--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManX.html

Sattik 'tiki' Ghosh's single-segment 100% run

Quote:
Geezes christ, what the fuck did Tiki do to Mega Man X? What a run.

My favorite part was the climb up Kuwanger's Tower, he really showed off his platforming skills there and it was just awesome to watch.

The intro stage.. could it be ANY faster at all? Takes JUST enough damage during the stage to quickly end the Vile section, and also he seems to have triggered Vile coming out of the ship at the precise time (the ship didn't have to move much at all).

The stages were generally awesome with very few mistakes.

The more noticeable mistakes were missing the first Hadoken on the spider, and the Chill Penguin refight looked a bit awkward. Other than that.. maybe more Chameleon Sting invincibility would make it a little faster? I'm specifically thinking about the first Sigma stage where he took the hits.. charged Sting might have made it a bit faster. I can't really think of anything else.

If you're ever going to masturbate to a speed run, this is the one. Accept, because it's so Tikilicious.

Quote:
West Coast greetings Mike,
  Mega Man XXX verified:

Audio/Visual/No Cheating = All good.

Let's do it, Intro Stage: Exactly what you'd expect.  Bonus points for shooting in sync with the music towards the end.  One gripe, after talking with Zero, why does Mega Man have to walk to the middle of the screen to transport?  Does Zero do that, no, just goes up where he is.  Why does Mega Man have to be a spoiled, blue princess?  Disgraceful, I'm renaming him Diva Man X for the rest of the run for hogging center screen.  Moving on...

Penguino: Level was perfect, Tiki's mashing is uber sexy.  The boss fight starts well, but then Chill starts sliding around like a drunken asshole.  What the junk penguin?!  I know you're mad that you aren't the penguin used as Mike's avatar, but it's been months now, get over it!

Bald Eagle: Another great level.  Diva Man might as well wear a damn cape while flying through those platforms.  Then right at the end!  Always that cannon at the end, eh Tiki?  I can hear you swearing from here.  Boss starts well, unusual behavior with the double egg vomit.  Then the swooping.  On the last hit, Tiki tags him slightly lower than is optimal.  In slow-motion, you realize this is done so that Tiki can release on Eagle's face.  Fair enough.

Hairy Elephante: Buster Upgrade get was sweet, cleared all blocks.  New shotgun ice to E-Tank retrieval is diva-tastic.  Takes an axe to the ass climbing out after the heart, the jury is still out on whether X enjoyed it or not.  Diva Man pauses to make out with the second to last soldier before boss time.  Classy.  Great boss fight minus being set ablaze once.

Boomerang: Tiki changes to Spider-Diva for better ladder management.  Then uses the elevator to put X's face into some spikes.  BDSM?  Yes please!  Costly error for a couple seconds on one protruding platform.  Boss fight, hot.  Girl on girl hot.  That is all.

Lizard Man: Everything is mashed potatoes and gravy here.

Sparky: Level was good, but Diva Man was off in his boss performance, a few missed shots.  Not a lot of time lost, but I know he was a little grumpy after this.

Army Dillo: The level is brutalized, tense moment at the end as X almost lands on the cart as it bounces left.  And as the law of inertia says: Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion. It is represented numerically by an object's mass. The principle of inertia is one of the fundamental principles of classical physics which are used to describe the motion of matter and how it is affected by applied forces.  Meaning, he would have died.  And the boss was good too.

Launch Octopus Coolest Boss intro evAr: Next hero X transforms into is Aqua Diva.  The powered tornado to sink the boat is so tight I can't write how I really feel without being banished.  In total, I think this may be the best stage.  Right at the end when it counts too.

Cut scene with Zero: Again with the center screen.  Cut the BS! You are such an ego whore X!  Stop it!

Chill revisited: One hit from a wheel.  You're getting cocky Diva Man.

Dillo revisited: Exactly what you'd expect.  Great bird management.  Tiki should open a carrier pigeon service and help the communists get re-established.

Sigma 1: Epic start, Tiki nails the floating platforms.  And the Zero/Vile scene skip?  X's foot is touching the floor!  Oh well, count it!  Vile fight was perfect, both parts, even with the almost-botched-douken.  Heart breaker on the spider, especially with the easy drop pattern.  Ouch.

Sigma 2: The run has been awesome so far, but I'm going to give Tiki a WTF? on Chill Penguin.  I'll chalk it up to nerves after the spider incident.  Fair enough?  Great energy drop going to Eagle to restore hadouken ability, I now forgive the Penguin scene.  Boss is destroyed, could have released on both his eyes, but the red eye moving is random, so no points off.  One facial will suffice.

Sigma 3: One of these days we're going to get the hadouken on Chameleon, I can feel it.  Octopus looks pathetic here.  Mild scare on Mammoth, but Diva recovers to still down, down-forward, forward punch.  Boss is an uncooperative bastard, you have my deepest sympathy.

Sigma Final: Rush and Luke Skywalker have no chance.  And despite the first hits, the final fight was epic, really lucky hand patterns.

In the end, I accept both the run and Tiki as my new personal hero.  Tiki is - Diva Man seXy.

And I can't wait to here the commentary...

Quote:
Here is my review for the new Mega Man X 100% run:

The new Mega Man X 100% run improves on the existing run through both improved execution and a faster route.  Audio and video quality are excellent, and no cheating is detected.

The largest route change involves beating Boomer Kuwanger before visiting Spark Mandrill's stage.  This change allows the runner to get the E-tank in Spark Mandrill's stage while going to beat Spark Mandrill.  The old run required a return trip to Mandrill's stage, at a cost of over twenty seconds.  This change means that the runner does not have access to the homing torpedo for the Boomer Kuwanger fight, but the aggressive X-Buster strategy used is only about six seconds slower.  Overall, it's a significant route improvement.

Another aspect of the stage order change is that Sting Chameleon is completed before Launch Octopus.  The first submarine fight in Launch Octopus' stage is completed slightly faster using chameleon sting.  However, the runner needs to use an ice platform to reach the heart in Sting Chameleon's stage because the level isn't flooded, which is a few seconds slower.  In the end, it looks like a zero-sum trade-off, so I'm surprised that the runner didn't complete the stages in the order of Boomer Kuwanger, Spark Mandrill, Armoured Armadillo, Launch Octopus, then Sting Chameleon.  I suspect the time would be the same, but it would eliminate the difficult jump to the heart in Sting Chameleon's stage.

There is also a very pretty route change within Flame Mammoth's stage.  The runner uses an ice platform to reach the E-tank, instead of climbing through the level, saving roughly ten seconds.

In terms of improved execution, there are numerous examples, but I will mention the three that stood out to me.  Ascending Boomer Kuwanger's tower without rolling shield requires some talented acrobatics, and actually winds up being about three seconds faster than the old run's ascent.  The miniboss guarding the armour upgrade (RT-55J) is completed almost ten seconds faster by focusing on targeting the head.  And, the area immediately following where Vile is killed is done much more cleanly, making excellent use of a charged spark to take out an enemy.

In terms of new glitches, the Vile/Zero text-skip glitch is expanded upon, saving about six seconds by having Vile attack X while talking.

There are only two mistakes that are clearly visible.  The first was a mistimed hadouken against Bospider, but that mistake only cost a few seconds.  The second mistake is that the runner is hit during the second Chill Penguin fight, necessitating the use of an E-tank and some jumping around until Chill Penguin gets into position for a hadouken.  This mistake cost a little over ten seconds.

In summary, this run is a significant improvement over the old run.  Route changes and improved execution both contribute to the improved time, and in the entire run there is only one mistake of any significance.  Spectacular job, and a clear accept.

Quote:
Shooting in time with the music = instant accept from me (guess who).

But shooting in time with the game's internal clock looks pretty TAS so I decided to verify more closely.

This was difficult because I was eating a quesadilla I burnt a little with a knife and fork, so please ignore my opinion for I wasn't vigilant enough. I am a lousy verifier not worthy of Tiki's amazingness.

Armored Armadillo had no sound because I took off my headset to get a glass of milk. But I was looking at the screen, don't worry. There was a weird upward pitch bend at the password screen before Zero tells Tiki what a lazy jerk he's been, so this means it was done on console, nobody can TAS a bend like that. Not even David Gilmour.

I was going to make audio commentary for this on first viewing, but this computer's microphone port seems to be jacked up. ;_;

So even though my words carry no weight, please accept this run due to creative use of Jin Kisaragi's signature move (ice car), gratuitous Storm Tornadoes, Chill Penguin rape, using boomerangs for maximum style power late in Sting Chameleon's stage, and use of Super Arte III that would make Vanao proud. (SF3rd Strike metagame jokes?!)

I bet Tiki would play a mean Sagat.

btw ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Reason: Big Bird Man
Thread title:  
I don't even know what the fuck this is
why so serious, 3rd verifier? actually that's a good route idea, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that. LOLOLOZLOZLOZLZOLOZLOZLZOLZOL
Maybe if I used C-sting in more places it'd gain me some time.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
The 3rd verifier was so serious because it was the first time he ever verified for SDA, and he wanted to make a good impression.  Or, at least that's what I heard Wink

That was an amazing run, Tiki!  Congratulations.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
There better be audio commentary with this one!
Quote from Frezy's MMX 100% run comments:
This is a good run. It can be improved and there still is mistake in it as you can see but I'm satisfied with this and will not improve it. But if someone beat this time I think I will go back to this fun 100% run again. But I was a little bit tired on this run becuse the random boss fights.

Of course, that was four years ago.  But still.
I don't even know what the fuck this is
Quote from Axel Ryman:
There better be audio commentary with this one!

ya there is, it's not live but I got four friends to help me. Pretty stupid shit.
Thanks everyone :3 and I hope Frezy at least takes interest in taking this back.
Verifier #1 here. Excellent job, Tiki. The Kuwanger climb is STILL my favorite part. Tongue
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Quote:
If you're ever going to masturbate to a speed run, this is the one. Accept, because it's so Tikilicious.

Jerk it to a game called "Mega Man XXX"? I think not!