Verifier Responses

Quote:
Good Evening Big Sexy,
  Reviewing the Blue Bomber.

Cheating: Probably a turbo controller being used here......kidding Tiki

Audio/Visual: Good, because he is including the LIVE commentary

The run:

Intro - Can't be any faster really

Chill slide around to waste your time while I'm invincible Penguin - Just one missed dash-jump over an ostrich.  The boss fight was pretty good given the pattern the runner got.

Boomer what the hell were they smoking when they named me Kuwanger - Smooth level run, the last part jumping through all of the turrets was really nice.  Boss fight was handled well for just using the buster.

Sting I just want to lick you all over Chameleon - Just a couple spots in the cave where Mega Man tries to head butt the boulder robots.  Boss battle was exactly what you would expect.

Storm fly away and destroy your record pace Eagle - Wow! Just that last turret hit at the very end to jolt you back into reality that a human is playing.  And just the couple of missed shots on the boss that the runner admits himself.

Flame the most devastating thing about me is the stupid conveyor belt Mammoth - The whole damn thing is Robosexually fantastic!

Spark start things off with the gay light and dance show Mandrill - Another hot and steamy level.  The boss goes down hard too.  Just a moment of delay with one of the ice shots mid-fight.

Armored invincible rolling time sucking gemini man laser attack ripoff Armadildo - Clean level, he even sails through the halls with a lot of spots where you can accidentally hit a wall and slide down or clip an enemy.  And he got the good boss pattern where Armadildo opens up immediately.

Launch awesome fight intro when you enter my room Octopussy - Gets hit by a couple of male, pregnant seahorses, then smokes the rest of the level like medically prescribed weed.  My heart can't take suspenseful shit like that boss fight Tiki.  Knock it off!

Sigma the 1st - Superb start through the Vile fight.  Then the runner disrespects Zero's sacrifice with a roll shot and then dashes over his remains.  Boomer falls victim to the Shinkuu Missledouken.  The Spider was being a real ass, but the runner remained focused and delivered.

Sigma the 2nd - All things considered, clean.  Just lost time to Chill Penguin doin' the big sexy.

Sigma the 3rd - The botched invincibility from Armadillo to Chameleon was improv at it's finest.  Bravo.  The D-Rex fight was off, maybe the low point of the run, but he sure was keeping his face in the air for a lot of the fight.  IIRC that isn't normal.

Sigma the Final - He raped Sigma's dog, which is wrong on so many levels.  But this is SDA, so maybe it isn't that bad after all.  The runner then destroys Darth Vader with ease.  The only standing in the way of victory is the ED-209.  Given the random nature of the platforms, the fight goes well for a new record time.This run finishes while the old run is just starting the Final form fight.

Verdict: This run makes Dr. Light's soul happy.

Quote:
In response to Tiki's out of character comments, I'll change things up as well with a short verification verdict.

Just publish the damn thing.

Quote:
Quality (Capture)
There’s some slight fuzziness around X and other things at some points. I’m assuming this is because of a bad DVD Recorder. When played in VLC, it looks totally different.

Quality (Gameplay)
When I make comparisons, I’m staring the two runs from the same point.

Intro stage
Kills the Bee Blader and the Road Attackers faster.
The ship is in a better position for Vile to come out. In the old run, the ship had to scroll for a while to get Vile into the right drop position, while in this one, it’s almost in the exact correct place as soon as the second car is destroyed.

Chilly Penguin:
I find it kind of amusing that Frezy crashes into a rabbit almost right away.
The runner doesn’t miss the third jump before the dash power-up multiple times like Frezy did in his old run.
Frezy’s boss fight went slightly faster.

Boomer Beetle:
(See what I did there? I pulled a Satoryu and translated “Kuwanger”)
There are no huge difference makers here, except that this new run’s tower climb and boss fight are slightly faster.

Sting Chameleon:
The old run of this is slightly faster because the new run’s dash through the rock cavern didn’t go as well. Sting Chameleon also started off in a more favorable position I think.
Wait, I just noticed after all these years that his weapon is his name, but with the animal part placed before his title. I must investigate later if there are other cases like this.

Storm Beagle:
The runs of the stage portion actually finish up in the exact same spots. But Storm Eagle dies quicker in the new run thanks to him being more cooperative.

Flaming Mammoth:
Slightly faster stage portion again, but the boss fight for the old run is slightly faster this time.

Spark Mandriller:
The new run manages to grain quite a bit of ground because Frezy failed to handle the mid-boss as well, getting trapped in the gel that it shoots out.
The new run also has better luck with the boss, because he jumped and changed like crazy in the old one.

Armored Armadildo:
This one is quite interesting. Frezy manages to get ahead this time because the runner seems to sputter on his dashing in the tunnels, but the boss is killed at the exact same time because he stops rolling right away in the new run, allowing the armor to be zapped off much earlier than in Frezy’s run.

