--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2022-08-16 02:51:45 pm
SDAVerification: 2022-08-12 02:47:08 pm
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarioKart64.html

Mario Kart 64 (ntscj/ntscus) (n64) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Large-skip glitches]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'kazn'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Mario Kart 64 (ntscj/ntscus) (n64) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Large skip-glitches]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/MarioKart64-20220803/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
The Great Farming Empire
A/V Quality - Good
No cheating I see here.

Whole run looks great. IT's the current WR according to SRC and I don't really see any obvious mistakes in the run.

Accept
Formerly known as Skullboy
A/V is fine though there are some notification sounds around 11:47-12:05 or so, along with numerous times during the post run footage. No cheating detected.

We don't have any SS categories for this game so this would be something new. As Sonikkustar pointed out, it is the WR according to SRC. The play is consistent throughout the runs. The runner starts off fast and keeps it up. The notes are helpful for explaining some things too.

Accept.
Edit history:
kazn: 2022-08-10 03:06:07 am
The end roll notification sound is by Streamlab.
I tried a lot of settings but couldn't separate the audio tracks.
I changed the alert sound to StreamElements, so I don't think the same thing will happen next time.

I also applied for Extra skips as a separate category.

Thank you Accept.
A/V: Well spotted above regarding the external sounds. I heard two or so of them around the 12 min mark. I think it would be very harsh to judge the whole run based on those beeps though. But good to hear that the issue is being addressed as I don't think anyone (SDA or not) wants to listen to beeps from the stream software mixing with the game sound. Otherwise, the A/V is good.

Gameplay: This category has been pushed so hard that anyone taking the record needs to produce a clean run (or find new major skips). There is still plenty of time to save, but I think that's more a testament to the difficulty of the run. Minor misalignments or bad RNG can lead to big time losses (and that seems to be valid for most races, from first to last).

Awesome run, congrats on the record!

ACCEPT
Decision posted.