1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Matan 'IsraeliRD' Weissman, Pascal 'Xelna' Lafrance, Remy 'Dushine' Dushime's IL runs

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Verifier: space slide seems to have a big video skip
Verifier: but I think it's not actually an encoding error but rather the screenshot lag glitch they abuse for that run
Verifier: which means that I'm not sure it is an acceptable video simply because part of it happens totally in the dark
Verifier: even if it's legit
me: screenshot lag glitch?
Verifier: basically, they lag the game slightly by taking a screen shot
Verifier: when triggering a mine
Verifier: so the marble moves further into the blast range due to the lag, and is thrown away at a higher speed
Verifier: it's about half a second of timer that is visually acting up, so to say
me: yeah hard to say
Verifier: I feel that the video is not acceptable as it stands, even if it's legit
Verifier: besides that, I didn't run into any issues. All of the gameplay appears to be consistent with the game physics as I've come to know them, even if I'm not skilled enough to replicate most of those tricks
Verifier: there are some inconsistencies in video encoding quality, most notably audio volume as already mentioned, but each individual video passed the guidelines

I discussed this with IsraeliRD a bit and this is what he said.

Quote:
[21:27] <IsraeliRD> Basically, it has a good history but long story short:
[21:27] <IsraeliRD> You take a screenshot at a certain point just before the mine, and the game takes a screenshot. I don't really know the mechanics behind it tbh, only the result.
[21:28] <IsraeliRD> the game still runs the marble, and through the mine, and then activates it when the "lag" or "Screenshot" is done with.
[21:28] <IsraeliRD> you can do the same by using the restart button, by quickly restarting and resuming, but it gives you like 3.4x as final time
[21:29] <IsraeliRD> because we were doing a .rec, doing a restart/resume isn't possible, and someone found that taking a screenshot does the same lag, except better
[21:29] <IsraeliRD> i dont really know how the marble goes through the mine, i assume its a game engine glitch
[21:29] <IsraeliRD> like i took a screenshot on a moving platform going up, and i found myself getting a weird boost
[21:30] <IsraeliRD> its random on the moving platform and mine
[21:30] <IsraeliRD> the "pause" is probably the screenshot the game takes

I think I can live with a half-second pause/darkness for a faster run.

Quote:
Heres my verification i hope you like it.

Marble Blast Gold speed run verification with one death which is necessary to get the world record time on the level Trap Door Madness.

Video/Sound quality:The video quality is excellent and is easily viewable, the only point where people may get confused or annoyed are on certain levels where the marble is traveling so fast you can barely see whats going on, a level called space slide lagged and skipped a little bit because of the speed of the marble only a minor thing and it only happens on this level. Sound quality is again excellent with a slight delay on space slide again because of how fast they are going.

The Run:

Pascal, Matan and Dushine did an excellent job on this speed run i am not going to go through every level with an individual comment it would take forever anyway here i go, this speed run will never be beaten by any other speed runners unless they can replicate the likes of Tight Rope (My personal favorite), Siege which is just crazy good, Tube Treasure AMAZING ROUTE AND RUN! and Tower Maze which is perfect. There are very few levels which can be done faster they are: Bumper Training can be improved by 0.03, Gauntlet which can be done in sub 9 seconds, Mudslide can go 0.20 faster, Pathways can go 0.30 faster, Skyscraper which i believe could be done 0.40 faster, and Will o' Wisp which can just go sub 15, those are the only ones that could be considered major, they are all more than acceptable.

Overall my verdict will be to accept this run, there will never be a better marble blast gold speed run, good job guys!

Goooo verification secrecy!

Quote:
Marble Blast Gold Speedrun

I enjoyed watching this run very much. It was fun to see all the new tricks and such take place in such an awesome game. I noticed (as Matan said in the comments) that the audio has a bit of problems. While i noticed it very quickly, it doesnt remain a problem to me. It makes the sound more awesome to hear whats going on imo. While i was watching i saw some tricks that are very hard to get. The only level i say would be cheating is Space Slide[Intermediate]. This could be the case because when the player hits the mine it freezes thus a plan could be going on to cheat. I would be exited to see it without freezing just to be sure.

My Comments on Speedruns

Around the World in 30 seconds : It seems as if the player did not get the gems in real life but got them. How that is possible is above.
Battlements : It seems as if the player took the slow way imo. He could've just holded down the jump button non-diagonal and after he passed the first block or about to go diagonal. It seems faster. Also with the traplaunch, he couldn't have just got off the wall like that, i didnt hear a jump noise nor the red 'pictures' that come out of you hit something.
Dive! : At the loop, you kept jumping, but here if i do that, i usually go Out Of Bounds,was it removed ect? Also the ending could've been done better by going diagonally and hitting the edge of the 'pole' before the finish. Seem it can go sub 12.
Eschers Race : On the ramp before the 1st gem, instead of 'edge hitting' you could've jumped which would save a .1s.
Eye of the Storm : Stated by the Speedrunner, he almost failed the run. It still impressed me he was able to get lucky and stay on.
Fan Lift : Can go a toucher lower because i noticed the Speedrunner almost fell at the 2nd to last fan.
Freeway Crossing : It's sort of glitched because of the fact the block wont move making it easier for World Record. I only was able to get the glitch once, never happened again. It's sort of cheat if you ask me. Some people have good computers [such as me] and can't even get close to World Record. Glitched imo.
Great Divide : The speedrunner could have gotten a faster time if he would have went left instead of right. Getting the Time Travel he got 2nd 1st could have gotten him 19.1x.
Gyrocopter : Looks as if the Speedrunner didn't go straight, so he might have gotten a lower time.
King of the Mountain : After that edge hit, the Speedrunner got a bit of height which could be brought down to a better time.
Obstacle Course : Could have the speedrunner do a much better start for a lower time?
Pathways : Could have the Speedrunner gotten at least a suck edge hit to go 24.1x?
Pitfalls : the Speedrunner could have jumped before he hit the wall [considered an edge] and jump, getting more height and finishing faster?
Platform Party :  The Speedrunner after he hit the edge on the plaform [highest one] could have jumped in a way to remove the red pictures? [which is considered faster imo]
Plumbers Portal : At the end of the level [after the pipe] could have the Speedrunner got less away from the 3rd gem for faster time? Possibly 17.7x?
Space Slide : Why did the game freeze like that? What i think is says it all above.
Tightrope : If the speedrunner claims to get 8.2x on first run, why could he not get it? Or did he jump to get it [that makes it faster]? Also on the rope under, could he have jumped instead of fallen and get a bit better?
Winding Road : Usage of the powerup glitch.

Enjoy what i have to see about the speedrun!

Quote:
Every video in this collection from Marble Blast Gold has my verification of being legit and extremely fast and entertaining.  This video I feel will make a great addition to SDA and lives up to all of the guidelines and has great quality and sound.  Allthough some videos might have extremely minor errors in them, I HIGHLY doubt there will ever be anybody that will be insane enough to beat this overall time.

My Comments:

Beginner levels:

Learning to Roll: Very good start, requires extreme timing, probably perfect

Collect the Gems: Fast run with much camera work, the camera work for picking up the gems is precise

Jump Training: Insane edge hit in the beginning and landing had a ton of forward spin to get to the goal faster.

Learn the Super Jump: Very well placed edge hit with a low pop to the goal, minor camera turn at the end to “square up” to the goal for insane time.

Platform Training: Amazingly fast, and will probably never be beaten.

Learn the Super Speed: Probably Perfect

Elevator: Probably Perfect

Air Movement: Very fast edge hit that is rare to see one pop down.  This is a very fast time to the goal.

Gyrocopter: Extremely easy level but is hard to cut down on, doubt it will be beaten.

Time Trial: Perfect

Super Bounce: Very precise, probably perfect

Gravity Helix: Blazed through it, probably perfect

Shock Absorber: Amazing start, probably unbeatable

There and Back Again: Insane double hit to shoot back to the goal while maintaining speed and no skid on the way back.

Marble Materials Lab: Smooth and straight to the finish

Bumper Training: Another brilliant start that was first seen in Learning to Roll, probably will never be beaten.

Breezeway: Good adjustments on the camera to compensate for the fans blowing the marble back and forth.  UPDATE:  Looking at it the second time, I see the sign hit which is unbelievable.

