--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Marcus 'Preddy' Göhlert's run

Verifier Responses

Note: The segment 7 sound problem has since been fixed.

Quote:
Sorry it taking long to make write up, I wasn't sure if I go with Accept or Reject because of sound problem on segment #7.

The video quality is good, sound quality is good except segment #7 (completely silent), all glitch and trick is known (no cheat device used).

For timing:
End - Exactly when Sunstar says "Leave Now!" and arrow-down disappear (s10 - 17:42)

I'll go over pro and con, think of them as highlight to accept/reject decision:

Segment 1 - Nepture
+Taking hit to go thru steam quickly.
+Took risk to jump to long ladder without waiting for steam to go away.
-In beginning a lot stalling time

Segment 2 - Mercury
+Constantly moving pretty fast
+"Snapback" trick, it's hard to pull off on handheld/console - I'm impressed.

Segment 3 - Mars
+Jumped over turtle, wow. It was needed to be frame-perfect to perform that.
-Second miniboss a little too slow.

Segment 4 - Venus
+Boss fight done pretty well.

Segment 5 - Dark Moon
+Dark Moon killed very fast, I'm pretty impressed.

Segment 6 - Pluto
-Gotten hit by falling metal beam, shouldn't move =/

Segment 7 - Jupiter
+Break Dash to speed thru and skip enemies
-No sound?

Segment 8 - Saturn
Everthing looks acceptable, nothing amazing or bad.

Segment 9 - Uranus
+Entire level was well executed, I agree with level routes up to now.

Segment 10 - Terra + Wily + Sunstar
+Well executed for most part of level
-First arm boss was done a little slow (could be done in 3 round - it was done in 4 round instead), PreddY already noted that.

Decision: It was good, not super impressed or anything but I think it did meet SDA standard at least. Accept (if no sound in segment 7 isn't a problem).

I don't know what went wrong with segment 7 if it was encoding problem or PreddY forget to record sound, I was told sound was fixed and reuploaded - it still didn't have sound in my VLC v0.9.8a.

Quote:
There didn't appear to be any cheating in the run.

The jupiter stage, segment 7, had no sound.

Overall the play was good, but not really spectacular. Especially being a segmented run, a few of the stages, like Mercury or Jupiter could have been a bit more polished, but the play was good to the point of being fun to watch. The Uranus stage in particular was very well done. The stage choices and routes looked good to me in terms of speed.

I would accept.

Quote:
well in that case here are my updated comments:

I will not comment too much about specifics of the run because the runners comments are comprehensive and accurate. Lets just say he kicks ass and takes names throughout the run making all the other robots Mega Man's bitch. Especially impressive was the Uranus stage which is flawless.

In general the runner used excellent route/enemy planning, executed very well during platforming and boss fights, and successfully used tricks/glitches to his advantage several times. His mistakes were minimal and did not waste a lot of time.

No cheating. The audio/video quality was good.

I vote approve.

Quote:
Looked at each part separately, sound and video are fine in each one from start to end.  Nothing that looks like cheating as far as I know.  Passwords between stages match up.

Nice use of tricks to speed things up.  I really didn't think the lag was that horrible, but from the comments, it seemed to mess him up some, but the run still came out quite well.  I never attempted to speedrun this game, so if it's as difficult in certain sections, then I believe you.

Really awesome boss fights when they came up as most went down pretty damn quick.  I loved the use of Break Dash to make yourself invincible. 

The Jupiter stage looked bad due to lag, but there is nothing you can really do, but as I see you did try and reduce it as much as possible.  Although, I think he could have used the Break Dash trick once more and also tank his way a little more in that stage instead of waiting like he did.  Towards the end there with the multiple sparkmen, seemed he could have jumped them without getting pushed into the pit.  That's just me though.

Excellent work in the Wily Star going through that place pretty fast.  Bosses went down fast and that sucks about the S-tank near the end there.  I was wondering why you were changing weapons for the refills if the tank was going to come up, but I didn't know it was random Sad

Nice glitch for the Wily tank and skipping a fight to boot. 

On Sunstar, I remember his weakness being the Spark Chaser and I could have sworn that was faster.

All in all, pretty good run even while dealing with lag with not too many mistakes. 

--ACCEPT--

Decision: Accept

Reason: All of the verifiers liked the run, even though it might not be the most optimized run.
Thread title:  
Hope rides alone.
Wow, 4 verifiers! thanks for the responses dudes!

I noticed the Segment 7 sound problem myself while doing the audio, but Nate uploaded a fixed Segment 7 inbetween, so maybe he was aware of this himself.

I must admit there was some kind of learning curve during running with its climax in Uranus' stage, but all segments are fast in a way I am confident with them.

Quote:
+Taking hit to go thru steam quickly.
+Took risk to jump to long ladder without waiting for steam to go away.
-In beginning a lot stalling time

my goals in Neptune were to take both steam hits properly and to get rid of the copters in a good way and to get that risky jump to the long ladder. but what you mean by stalling time in the beginning? I suppose you mean the above of the submarine...but I explained the pause there.

Quote:
Segment 2 - Mercury
+Constantly moving pretty fast
+"Snapback" trick, it's hard to pull off on handheld/console - I'm impressed.

Oh, thanks ventuz Smiley
Backsnapping is nice, yeah. In a TAS, you are constantly using it, right?

Quote:
Segment 3 - Mars
+Jumped over turtle, wow. It was needed to be frame-perfect to perform that.
-Second miniboss a little too slow.

Wow, really frame-exact? Didnt know about that...if thats the case, I am impressed myself Wink
Hows the second miniboss a little slow? It isnt possible to kill it before the 2nd set of platforms, right?

Quote:
Segment 4 - Venus
+Boss fight done pretty well.

No comments on my strategies on the various screens? Come on, ventuz, gimme something Wink

Quote:
Segment 5 - Dark Moon
+Dark Moon killed very fast, I'm pretty impressed.

I admit, I was evil enough to completely copy the timing of your MMV test TAS! Cheesy

Quote:
Segment 6 - Pluto
-Gotten hit by falling metal beam, shouldn't move =/

Yes. Bad. But 1/10 ~ 1/20 for HP refill of Protoman = acceptable.

Quote:
Segment 8 - Saturn
Everthing looks acceptable, nothing amazing or bad.

I liked it pretty well, although it may not look amazing, especially the VE on that first bully enemy I found amazing Smiley

Quote:
Decision: It was good, not super impressed or anything but I think it did meet SDA standard at least. Accept (if no sound in segment 7 isn't a problem).

So, what couldve been done better to impress you as a TASer?

Quote:
Overall the play was good, but not really spectacular.

Explain please.

Quote:
Especially being a segmented run, a few of the stages, like Mercury or Jupiter could have been a bit more polished, [...]

Explain please.

Quote:
I will not comment too much about specifics of the run because the runners comments are comprehensive and accurate. Lets just say he kicks ass and takes names throughout the run making all the other robots Mega Man's bitch. Especially impressive was the Uranus stage which is flawless.

In general the runner used excellent route/enemy planning, executed very well during platforming and boss fights, and successfully used tricks/glitches to his advantage several times. His mistakes were minimal and did not waste a lot of time.

Thank you very much! Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Nice use of tricks to speed things up.  I really didn't think the lag was that horrible, but from the comments, it seemed to mess him up some, but the run still came out quite well.  I never attempted to speedrun this game, so if it's as difficult in certain sections, then I believe you.

Try it for yourself, lag can pretty much screw you Smiley Lag is not that horrible, but it could drop you into a pit without the players fault, which I think is bad enough.

Quote:
Really awesome boss fights when they came up as most went down pretty damn quick.  I loved the use of Break Dash to make yourself invincible. 

Thanks, ventuz really squeezed out many tricks of the engine.

Quote:
The Jupiter stage looked bad due to lag, but there is nothing you can really do, but as I see you did try and reduce it as much as possible.  Although, I think he could have used the Break Dash trick once more and also tank his way a little more in that stage instead of waiting like he did.  Towards the end there with the multiple sparkmen, seemed he could have jumped them without getting pushed into the pit.  That's just me though.

Where could I have used PL again? Crashing into the last Elec chargers is very likely to drop you into the pit during test runs, not to say I never made it Smiley

Quote:
Excellent work in the Wily Star going through that place pretty fast.  Bosses went down fast and that sucks about the S-tank near the end there.  I was wondering why you were changing weapons for the refills if the tank was going to come up, but I didn't know it was random Sad

Yes, I dont know the percentage there but even with 50% or 70% for S tank not getting it then could pretty much end the run if I wouldnt collect the refills before.

Quote:
On Sunstar, I remember his weakness being the Spark Chaser and I could have sworn that was faster.

It does 1 damage if I am correct.

Quote:
Reason: All of the verifiers liked the run, even though it might not be the most optimized run.

Hm, honestly I thought and still think that its pretty optimized and there is little room for improvement, but verifiers could always have a different point of view.
Null
Quote from PreddY:
So, what couldve been done better to impress you as a TASer?

Improvement on all negative parts I posted about at minimum could impresses me  Wink