Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-08-14 05:51:27 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManX3.html

Sattik 'Tiki' Ghosh's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio/video are alright kind of low quality. At times sound effects can not be heard for whatever reason.
I saw no cheating. This is a brave run no heart tanks and he comes close to dying so many times during the run. Most notable the neon tiger fight where he has 1 health chip or whatever you call it left but still manages to tough it out.

Good run, Accept.

Quote:
Verifier: hey man.. im SO torn on the MMX3 verification.. i ended up watching your low % just to compare.. and honestly, your run just had so much better execution
Verifier: the guy's planning was good, but it was really sloppy at times, missing shots on a few bosses and taking accidental damage quite a few times as well.. and on top of that, he himself admitted he didnt spend much time on it
Verifier: so i dunno what to say.. for me its a maybe, and im not leaning either way towards accept or reject
Verifier: oh
Verifier: yeah i guess that works as my comments, although i rewatched my run, i think im just going to say accept
Verifier: it wasnt as bad as i originally thought, and a couple of the instances i thought were bad were just really bad luck
Verifier: on another note, Bloodrayne 2 is the worst movie i have ever seen in my life..

Quote:
Quality (Capture)
As usual, the runner’s DVD Recorder seems to be ghetto, because I noticed that there are two files on the download page - one that plays normally, and the other labelled “Timing” with a massive sound de-sync. I guess we’ve got a frame dropper.

Quality (Gameplay)
The runner gets raped by Neon Tiger, both for health and time.
He uses a faster energy draining attack on Crush Crawfish, much like using a bunch of Frost Shields on Toxic Seahorse.
In a rather funny moment, after the dinosaur robot fight, the runner gets screwed over by a Triad Thunder that just decides to abort itself mid-deployment next to some enemies.
The Bit and Byte Super Mega Transformer goes really well.
At the start of the next stage though, he gets violated big time and is forced to look for health for a few seconds before the spike wall climb.
That wall climb is super sexy by the way, especially the last part.
Are Toxic Seahorse and Crush Crawfish immune to the Z-Sabre or something?
Everything else is fine.

Timing
Timing file:
3062 (00:51.084)
155554 (43:15.159)
Overall time: 42:24.075

Importance
This run improves on the 43:15 run by nearly a full minute, mostly due to the spike wall climb not getting screwed up, so it’s an obvious accept.

Quote:
Quality: Boring, but that's because X3 has about one enemy per two screens.

Well, my old run has finally been properly been improved, and I'm happy to say that Tiki has done a fine job impr...

...wait, what's this? How do you do that badly on the Neon Tiger midboss? I'm pretty sure I could do that fight with my feet and do better. Tongue

Oh and the screwup in Doppler 2? Hilarious, Tiki says it's because the energy drop screwed up his timing, but he should have been in mid-dash jump at that time so he's just making excuses for sucking. Nice speed healing at the bottom of the elevator. Tongue

Aside from those two fugly errors, this is a good run that uses all of the recent tricks, and I doubt it will be improved anytime soon simply because no one cares about X3, including me, the guy who originally ran the game.

Quote:
Verifier: i watched through mmx3
me: I saw what you told tiki
Verifier: audio seems fine, video too, with the usual verification copy limits
Verifier: there actually was something odd with neon tiger, but by watching it frame by frame i saw it was a quirk resulting from too much stress on my video card and the video displayed not at full framerate
Verifier: so from all i can tell it is legit, frame by frame
Verifier: and yeah, it is faster as the existing run
Verifier: also it is good, really good
Verifier: just boring, but that's because of the game and tiki said the same himself about running it
Verifier: so yeah, i'd say no brain needed. it has no formal flaws and beats an existing run, so shove it up the front page

Decision: Accept

Reason: At least it's better than Bloodrayne 2.

Oh yeah, this run replaces both my run and Chamness's run.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Tiki: 2010-08-14 06:19:24 pm
I don't even know what the fuck this is
everyone hates my run Sad was it really that bad? I thought it was almost as good as my X1 run. Also, I shouldn't have been in mid-dash jump when I got that energy pellet, that'd have resulted in my having to either dash jump over him to avoid a shot he'd shoot to the right or just dodge like I was going to anyway.
ZOMG, it's going to take some time to get used to these new forums.

