Quote:
Verifier: "He's a robot......Max is a goddamn robot!"
Verifier: Accepted Smiley

Quote:
verifier: i could do my usual crude acceptance
verifier: like it made my balls melt
PJ: that sounds painful
me: that's a solid verification there

There was another verifier who responded, but I lost his comments and he basically just said accept anyway.

Decision: Accept

Reason: I'm pretty sure ridd3r would win against Max Payne in a firefight at this point.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
ridd3r.: 2010-10-11 09:47:38 am
we have lift off
Thanks for verifying! I'd like to thank the verifiers for the consistently quick responses for all my Max Payne runs. There won't be any more in the forseeable future (at least not from me).

Also this has to be the shortest set of verification notes ever, but I'm going to view that as a good thing, since it probably means the verifiers didn't spot any potential improvements. Speaking of improvements, out of bounds is not an option in MP (though you can get OoB) since the game just kills you. The only significant thing I can think of for a future run would be in p1c7, get to Gognitti early then get him to somehow go to 'take damage' mode without having to go round the normal way; could save 60s or so. I'v tried everything I could think of though so it may not be possible.

Sub 1 hour for DoA doesn't look feasible unless you combine an incredible run with the new p1c8 skip (which you only get 1 shot at otherwise you die). The two new finds in pro1 and 2 save 15s but that's all, so if you don't do the 40s p1c8 skip you would need to find 50+ seconds from somewhere. A segmented DoA run would basically just be like this NYM run but with much easier movement and harder health management (so pointless in my opinion). Anyway those are my thoughts, I look forward to this going up on SDA!