Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: Too many deaths.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1284/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/mnroti/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 10, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
This is not exactly the type of game I'm the most familiar with, but I decided to start watching anyways. It seems like the runner knew what they were doing and had speed in mind. Some missed attacks, some blocked attacks, some hits takes etc, but I guess that's what you'll always get in this type of game. However, at around the 18 min mark, there is a death that cost 1 min 20 sec. I know I'm lazy, but I can't possibly see how it'll be possible to recover from such a time loss that early on, so I haven't watched the rest.

Reject
Reason: A death costing 80 seconds at around the 18 min mark. The gameplay leading up to that point was acceptable in my opinion (but not good enough to offset an 80 sec time loss). The runner has the potential to get something acceptable, but shouldn't have settled with this attempt. Continue playing and the time will come down even further.
Edit history:
Axel Ryman: 2014-10-02 12:44:57 am
We all scream for Eyes Cream
I'm going with ktwo on this one. There's a total of 6 deaths, 2 of which were on the final story mission. Or at least I think it was since after it said Meet Your Maker COMPLETE, the video ends. Regardless, those 6 deaths cost time for each one. 2 of the deaths were in normal stages where you go around beating up mooks with an objective in mind, and the other 4 were in boss fights. I'll give a brief thought on each death.

1st Death: Electra [Top of the World] - The runner was actually at the end of the stage when he died, granted the enemy placement was stupid, forcing the death via bottomless pit. This was a normal stage mission, where the runner had to beat up all the enemies before going to the end point.

2nd Death: Hazmat [Lethal Toxin] - This was just a curbstomp. The enemy Venom clearly had the runner beat on this fight alone, and unfortunately it shows. Granted the runner managed to beat him fairly easily on the 2nd try, this one should of just forced a reset.

3rd Death: Spider-Man [Airlift] - Another normal stage, this time it's a Protect Da Choppa mission. Chopper gets destroyed, simply put, after about 2 minutes 20 seconds into the stage. Now I'm not entirely sure if the mechanics work that way, but I believe this is the runners fault because he threw a car at the chopper, which weakened the car enough to explode, taking the chopper with it, though the runner did have a reason to throw it: tons of enemies flocking to the chopper to destroy it.

4th Death: Wolverine [Rage of the Beast] - Storm just trounces him.

5th and 6th Death: Paragon [Meet Your Maker] - Final mission and dies twice.

Decision: Reject
Reason: 6 unintentional deaths just make the run way too sloppy to be acceptable. The runner definitely needs to practice certain parts, especially the boss fights since there were a number of battles where the runner nearly lost.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
I also agree with said statements.  I watched the run with his commentary.  It's clear that he knows a lot about this game and is using multiple mechanics to save time in some pretty ingenious ways. 

But the issues:
First boss fight:  No deaths, true but he has a method to speed up the part of the boss throwing objects at him and he doesn't use 1 of the 3 times and loses time in a very simple way.
Top of the World: Beyond the death, you can instant kill basic enemies by shoving them off the roof into the pit.  The runner rarely makes an attempt to do this.  Seems like potential time wasted.  That wall ride seems like it just needs practice to be consistent.
Daredevil fight:  That fight could be faster.  Especially since there is a death pit that would instant kill the boss.  Practice that fight, try to find any consistent way to lure him into that pit.
6 deaths are just too sloppy, won't discuss in any further detail. 
Not only that, but there was time loss due to simply bad menu navigation and choosing the wrong options.  However, based on what I've seen, the runner should be able to practice some certain areas (especially the final mission) and get a run that is good enough.  For now, this is a reject from me.
Decision posted.