Mine Field: Same start as Learning to Roll and Bumper training, insanely fast.

Trapdoors!: Perfect

Tornado Bowl: Very hard level to perfect due to so many camera turns and gems/powerups + tornado in middle.  Insanely fast time was achieved here.

Pitfalls: Very hard to let this one go, I shocked everybody on MBU that thought Pitfalls was perfect.  This particular run from Pascal was very well executed!

Platform Party: Extremely rare edge hit that sends you low and maintains constant speed with no skid on the moving platform.

Winding Road: Fast run

Grand Finale: Awesome run, so much fun to watch!

Intermediate levels:

Jump Jump Jump: Probably Perfect

Monster Speedway Qualifying: Zipped through the level insanely fast.

Skate Park: Crazy fast with so many gems.

Ramp Matrix: Great route, identical to the MBU world record route.  Very fast run with smooth transitions.

Hoops: Very rare hit to max out the moving bridges, fun to watch.

Go for the Green: Great adjustment to get a low pop into the finish free fall.

Fork in the Road: Fast Fast Fast…

Tri Twist: Unbelievable use of wall hits to achieve world record time.

Marbletris: Genius route, everything matches up great.

Space Slide: Most insane hit I have ever witnessed in MBG.  It was so fast the game couldn’t keep up with the marble.  Perfect edge hit towards the end for a World Record that will probably never be beaten.

Skee Ball Bonus: Looks like it would be extremely frustrating to hit anything better, great time!

Marble Playground: Crazy route, very exciting to watch, great finish!

Hop Skip and a Jump: Edge hit on here is rare, will probably never be beaten.

Take the High Road: Awesome use of the SuperJump to get a great time!

Half Pipe: Very good run and usage of TimeTravels

Gauntlet: Another level that shattered the record on Marble Blast Ultra this way and is a very rare hit!  This run is very very fast.
Moto-Marblecross: Insane usage of the camera to tweak each hit to land on precise spots to maximize run.

Shock Drop: Demonstrated an amazing method to barely grab the ShockAbsorber and curve back into goal to maximize run.

Spork in the Road: Great run, was fun to watch.

Great Divide: Insane trap, doubt it will ever be beaten.

The Wave: Very very smooth run, surprisingly fast.

Tornado Alley: Very fast, probably perfect

Monster Speedway: Flew through the SuperSpeeds with insane timing!

Upward Spiral: Unbelievable hit to the first SuperSpeed and the rest to finish the level with the World Record

Advanced levels:

Thrill Ride: Awesome edge hit to the goal!

Money Tree: So amazing to watch, the ending was awesome!

Fan Lift: Extreme timing and precision to finish that fast.
Leap of Faith: Awesome tweak from previous World Record to catch both the gem and the ShockAbsorber while floating through to curve back into goal.

Freeway Crossing: Probably Perfect

Stepping Stones: Very smooth transitioning while going low from platform to platform.

Obstacle Course: Zipped through the level to get rare edge hit that flies straight and low through the goal, great to watch!

Points of the Compass: Very fast with awesome use of camera and jumping mechanics.

Three-Fold Maze: Very smooth run with an insane edge hit up to a GravityModifier that lead to a great finish.

Tube Treasure: Easily a top ten greatest run in Marble Blast ever recorded.  The tubes were absolutely abused to get this run to go this low.

Slip 'n Slide: Fast and flew through the goal.  Probably will never be beaten.

Skyscraper: Unbelievable hard to do two trap launches and finish this route, amazingly fast.

Half-Pipe Elite: Great run, great route and use of the SuperSpeed at the end, probably perfect.

A-Maze-Ing: Looks like an incredible double edge hit, very well done.

Block Party: Witnessed many minor adjustments in the level to optimize the speed and transitioning from each block to give an incredible World Record.

Trap Door Madness: This level shows a genius way to use the game mechanics and get a legit World Record by hitting the trap doors after the game has restarted and the trap doors have not respawned.

Moebius Strip: Unreal how fast this route was executed and the bounce off the finish sign into the goal topped it off for an amazing run.

Great Divide Revisited: Great run, I did not think it was possible on Marble Blast Gold, proved me wrong.

Escher’s Race: Many little things in this run that are hard to spot, but they make this run really unique.  The first and probably most obvious was the very smooth hit up to the gyrocopter.  The second thing that caught my eye was the use of the gyrocopter and the edge hit to get up higher.  The last thing that really made me appreciate this run was the wall hit at the end with the gyrocopter to keep a low angle straight to the goal.  Very well done, and great capture.

To the Moon: Exactly how I imagined a perfect run on this level would look like.

Around the World in 30 Seconds: Very fast use of gravity modifiers and picking up the gems to switch to each face of the level.

Will o' Wisp: Wow, that was quick and great start.  I liked the way you floated through the first time travel, that was slick!

Twisting the Night Away: Awesome edge hit at the beginning and the rest of the run was very well done!  Barely missing the last block made me LOL!

Survival of the Fittest: GODLY trap launch, I doubt it will ever be beaten.

Plumber's Portal: Smooth and fast, very difficult level to perfect, but this particular run achieved 99% perfection I believe.

Siege: Breathtaking run, so many tweaks and bounces executed.  This video shows talent and extreme timing, a blast to watch.

Ski Slopes: Very fast run, probably maxed.

Ramps Reloaded: The marble blazed through this level and hit a perfect ending.

Tower Maze: Awesome trap to curve backward into the goal!

Free Fall: Probably will never be beaten.

Acrobat: Crazy use of the ramp to bounce into the gem and pop off the sign.

Whirl: WOW, grabbed the time travels amazingly quick and finished the level with the time still stopped.

Mudslide: Great run and awesome use of the edge hit to get to the goal faster!

Pipe Dreams: Quick and near perfection, edge hits were great!

Scaffold: Amazing start and flawless run.  Perfect.

Airwalk: Tricky level to float through and grab all the gems.  Extremely well executed World Record.

Shimmy: Fast run, easy shortcut!

Path of Least Resistance: Good run

Daedalus: Amazing path to keep the TimeTravels from running out.  Loved the first hit to the time travel and looked great the rest of the run.

Ordeal: Crazy how fast this was done.  Sign hit was flawless and very fast ending!

Battlements:  Insanely low trap launch to get to the goal, very rare capture!

Pinball Wizard: Great run and pathway for a very tricky unique level.  Great ending as well!

Eye of the Storm: Very fast time for a very tricky level!

Dive!: So fast and straight to the goal, this level shows some great physics in the game and how fast you can actually go.

Tightrope: Will probably never be beaten, so much skill involved in running this fast!

Natural Selection: Glad the jumping tip worked out for you Wink Insane trap to the finish.

Tango: Insane use of edge hits to get to the goal, short level, great path.

Icarus: Such a great start to get to the first and second gem, genius, the rest of the path was awesome too!

Under Construction: Great run on a very tough route!

Pathways: Loved the edge hit, well executed route on arguably the hardest level in the game.

Darwin’s Dilemma: Amazing run, edge hit before 5th gem was jaw dropping!

King of the Mountain: Another level where I thought it would be near impossible to replicate Marble Blast Ultra’s route.  This run was so well done that I doubt it will be beaten.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is as close as we get to a Super Monkey Ball IL table for now.
Thread title:  
Dragon Power Supreme
Thanks to all verifiers for their comments, much appreciated. Some were explained in the author's comments (which I'm also updating for the weekend). I understand the arguments against Space Slide, but you're always going to get that result while glitching the game. Otherwise you're looking for a high 4s or low 5s run. Also, note that we have improved on some levels so check out the finished product Smiley

Quote:
Battlements : It seems as if the player took the slow way imo. He could've just holded down the jump button non-diagonal and after he passed the first block or about to go diagonal. It seems faster. Also with the traplaunch, he couldn't have just got off the wall like that, i didnt hear a jump noise nor the red 'pictures' that come out of you hit something.

I figured out a faster method than the one seen in the video and faster than mentioned. Mind you, getting past the first block was always an annoying one. We have sub-9 now. About the traplaunch: this doesn't always happen with traps or if the speed is too high. I was sure you were gonna scream the same about Airwalk's first gem (you can't hear it) but that's due to the fans.

Quote:
Dive! : At the loop, you kept jumping, but here if i do that, i usually go Out Of Bounds,was it removed ect? Also the ending could've been done better by going diagonally and hitting the edge of the 'pole' before the finish. Seem it can go sub 12.

Most people can't do the loop exit, due to the In Bounds Trigger which is close to the loop. You need to go diagonal left with some camera movement to the left so you don't go out of bounds. It's harder than it looks. The ending can't go better because of the insane speed and chances are you miss the goal. You already go diagonal anyway to even get there. Hitting the edge makes you go slower.

Quote:
Eschers Race : On the ramp before the 1st gem, instead of 'edge hitting' you could've jumped which would save a .1s.

We take the advantage of edge hitting on the high friction ramp for a faster time, as you get a lower hit upwards. A jump just sends you flying and you waste time.

Quote:
Freeway Crossing : It's sort of glitched because of the fact the block wont move making it easier for World Record. I only was able to get the glitch once, never happened again. It's sort of cheat if you ask me. Some people have good computers [such as me] and can't even get close to World Record. Glitched imo.

Game engine glitch, but you can replicate it by quitting the level, and then starting it again. This was said in the comments.

Quote:
Great Divide : The speedrunner could have gotten a faster time if he would have went left instead of right. Getting the Time Travel he got 2nd 1st could have gotten him 19.1x.

It's the landing from the air that makes the difference, and Pascal hit the TT at 19.2x, which would've been the same for the left side (left side is harder too).

Quote:
Gyrocopter : Looks as if the Speedrunner didn't go straight, so he might have gotten a lower time.

The way you do the start pad trick is to not go straight, as you won't go as far as if you were to be on the side of the pad.

Quote:
Obstacle Course : Could have the speedrunner do a much better start for a lower time?

Nope, this is perfect.

Quote:
Pathways : Could have the Speedrunner gotten at least a suck edge hit to go 24.1x?

Very hard to do, this run was good as it is. Can go sub-24 but super tough.

Quote:
Pitfalls : the Speedrunner could have jumped before he hit the wall [considered an edge] and jump, getting more height and finishing faster?

Getting more height gives you a slower finish.

Quote:
Platform Party :  The Speedrunner after he hit the edge on the plaform [highest one] could have jumped in a way to remove the red pictures? [which is considered faster imo]

Red pictures? You mean the moving platform? This run is the fastest possible, we didn’t expect such a low edge hit.

Quote:
Plumbers Portal : At the end of the level [after the pipe] could have the Speedrunner got less away from the 3rd gem for faster time? Possibly 17.7x?

This means slowing down on the pipe and getting a higher end time. I practiced exiting that tube for ages, and I always try fast but right, so I don't have much to travel afterwards. I had several exiting methods but the one seen is nearly optimal (mainly because I was caught by surprised), and also the fastest I know of. I nearly missed the third gem anyway.

Quote:
Tightrope : If the speedrunner claims to get 8.2x on first run, why could he not get it? Or did he jump to get it [that makes it faster]? Also on the rope under, could he have jumped instead of fallen and get a bit better?

For the time travel, I can't get less than 8.6 because it's extremely rare, and 8.2 is just a shocker. I've tried it for ages, but getting such a low time is near impossible, because you have a 99% chance to screw up going on the moving platform (trust me, it's a nightmare) due to the fact you're always thrown either out of bounds or too high and you miss everything. I tried a different method to get less than 8 seconds but I can't (as of now) achieve that.
I liked the runs they were fun and cool good work!

I thought SDA did not like timer stopping items in games and used realtime instead though?
Quote from guest:
I liked the runs they were fun and cool good work!

I thought SDA did not like timer stopping items in games and used realtime instead though?

Apparently only games with timers that are totally broken get manually timed. There's no clear rule as far as I know, but If there are limited means of stopping/slowing the timer available in the game (whether they be intentional, as here, or exploits) that DON'T totally kill the whole idea of speedrunning the game (e.g. by letting you stop the timer permanantly) then the in-game timer is still used.

My personal preference is for real-time, but it doesn't (or hasn't in any runs I've watched so far) make much difference to the enjoyability of the end result. E.g. these runs are sweet and certainly don't feel worse for not being real-timed.