List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MaxPayne2.html

IL improvements

Verifier Responses

Quote:
There's no problems with video, audio, syncing, or cheating.

All the ILs are solid improvements with every conceivable trick used to increase movement speed and no significant errors.

Recommendation: Accept

Quote:
I have a question about the jumping movement method used. It seems to be used inexplicably intermittently. There are some instances where it makes no difference, when the timer goes to virtually zero anyway through killing. However, there are sections of running that are of decent length:

p1c1 - 1:07 until about 1:20, then 1:28-1:33, there seem to be a lot of opportunities missed there.
p1c5 - 0:05-0:10, 0:24-0:27, 1:05-1:16

There are some other sections of less significant length. Now, based on the fact he gains about 0.5s over dex in level 1, over about 10s of gameplay (and barring it being down to anything else, which looks doubtful) there's potentially seconds being lost overall. Anyway if someone could explain why it's not used constantly that would be helpful, though in either case all the levels are significant improvements.

Quote:
I didn't see any cheating although I was disappointed that this wasn't a full run through.

accept these minor improvements

Verifier 2 got an explanation from the runner. He then accepted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: They're improvements to good runs.

Congratulations to 'sarou!'
Thread title: