Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Comments:

Pump Man - Small jumping mistake before boss door (hit the ledge on the way up). Boss fight wasn't very good (missed at least one opportunity to clip the mega buster past the bubbles). I estimate this cost more than the 3 seconds the runner suggested.

Solar Man - What looked like a solid stage run was ruined by a bad boss fight. Whether it was bad luck or bad positioning, the bubbles getting blocked by the fireball cost at least 2-3 seconds.

Chill Man - Pretty flawless stage with an almost equally flawless boss fight aside from getting hit once that cost probably 1 second.

Nitro Man - Rush Coil used too early on first ladder, leading to hitting the ceiling. Rush Coil also appeared to be used too early on the third ladder, as he hit the ceiling again. The end of the traffic screen after that resulted in him not cleanly falling to the next screen. Last traffic screen.. funny bullet time effect there as he's riding on the truck! Basically perfect boss fight (runner claims he lost 2 seconds.. I'll defer to him on this one).

Commando Man - Ran into a wall at the end of the first screen. Good boss fight.

Blade Man - Tri-Castle was fine until the last turret was left. Bad luck on weapon energy capsules near the end of the stage. Boss was fine.

Strike Man - Would it not have been better to Rush Coil or Rush Jet to the head of the soccer net guy and then spam T. Blade to kill him? Might have saved a couple seconds on both mini-bosses. Using W. Cutter to climb the wall at the last ladder while falling down probably cost a second due to the reduced initial upward velocity. Might have been better to get to the end of the screen before doing it. The screen immediately after, he nicks the wall while going up, and that may have caused him to get hit by the stray bullet. Boss was perfect.

Sheep Man - Basically perfect. Was the jump at the end of the boss really necessary? Would have prevented getting hit and saved half a second or so.

Wily 1 - I call hacks on Wily Archives 1. And Wily Archives 2. Excellent recovery on Wily Archives 3 with the T. Wool. Perfect stage. It easily challenges fot highlight of the run.

Wily 2 - There was what looked like a missed jump to the ladder, 2 screens before the first mini-boss. I feel like the mini-boss itself didn't go as well as it could have (perhaps use the M-Tank earlier in the stage to have full T-Blade before that boss so you can kill off the one bird with one Rush Coil?). Missed the single shot kill on the lightbulb mini-boss. Bad luck on the boss.

Wily 3 - Botched the Rush Coil trick near the end. Always love seeing <insert name here> Devil go down in one cycle.

Boss Refights - Blade Man was slow. Chill Man was a disaster. Bad pattern on Nitro Man. Probably a second slow on Pump Man. Slow Commando Man and botched jump to the last teleporter. Bad luck on Sheep Man. Botched jump to Wily teleporter. Slight screw up on Wily 1.

Wily 4 - Missed the 2 cycle kill on Wily.

The only real blemishes on this run are Pump Man 1, Solar Man 1, Wily 2 boss, Chill Man 2, missing the Rush Coil trick, and the missed 2 cycle on final Wily. The runner very obviously knows this game in and out, and a lot of practice clearly went into this run. The runner definitely gave the impression that he knew what he was doing and prepared very well for it, and generally had a lot of confidence in what he was doing. I give this the green light.

tldr: ACCEPT. NAO!

Quote:
Comments
Audio: good
Video: good
Cheating:  none

Pump man: not a bad level, everything seemed to work out well for him...couple hits on the boss which lost him a little bit of time but lets see how the rest of the run goes
Solar man:  the one laser plant messed with you a bit, not much but the two bird fight was awesome and the boss fights wasn’t bad either...just got unlucky that he had jumped away.
Chill man: level went amazing i had no problems with how everything went...it sucks that chill man basically jumped on you for that last hit you were trying to get him with
Nitro man:  againg another level that worked out most likly the way you wanted to, i find it pretty weird how the other verifyer can say about how you didn’t get the r coil trick bang on the save miliseconds lol :s
Commando man:  gathering the health sucked, but there isn’t much you can do about that, its not worth restarting your run yet concidering everything is working out well
Blade man: castle fight=awesome. Again the power energy sucks.  The last 2 hits on the boss were awesome..its good that he just sits there, clean level i might add.
Strike man: first off i wanna say that this is the worst mega man boss in the history of mega man... the level itself is even more stupid (worst idea for a mega man game).  Now that, that is over with. Other than that random bullet hitting you which you could clearly see coming :p there isn’t anything wrong with this level/boss im so glad to see this level and boss get destroyed cause i hate them o so very much.
Sheep man:  if i was 5 i would have found the concept of a sheep robot cool.  Awesome! Everything went great.
Wily 1:  lets just say mega man 1-9 didn’t stand any type of chance
Wily 2:  the only time you stopped moving forward was when the level wouldn’t let you, so i dont see how this couldn’t have gone well
Wily 3:  sucks you didn’t get the second elevator r coil jump, i thought it was really cool how you timed the shots for the boss.
Re boss battles: chill man just hurts my eyes in comparison to how well you did before
Wily: first cycle of hits kinda sucks but overall went well
Conclusion: i dont think a great deal of time can be saved here with this run, everything seemed to have been planned very well and in a way where its best for time savers so i say good job!
My time: 00:23:03
Decision: lets ask ricky “my brain is always tellin me my own thinkers and my thinkings think” ACCEPT!

