really bad. This is really easy to do faster. jump vertically and have a stream of bubbles waiting for the pink bug to jump into. Some mistakes throughout the stage here as well, nothing too major besides the trash men. Boss was perfect.

MC: This stage was great. Some bad luck with the mini boss jumping though. Boss was cooperating and did not port too much.

CS: I disagree with the second charged burner location. I think it should have been saved for a few more seconds for after the fall to activate the ice block moving. Also the one hit could have been avoided by turning and shooting a burner left then finishing the climb. Great boss fight. Only a few frames wasted.

OO: Better safe than sorry. All I need to stay for this stage. Bit off a loss though. Boss fight was about 1 second slow. The boss can be hit about half a second earlier than what the runner did. Not a big deal though.

Revisit: Was the the cleanest.

Hunter stage 1: Perfect besides 1 thing I noticed. An uncharged silk shot can be fired early to hit the last guy that closes the wall. This will prevent the small amount of lag from having charged silk shot on screen. Again, nothing major. Just a small thing I noticed. Damn, the boss was not being nice here. Nothing the runner could have done about it though.

Hunter Stage 2: Stage and boss was great. Finally finished filling up a Sub Tank here as well.

Hunter Stage 3: This stage along with Hunter Stage 2 is a hit box win. Boss was good.

Shoryu Gauntlet: WOW Snail fight was ugly. Sponge is a whore. All that needs to be said about this.

Final Stage: Being a lil hesitant here. Zero fight was smooth. Very safe but a tad slower than Frezy's run. Sigma decided to be a poopie head. Final Sigma was taken down in 2 shots. Almost 1 shot though.

Overall: As a fan, this run is super duper. As a verifier, This run is almost super duper. Some execution mistakes that can be cleaned up easily. As a runner of this game, DAMN IT HOW DID YOU GET SO LUCKY WITH THIS!!!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!

Any way you look at this run, it is special. A great improvement over the current run. Accept. Grats to the runner

Decision: Accept

Reason: Tiki and X - BFFs
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Tiki: 2010-09-20 10:44:02 pm
Tiki: 2010-09-20 10:41:32 pm
Tiki: 2010-09-20 10:40:18 pm
Tiki: 2010-09-20 10:31:37 pm
I don't even know what the fuck this is
yeah the junk bots are just fucking terrible in this run. I kill the first one with the buster because it makes it much, much more likely that he won't jump at you (that is, if you kill him right before he finishes rising, which I obviously didn't). The second one, however, I normally don't kill with the buster. That was just some kind of weird ass brain titty. I actually only lost four seconds to Frezy in that level, though. I was told that jumping after the Wheel Gator capsule was slower, so I didn't do it.

so... SUP HEIDMAN, I'll address a couple things in your response because it's the most comprehensive:

WG: If you get there fast enough, the dudes will almost never send you back down. That's not luck.
FS: Actually, I did side-by-side comparisons of my climbing method vs. yours, and mine was 7 frames slower. That means absolutely nothing, they're essentially the same.
MM: I was so disoriented during the entire thing because I was making mistakes I never made before that it just got worse and worse. Gay shit.
CS: Burning where I do gives you more burn distance than burning to the block. I didn't know about avoiding the hit, though, so I R TARD
OO: I didn't actually mean to miss the heart like that, I just fucked up and turned too early. I wasn't trying to be safe Tongue and yeah I don't really care that much when fighting Ostrich, risk vs reward is too high
Hunter stage 1: Actually, what I should've done is charged a slicer to kill the dude. It's a lot easier and doesn't lag. The boss was actually nice though because he didn't make any lag whatsoever.

MEGA MAN X2 MORE LIKE LEGO FAN BLEX POO

FUCK YEAH THIS IS MY BEST RUN EVER

FUCK YOU
FUCK ME
FUCK HIM
FUCK HER
FUCK PENIS
DICKPENIS COCKENSTRUDEL

AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh, and I guess here's some fuckin' bull shit I could've fuckin' done to make this fuckin' run better that no one else mentioned:

-I actually wasted more time fighting Serges than I did in the entirety of Morph Moth's level. Lame. It's because my mom was talking to me about laundry or some shit while I was doing this battle.
-There's a strategy to get the heart tank in Bubble Crab's level that saves about four seconds, but it's pretty ridiculously specific.
-If the fuckin' game would've given me better drops, I could've saved a full two seconds on X Hunter 3, and God knows how much time in X Hunter 4. Seriously, I got like, 3 giant capsules in a row in Bubble Crab, then nothing else for the rest of the game till X Hunter 2.
-I should've stood closer to where Centipede was teleporting on the ground.

I've gone through X Hunter 4 25 seconds faster with about the same luck, so that was just a giant fuckup. Sub 35 is definitely possible, but I'm going to tackle other games first before going for that time.
Good fucking game. That is all.
from red to blue
Terrist Man here. I HAVE EATEN FAR MORE BABIES THAN YOU AND THINK THAT MEGA MAN X2'S MUSIC IS FUCKING BOSS.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Ya, I knew you would be able to pick me out. Grats bro
Leave it to Tiki runs to generate the most colorful replies.
thx doods
Kryal, I should just give you a bunch of POSIES because you're a POSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunate that Tiki tells me to go to sleep right before he gets this run. Congratulations though.
that Metroidvania guy
lego fan blex poo?
yeah
wise fwom yo gwave
didn't i buy you a copy of this game a really long time ago for you? or was that a different game?
contraddicted
Congrats Tiki for finally raping this one.
The collection's now complete Cheesy

Do you see this as a revenge for what Mega Man did to you in your dreams back in the past?
stanski, you gave me an extra cart you had of smb3 to do a mm7 run... lol do you want that back because I still haven't done one?
hanz, I'd only see doing a mm7 run as revenge. and I don't think I'll get that revenge any time soon
wise fwom yo gwave
No i don't care about it lol. It was so long ago i forgot what i gave you honestly