Yeah Tiki, the run sucked major ass balls, but I accepted it anyways. You better be happy that I had watched Bloodrayne 2, because otherwise I don't think I would have accepted the run. I mean, comparing that run to Bloodraybe 2 is like comparing shit stains to roasted marshallows. Mmm.. marshmallows. God that movie was bad..
Also, what the FUCK Tiki, NORMAL comments this time??? What the fuck is wrong with you!?
contraddicted
Quote from Tiki:
everyone hates my run Sad was it really that bad? 

No, I even said it was really good. It's just boring because the game is like that and you can't do anything too fancy to change that.
eternalspirit: It'd be pretty cool if you gave me specific spots to improve, lol, besides the ones Mike mentioned obviously. Because I will go back to it eventually.
I'll watch the run again and let you know. The one that sticks out at me immediately is two misses in a row on Bit or Byte or whoever that tiny gold fucker is. Yeah, the two ice penises that he blocked. I'll let you know about the others when I see the run again.
You got a deletion wish?
I'll wait until this run is posted to see it but Mike needs to reclaim this!
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quote from MatrixTN:
I'll wait until this run is posted to see it but Mike needs to reclaim this!

No I don't.
spread the dirt to the populace
nobody needs to reclaim X3
Is PJ
Quote from Josh the Funkdoc:
nobody needs to reclaim X3

This.
I'll tell you what needs reclaiming... URMOM needs to reclaim my COCK INSIDE OF HER VAGINA
Not a Zelda 2 refrence
Just watched the run, and in the commentary he mentions he uses turbo, and you can hear his button presses in the video so that seems to be the case. Is that just a secret game setting or is there an exception for this game?
1-Up!
Tiki doesn't actually use turbo.  It's sort of a running joke because people often accuse him of cheating.  He's legit, though.
Edit history:
error1: 2010-12-13 10:20:31 pm
Not a Zelda 2 refrence
ok cool, it's what I figured, he trolled me
Fucking Weeaboo
tiki trolls everybody with his...well, you know. Tongue
from red to blue
fuck
Mel Gibson doesn't give a fuck if you get raped by ******* (am I allowed to say this word?).

Fucking priceless.
trololololol
spread the dirt to the populace
Quote from Tiki:
trololololol

this post sucks major ass balls - eternalspirit
Edit history:
ApolloFTW: 2011-08-29 11:47:16 pm
ApolloFTW: 2011-08-29 10:54:12 pm
ApolloFTW: 2011-08-29 10:53:29 pm
Lest We Forget
This Speedrun of Megaman X3 I watched claims to be "legit" with no cheating, can you verrify it for me (summited or not).
Link:
Edit history:
Eternalspirit: 2011-08-29 11:48:59 pm
Eternalspirit: 2011-08-29 11:30:01 pm
Eternalspirit: 2011-08-29 11:27:24 pm
Omgomgomgomgomg THREAD NECRO!!!

*watches posted vid*

So I've only watched about 11 minutes of it, but this is either a fucking terrible TAS, or a really good speed run.

I noticed some lag that would only appear on an emulator if your computer was made before 1832. However, there are some sounds that aren't played (namely boss doors opening that commonly occurs while charging a weapon) that are common emulator problems as far as I know, as well as some graphical inconsistencies (Bit and Byte just appearing out of nowhere, and most notably, after killing Rhino mini boss, he seems to teleport close to the right side of the screen). I'll update more as I watch more.

Yeah, I just watched the Rhino mini boss dying again without full screen, and it would be really hard to reconcile why X just teleports to the right side of the screen after the boss dies.

Yeahhh.. there's just way too much console lag for me to believe this is anything other than a legit run. I imagine the sound issues are not unique to emulators, and the video issues can likely be chalked up to recording hiccups. Otherwise.. I don't think you can actually simulate the console lag, unless you're using a really crappy computer.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's an emulated run. Either way, I'm working on a sub-41.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-08-30 12:42:58 am
UraniumAnchor: 2011-08-30 12:42:51 am
Not a walrus
It's 256x224 resolution and goes all the way to the edges (no black borders like you would see on an actual SNES capture). Emulated for sure. Might not be cheated, but definitely emulated.