Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: https://speeddemosarchive.com/MechWarrior2.html

MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat () (pc) [Any %] [Individual Level] [Campaign: Jade Falcon]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'PROX'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat () (pc) [Any %] [Individual Level] [Campaign: Jade Falcon]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/MechWarrior2-20221105/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Just an FYI that each level is from both campaigns. Trial 2 is Jade Falcon and Trial 3 is Wolf. I felt it would be redundant to make 2 separate threads lol
Wolf Trial 3 from 1:06 to 1:03
Jade Trial 2 from 0:50 to 0:48

Were these two something you felt particularly displeased with or just what you happened to be able to improve on?

A/V good. No signs of cheating. Just two new WRs due to better strats.

accept
Edit history:
PROX: 2022-11-20 03:22:41 pm
Quote from LotBlind:
Wolf Trial 3 from 1:06 to 1:03
Jade Trial 2 from 0:50 to 0:48

Were these two something you felt particularly displeased with or just what you happened to be able to improve on?

A/V good. No signs of cheating. Just two new WRs due to better strats.

accept

Trial 2 on Jade Falcon wasn't the WR at the time, but I wanted to either tie or beat it. Once I found out I could go faster, I ended up grinding for the headshot.

Trial 3 on Wolf had a really fast time due to an overburning exploit. Someone managed to get 1:04 by using this, but we didn't count the time because it could only be done on certain older machines. I managed to beat it with the shutdown strat and with the mech layout.

Only mission I don't have the WR in is Silent Thunder, and that mission is a nightmare to run. that's gonna take a lot more time.
Nice strat optimizations and accompanying execution. The run comments for Trial 2 seem to refer to a previous iteration. Could be worth updating (especially if something else has changed since 0:49 was the time to aim for)? Other than that, two big thumbs up, one for each improvement.

Accept
Edit history:
PROX: 2022-11-26 10:00:51 pm
PROX: 2022-11-26 09:27:22 pm
Quote from ktwo:
Nice strat optimizations and accompanying execution. The run comments for Trial 2 seem to refer to a previous iteration. Could be worth updating (especially if something else has changed since 0:49 was the time to aim for)? Other than that, two big thumbs up, one for each improvement.

Accept

Trial 2's text comments were updated. 0:49 was the former WR. My last PB was 0:50 before finally getting 0:48 and beating it. I found out after getting 0:49 during my grind that the time could still be optimized, so it was a matter of grinding the early headshot to eventually get 0:48. It was a long grind to say the least.

EDIT: fixed some wording, so there's less confusion
Decision posted.