Lunch Octopus:
Though the runner gets ahead on the stage (Frezy’s two sub fights sucked), Launch Octopus behaves like a total dick and almost kills him, but they still finish at the same time. It’s pretty much Armored Armadillo’s stage again, but with the stage/boss portions switched.

Sigma 1:
Wow. This is where the runner just totally blasts ahead of Frezy’s run and doesn’t look back. Climbing into the base, the battle with Vile, the enemy dodging, and the spider boss fight all go way better.
For that glitch where you stay off the floor and jump into the door to skip that cutscene, Frezy’s run has the dialogue before the fight play out once he gets to the imprisoned Zero and Vile, whereas this new run manages to avoid it somehow. Guess the glitch works in mysterious ways.

Sigma 2:
Ouch. The runner doesn’t look back, but hits some major speed bumps. Chill Penguin slides like crazy, Storm Eagle doesn’t behave as well, and the boss doesn’t go as fast as Frezy’s does either.

Sigma 3:
All five bosses here behave much better, and die quicker as a result. The Dino Tank even goes better than it did in Frezy’s run.

Sigma 4:
The runner actually falls behind in the wall climb before Sigma, but still manages to kill his dog faster. Darth Sigma goes slower, but both runs finish off Omega Sigma at the same time.

Timing
Mega Man first moves: 1215 (00:20.270)
Last part of Sigma’s health drains at: 122491 (34:03.560)

Overall time: 33:43.290

Importance
This runs blows away the Swede of Speed’s by 27 seconds through strong instances of both luck and skill. Though not everything was improved upon, the stuff that is is very impressive. I’ve also listened to the live audio commentary, and it’s interesting. There’s a disturbing part near the end where, after he defeats Sigma and sees his final time, I can’t tell if he’s masturbating or giving sighs of relief. I’m kind of scared to listen to it again for fear of what the truth might turn out to be. Despite that, I think this is an easy accept.

Quote:
I love tiki. I will bear his child if he does an 100% run

P.S. Your awesome possum fight sucked ;P

Quote:
This is probably the best speedrun i have ever seen on this game.

No cheats, and quality is good. Also i would love to see you try other megaman games.

Veredict: Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: Dickpenis Cockenstrudel
Thread title:  
Hi! I'm andrewg!
LOL
Quote from mikwuyma:
Reason: Dickpenis Cockenstrudel

The only words fitting for a verdict
Edit history:
Tiki: 2009-07-07 12:47:38 am
I don't even know what the fuck this is
gonna reply to verifier 3 because he gave me the most criticism:

Intro stage - the intro stage has absolutely nothing to do with luck except for MAYBE getting vile to land close to you, I get that ship position every time by doing exactly what I did here. That's not really a response to anything, I'm just letting everyone know, lol. Shooting Vile just before he captures you gives you about a 50% chance he'll land close, too.

Sting Chameleon - He actually starts out in a more favorable position in Frezy's run, since once you hit him the first time it takes less time to hit the second time. I think Frezy didn't know exactly how to handle it, though. Basically, there's no luck involved in this fight either.

Spark Mandrill - Again, this boss has nothing to do with luck... if you play him like I did, only better, you'll hit him every time, no matter what he does.

Armored Armadillo - I didn't get behind because of sputtering dashes -- that would make an extremely minimal difference -- I got behind because of bird lag and a bad jump off the cart. The bird lag, a result of bad luck, led directly to the bad jump. I didn't handle the birds as well as I should have, though.

Sigma 1 - you can't press any of the action buttons that would advance the dialog once you get to the upper platform in the airlock room. I used -> -> to dash. once you touch the ground in the next room, you can hit anything you want except start.

Sigma 4 - Yeah lol, the second form is pretty bad because I decided at the last minute to revert back to the old method, which I'm not entirely used to anymore.

peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeee. dickpenis cockenstrudel 4 lyfe
Visually Appealing
Quote:
Boomer Beetle:
(See what I did there? I pulled a Satoryu and translated “Kuwanger”)

what?
We all scream for Eyes Cream
I'm quoting this verifier

Quote:
Just publish the damn thing.

Because I wanna see it NOW
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
This run is awesome. I cannot understand how you possibly manage to keep your concentration when your parents keep talking to you Tiki. Sick multitasking imo and congrats on breaking the 34 minute barrier.
This is the best run.
Hope rides alone.
This run mustn't be published without Tikis live commentary, dare you! Otherwise this run is missing more then 50% of its entertainment!
its cold in here.
dickpenis cockenstrudel and neato mosquito are gonna star as mavericks in X9

Congrats Tiki
My DICKPENIS exploded with the intensity of 10,000 suns.
Tiki. I can pew pew faster than you, I WILL BET YOU ALL OF MY PIE AND 1/2 MY YOGURT.