Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Manhunt2.html

André Göhlsch's 4 IL improvements

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Level 6-
Just barely faster than the current run.  Not sure if jumping over the railing on the stairs helped but skipping the last guy instead of executing him like the current run was definitely a time saver.

Level 7-
The current run's way of getting through the locked room at the beginning seems faster, but everything else is done better and faster in this new run.

Level 8-
A couple shooting mistakes, one where he just stared at the guy on the stairs for a second without shooting and another when he missed the first shot on the window, but this run is quite a bit faster than the current one.

Level 9-
Faster.

All the levels are improvements but mostly in gameplay and strategy, some of the tricks or different routes didn't look like they helped much.

Accept.

Quote:
Quality (Capture)
There’s a white broken line at the bottom of each video. It doesn’t move, it’s just there. That’s the only thing out of the ordinary.

Quality (Gameplay)
Safe House
There are only two major differences in this 43-45 second level. The first is he jumps over the railing to meet the shotgun guy, the reasons for which I’m really not sure why. The other one is where he just runs by the handgun guard instead of executing him.

Bees’ Honey Pot
The first change is the way he alerts the guys into opening the door for him. Instead of going through the window, he knocks on the locked door. This seems to be slightly faster.
Man, these guys in the courtyard can’t hit shit in this version. They also don’t fire nearly as much. This of course helps him breeze through it.
There’s also an awesome new tactic where he stands next to the doorway where the next two guys come out and blasts them away with the always-helpful auto-aim.
He just runs by the final two guys instead of killing them this time.

Assassination
Gets caught on the second guy on the first set of stairs losing 2-3 seconds. I’m not sure if stopping, taking aim, and killing him would be faster or not.
Jumps over a bigger ledge on the way down from the roofs after the window, skipping two landing animations and a jump over a ledge.
He handles the guys on the way down from the top of the next building a lot better than he did last time. He doesn't stop at all, but still kills many of them. It’s this that makes the biggest difference in overall time.

Most Wanted
That delay in opening the trapdoor has thankfully been fixed.
He uses the strategy from the Wii run after that, sort of. He kills all three guys instead of the usual two for their ammo. In the Wii version, all three have different weapons. Here, they all have Uzis. He also hops over the wall instead of running around it like he did last time.
The rest is pretty much the same, including the last section. He does use a new strategy to get out of the garage a second or two faster involving luring a bad guy away with a bottle toss, but the firefight after that hasn’t improved. It didn’t get worse either though.

Timing
I’ve sent the sheet to you.

Importance
Safehouse is only 2 seconds faster than the old run, but hey, that’s what IL’s are for. Bees’ Honey Pot and Safehouse go 5 seconds faster. It doesn’t look like it from what I’ve said, but Assassination is exactly 30 seconds faster than the old run. Overall, 41 seconds are removed from the overall time. All of these should obviously be accepted. Assassination is by far the most welcome update, because the old run was the biggest eyesore of the entire table.

Quote:
The runs of each level seem to be very fast, look legit, and are accepted by me.

Decision: Accept

Reason: They're improvements.
Thread title:  
(user is banned)
Edit history:
MortyreR45: 2013-05-27 10:12:15 pm
MortyreR45: 2013-05-27 09:35:04 am
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
I try to improve the run on the pc version.