Quote:
audio/video: good
cheating: none

Pump Man: loved the stage boss battle was a little rough but you turned it up in the end

Solar Man: the birds got destroyed the lvl was ok except for that one spot near the end but shit happens and boss battle looked nearly perfect

Chill Man: lvl was ausome chill man himself was a bitch and sucks about the item switching

Nitro Man: lvl wow boss wow lol really good

Commando Man:  i didnt see you stop moving throughout the lvl and the boss got owned as so he should.... (meeee)

Blade Man: the castle guys blew my mind how fast you beat them and i loved the victory r coil it was great lvl went pretty smooth and the boss battle looked like it went even better

Strike Man: lvl was good it does hurt you about that hit in the end but no ones perfect and the boss battle went great

Sheep Man: the lightbulb didnt have a chance dead so fast why even put him in the game and the use of r coil and r jet at the end was fantastic and the boss well you skinned him alive

Wily Stage 1: words cannot deascribe how good you did this stage great job

Wily Stage 2: rematch with birds was good but i feel could have gone better, bulb guy was a little slower but got the job done the lvl again was great and crab puncher screwed you over a bit but he got his in the end

Wily Stage 3: really smooth lvl except for the spike trick near the end which i know can be gay atleast for me it is but you made up for it when block devil got destroyed

Wily Stage 4: the 8 bosses were good except mainly for chill man he gave you a hard time and speaking of which you problably lost more time then you wanted to because of that, and wily forms 1 and 2 went great except for that hit you took from those things that come out of his mouth, overall though i loved the sequence you had to destroy him

Wily Stage 5: stage went smooth as butter for being the last stage in the game very confident its too bad though that wily got that stupid move that is really lengthy in time before you could kill him but i think he worked for you really good

ACCEPT there is room for improvement but this run set the standard pretty high

Quote:
Video and audio are acceptable. Can't spy any signs of cheating.

Pump -- I'm watching this run side by side with Tiki's 23:00 run to compare. It's still tough to tell whether the top or bottom route is better. This run beats Tiki to Pump Man, but Tiki wasn't optimal. When taking the hit from the shrimp, it would help a tiny bit to turn around so you get knocked to the right. Aside from that the stage is performed very well. The boss fight is pretty good, but he did choke a bit at the end, costing a second or two.

Solar -- Had some pretty nice luck on Suzak and Fenix; he was close to the door when he killed the second one. Got hit by Changkeys before the last vertical part. Had to use a third Water Shield on Solar Man.

Chill -- The stage is great. The boss fight not so much. He delayed a couple times, missed 2 or 3 shots. Chill Man's a douchbag, though, so I don't blame him.

Nitro -- Again, the stage was great. So was the boss fight, albeit not optimal. It's possible to kill Nitro Man before he throws Wheel Cutters. Maybe costs 2 seconds, but saves one hell of a headache. I agree with going conservative in that case.

Commando -- Overall very solid. Only real mistake was running into a wall.

Blade -- There was a small delay on Tri Castle, and he missed two double hits on Blade Man. But my biggest irk on that stage was the reckless use of weapons during downtime. He ended up using two Commando Bombs because of that. He's lucky that didn't come back to bite him in the ass later.

Strike -- Got bad luck on both Keepers. And that stray bullet toward the end sucked. But he did kill Strike Man before he rolled. And I really like some of his weapon use throughout the stage.

Sheep -- Everything's very nice.

Wily 1 -- Overall this stage went very well. I was impressed with the early Rebound Striker hitting Napalm Man. Only hangup was aiming the wrong way for Tornado Man.

BITCH -- Missing that one jump before Suzak and Fenix didn't really matter as the first pistons were in the right position. He didn't kill the light bulb with one Commando Bomb, which is probably what screwed up the second set of pistons. And the crab did the slow bubbles attack. But that was smart using Solar Blaze to hit through the bottom claw.

