1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MasterOfOrion2.html

Robert 'DrRob' D'Ascoli really long category name run that he improved.

Quote:
An impressive improvement over the first run.  I liked the usage of the time prior to selecting a name for the first star system to plan attack routes, etc. before the timing began.  The only thing I can think of that could yield improvements is better luck - and good luck getting it!  Thanks for keeping interest alive in this game.

Quote:
And so once a-gain my declaration a run can't possibly get any faster is totally wrong.

No audio or video problems, no visible cheating (hardly any visible anything). I'm not sure how he makes his race picks so quickly, but I'm confident it's legit - some kind of keyboard shortcut, or it uses the picks from the last game, etc. ADVICE: Defer to the man who plays a game 650 more times because 59 seconds just isn't short enough.

I'm not sure what to say here. It's a twenty second improvement on a one minute run. Please put it on the site before he finds a way to finish the game before he actually starts playing, and you have to reformat pages to allow negative times.

Quote:
Hi mikwuyma,

sorry for the late reply. I open speeddemosarchive.com almost everyday but never login. Wink

About the run: Amazing. As I mentioned in my first verification there was a bit room for improvement but that he was able to cut of 1/3 of the time. Incredible fast. Almost too fast to view in normal speed. Cheesy
How fast he typed the "T" key made me almost wonder if that's still a human playing. Wink

I saw nothing where he cheated, the video quality was very good as the sound too.
The cinematics in the end have a few errors but I can't remember whether that's a game bug or the recording. But as it's not the important thing about the run I think that can be ignored.
(If you want to check it out yourself: Frame 1737 and 1738, 1768 and 1769, 1847 and 1848 and a few more. :))
As mentioned above the speed is crazy. I don't think that there is any space left for improvement. His planning was great. (The long text written by him explains everything pretty well. Such a long text for such a short run. The reading takes 10x more than watching it. ;))

I somehow have the feeling that you gave him my verification text as he choosed "white" as his color to not have it on the enemy side and he choosed a tech that took a few more rounds to finish.
At first I thought that he had the technology screen in the end as he did in his first run but that was a stolen technology so he just got a bit unlucky there (cost him 0,720 seconds).

Timing:

Frame 369 to 1348 = 979 frames.
Or 14,760 sec to 53,920 sec = 39,160 seconds. (Mike's Note: I can confirm that this time is correct)

Verified for me. Smiley

Greetings,

Hugo123

Quote:
Video Quality: Superb!
Audio Quality: Great!

Gameplay Quality: If the runner would improve this run he would either be cheating or wouldn't be human.

The new run has small differences from previous run.

Race(Last run) - Telepathic/+2 industry/Rich home world/+50% attack/large home world, Feudal/Low G Home world
Race(This run) - Telepathic/+1 industry/Rich home world/+50% attack/Transdimensional, Feudal/Repulsive

He takes repulsive to avoid leader pop-up windows.
Although he loses production rate after choosing +1 industry at rate he skips turns it doesn't matter!

In this run runner observes the galaxy map before clicking ok to rename colony. Which is the trigger point of timing from what the SDA rules say. Observation saves a lot of time.

Runner no longer adds Battle Pods because they hardly make a difference in battles(more weapons although ships already do one hit kills).

The small ship dies only at the last battle when opponents has finally one chance to fire(You can only see that when going frame by frame)! Cheesy

Other than that nothing has changed. Except his moving and clicking skills if you would compare to the old run then there is no question about the humongous improvement. Plus the runner said the game was laggy in the old run. But this is... well... flawless...

Time: Trigger starts at 441 frame and ends 1653(Before End Movie starts) frame. A total of 1192 frames which in 30 fps is 39.332 seconds.

Room for improvement? Hell No!! Only a TAS could beat this time!! Approve this Master Speedrun!

Decision: Accept

Reason: Even though this run is no longer the shortest run on the site, it's still decent. Wink
Thread title:  
I normally don't keep defaults, but I do love SDA!
Did my 39.2 sec officially round down?  If not, i'll redo the StatID.

Is the Video recomp gonna be posted?  It was more of a goof anyway.

Replies and such:

Quote:
The only thing I can think of that could yield improvements is better luck - and good luck getting it

With "prefect" luck, I don't think I could shave more than 2-3 seconds off the run.  The only thing I could hope for would be a glitch where the comp only set up their homeworld with no other planets.  I haven't seen it after 2000 attempts, I don't' think I see it in my lifetime.

Quote:
And so once a-gain my declaration a run can't possibly get any faster is totally wrong.

I've said that myself plenty of times. 

Quote:
I'm not sure how he makes his race picks so quickly, but I'm confident it's legit - some kind of keyboard shortcut, or it uses the picks from the last game, etc. ADVICE: Defer to the man who plays a game 650 more times because 59 seconds just isn't short enough.

If you use the "Last Race" option, it defaults to the Last Race you picked with racial attributes (crazy I know).

The 650 attempts was becasue 45 seconds just wasn't short enough ( I wouldn't have bothered if the 3 second Clue run was posed before the new run, guess i'm glad I did it now.)

Quote:
How fast he typed the "T" key made me almost wonder if that's still a human playing.

I think that had to be be game lag or something.  That was the only time i've ever seen it go that fast.

Quote:
Please put it on the site before he finds a way to finish the game before he actually starts playing, and you have to reformat pages to allow negative times.

Isn't that like Googling "Google" at the Google homepage?  Smiley

[/quote]
I somehow have the feeling that you gave him my verification text as he choosed "white" as his color to not have it on the enemy side and he choosed a tech that took a few more rounds to finish.
At first I thought that he had the technology screen in the end as he did in his first run but that was a stolen technology so he just got a bit unlucky there (cost him 0,720 seconds).
[/quote]

Look for yourself from my previous verification (thanks by the way Smiley )

I get that stupid final tech screen on 1/2 my runs.

Quote:
The small ship dies only at the last battle when opponents has finally one chance to fire(You can only see that when going frame by frame)!

Dude.  You're Hardcore!

Quote:
Decision: Accept

Reason: Even though this run is no longer the shortest run on the site, it's still decent.

We know how I feel about the Clue run:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/forum/index.php/topic,9981.0.html

Angry
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I thought I already told you that 39 seconds is indeed the correct time (BTW, time always rounds down).
Well, honestly I was going for "fastest run at SDA that involves gameplay" but your time beats mine. Good job. I'll settle for "fastest run at SDA that involves gameplay and still makes sense to people who don't play it" once my new runs are up.
Quote from drrob:
Quote:
The small ship dies only at the last battle when opponents has finally one chance to fire(You can only see that when going frame by frame)!

Dude.  You're Hardcore!

No I'm not. You said in your comments that it always dies in the first battle...  Wink
I normally don't keep defaults, but I do love SDA!
Quote from kareshi:
Well, honestly I was going for "fastest run at SDA that involves gameplay" but your time beats mine. Good job. I'll settle for "fastest run at SDA that involves gameplay and still makes sense to people who don't play it" once my new runs are up.

Yeah, i'm stuck with "Fastest run at SDA that involves gameplay" Smiley

If you could get your N&S run to under 39 seconds, the title would be yours.  As I said in my notes, there is a maximum of 2 seconds that could be impoved with perfect luck, and i've wasted enough of my life on this game.  (Ok, waste is tough, spent is better)
Quote from Pendrokar:
Quote from drrob:
Quote:

Dude.  You're Hardcore!

No I'm not. You said in your comments that it always dies in the first battle...  Wink

I meant "as a general rule"  Check my bloopers reel to see how many times the little ship died.