1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaMan3.html

Michael 'MegaDestructor9' Dickson's single-segment run.

Quote:
Hi Mike,
MD9's run is super fucking duper, there's no question about that. I kinda hate the AC, it's like easy mode, but that's really another issue. Very, VERY few errors and I popped several boners throughout the run. Excited to see this go up.

Quote:

Verifier: mm3 ac version is done rather well; the route follows the NES determined one. With good use of weapons to speed up the level since there is no time for weapon swap. He uses it all well there are some instances where the runner is too familiar with dropping a boss earlier... and pays for it. There probably isn't much for errors that I saw within the run; can be done a little tighter....
Verifier: Breaking into the whole thing, its a big accept, it works, its quick and it goes forward without stopping. Abuses teh glitches to their extent and just pounds the game.

Quote:
AV Quality: Good

Impressive: Yes, quite. This is a very enjoyable run to watch because of the differences between Anniversery Collection (AC) and NES console. The strong execution doesn't hurt either.

Cheating: Yes, lots  Smiley Well, not actual cheating but the runner exploits the features of AC to the max by using the built in rapid-fire, slide glitch, and weapon switching. These features are what allow for a much faster time that could be attained on the NES console.

Comments: No reason to do level by level comments since the runner's comments are thorough and accurate. The runner executes very well throughout and uses good route/strats with few minor mistakes here and there. My only question for the runner would be if it is faster to use Rush Coil earlier in Gemini Man's stage. I.e., switch to it a few seconds earlier and use it to get up to the next room. It seems like using it there would save a few seconds.

Verdict: Accept, its MD9 playing Mega Man what more could you ask for?

Quote:
The audio, video, and syncing are all fine, and there did not appear to be any cheating.

This was a fairly good run. There were a fair number of very minor mistakes that cost ~1 second or less. These were somewhat neutralized by the otherwise blistering pace of the runner. It seems like if the runner spent a few more attempts that a moderately faster time could be achieved...maybe 5-10 seconds at least.

Despite the flaws, its still a good run for a version that doesn't currently exist.

My recommendation is to accept this run.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's MegaDestructor9.
Thread title:  
destroy them with lazers
I can guess who the first verifier is  ;D. Well done on the run MD9