Wily 3 -- I really liked the way he killed the first Sniper Joe in the level. He messed up on the Rush Coil shortcut on the second elevator. In a future run, that's going to have to be a requirement. Slight delay on the Block Devil. Nothing to worry about.

Wily 4 -- Solar was good. He missed 3 double hits on Blade this time. Choked hard on Chill Man. On Nitro Man, he didn't get the full damage from Chill Spike while Nitro was standing still. But that is tricky to do, and the fight was still pretty quick. Strike was perfect. Pump was being very generous. Commando was good. Messed up a bit on Sheep, but still took him down fast. Pirate ship was pretty good. On the second form, he doesn't pause cancel to Water Shield. If you do that, and activate WS early enough, it's possible to hit Wily with it 3 times in one jump. So an optimal fight would take four WSes. He needed 5 here.

DOUBLEBITCH -- The fight can be done in 2 rounds. He had the pattern in this run, but missed a few hits, got hurt once, and fuddled around with weapon switching for a bit. That forced 2 extra rounds, making him lose about 10 seconds. The most unfortunate choke in the run. Seeing that he was one hit away from the kill during the final round is most disheartening.

The runner knows the game pretty damn well. It seems like the big obstacles he has to overcome are the RNG and his own jitters. It's those few slipups, or rather Tiki not making those slipups, that allowed him to beat this run by 3 seconds. The difference there is that while Tiki nailed a lot of the tricky stuff, he made little mistakes throughout the course of the run that added up over time. And he doesn't buy an M Tank, which I'm on the fence about getting honestly. If a future run were to combine the strengths of these runs, we're looking at something like a 22:45. But until that day comes, this run I feel is good enough to be accepted on the site, for while the bad parts are a shame, the rest of it is very solid and will be tough to beat.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Finally we get a good run of Mega Man 10!

Congratulations to Russell 'duckfist' Wright!
Thread title:  
Congratulations to duckfist! This was indeed a run worthy of this site.
I don't even know what the fuck this is
Too bad he didn't record the 22:54 Sad
Congrats, Duckfist! Now submit a better one. I think you and Tiki both have beaten this one Tongue
Just checking up on the status of this submission, anybody know?
We're up to July verifications on the front page, so it shouldn't be too much longer I hope.
Verifier 1 is a fucking moron. He managed to misspell "for".
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
As a wise admin on the site told me when I asked this question, "It will be ready when it's ready.  Please be patient."

I forgot who that person was, but all the same, I share in the same interest; can't wait to see MM10 on the site to clear up MM-Type games for a while...
Edit history:
Axel Ryman: 2011-12-31 04:29:30 pm
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Considering the marathon is coming up, I wouldn't expect any currently accepted runs being put up for another month.
Actually, the SM64 run that just got put up was both submitted and verified almost two months later than this run, and it's not the only run that was submitted and verified at least a month later that's already hit the front page... so the question is then "what's holding this run back compared to other runs?"
Could just be the runner not being able to provide final copies of the run or w/e for nate? Iono.. something obv. is holding it up, what it is, only nate and Flip likely know.. and probably the runner too.
Edit history:
Miles: 2012-01-01 11:20:38 pm
The 120 star SM64 run went up because it was with the 70 star run, which was verified in July.
I encoded the run myself, and that was used for verification.  Comments were provided at this time as well.  However, I only sent in the commentary track recently.  I guess when each run is submitted, it's placed in a queue, and the runs before mine have a lot of overhead in order be placed on the site, such as needing encoding or something.

Other than encoding and verification, what needs to be done?  I guess an upload to archive.org and setting up the game page, which is a simple document with a picture of the game, introduction text, video embed, and then the comments that I wrote.
Claimh Happy
At this point, the largest holdup seems to be the queue you mentioned. Runs that are "ready for publication" (I forget what this means, since it's not quite what it sounds like) first get posted first, except when they can do "themes" like in the case Miles mentioned, where they bumped up the 120 star to go with the 70 star. Other than that, I can't really be more specific since every time I've seen someone ask if something is the cause of the delay, the response has been "no". Even when it was just confirming the information that we were told the last time someone asked.

Well, the gist of the matter is that you shouldn't bother waiting for it. There's nothing more you can do to speed this up and it probably won't happen any time soon. Let it come as a pleasant surprise some time in March.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Just wanted to stop by and say great job Duckfist, I really enjoyed the run and your commentary was great. I know you have beaten this run, but this was certainly a great way to break in as an SDA published runner. I look forward to the improvement Smiley