List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Laszlo Seta's PC easy run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
There is an issue with the sound in segment 8. This might be due to encoding.

I see no signs of cheating.

Gameplay quality is acceptable. As he notes in his comments, there is slight room for improvement on some segments. Nothing major though.

I accept this run.

Quote:
it's coo. the parts that are lame don't last long in a speedrun so it actually keeps up a decent pace to the action. i played the 360 version and from the leg movement and the way he aims it looks like he's playing the PC version... except that at one point it flashes an 360 controller diagram. which version was he on?

having seen this, i think an easy mode SS would not have been that difficult. however, if doing a normal SS, i think you would have to make detours to slurp energy juice on numerous occasions and certain encounters would have to be approached differently.

I tell this verifier the run is on the PC version, and ask him whether he found the run acceptable or not.

Quote:
yeah, i think the run is good.

this game kind of has the shinobi health drain over time and you can replenish your reserves by hitting these little posts, killing enemies, or destroying giant tanks of it that are found around.

i ideologically prefer SS runs; all i was saying was that doing an SS on normal (as i would have- had i attempted this run) would be slowed down by the need to collect the health juice. whereas this runner pretty much ran through each level without having to worry about health at all (except in a few segments).

Quote:
The run is very solid. The only mistakes I noticed were very minor, and hardly worth considering to reject a single run. The game itself is very linear, so a new path probably won't be found to save time, and the runner barely kills any enemies on the game, preferring to act like Spiderman throughout the entire run, and breeze through it. Which is just fine. There were no signs of cheating I could spot, and little room for improvement. I'd like to note that nothing carries over between levels, so this should probably be an individual level run in itself.

Quote:
assume from the comments that this was on easy difficulty on the PC version?  I think on normal there are a couple levels where you have to activate the posts to open some of the doors.  The game was obviously not designed to account for mouse input, as I think some of those boss strategies would be impossible on a controller.  It looks like the runner spent a lot of time working out good routes, as he skips large sections of the game by making leaps of faith and moving around terrain in unexpected ways.  Mistakes are minimal and the only glaringly obvious one was a single grapple miss.  The video and audio quality are both good and synched up.  I say accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a good run with few mistakes.
Thread title:  
Lay waste to everything...but I still love SDA!
Thanks to the verifiers!

I'd like to explain a few things here:

for the second verifier:

When you play the game in the first time after starting (not first time at all), the game shows tips. For example, it shows the controls of the VS's when you get in them. Strangely, the pc version shows an Xbox controller, maybe because the developers preferred that one. I usually recorded the levels after some playthrough without quitting, but that time, i had a very good attempt for the first time. So, the tip with the controls was shown in the video.
I think the routes in a SS run could be the same, except  a few risky tricks, like the climbing part of the fifth mission. I tried an ss a few times, and i used the same routes and T-energy management, and everything works (just this game is unexpectedly depends on luck). You can't carry anything from a map to an other one, so an ss run could be a set of ILs performed in a row. On easy, at least. A normal run may differ a bit.

for the last verifier:

I didn't know about that thing with data posts and doors. I played through on normal and hard, using the speedrun routes, where it was possible, and i didn't noticed that. But i'm not sure about it.
The missed hook-zip: you mean on mission 4? That was caused by the low framerate. Sadly, my pc is not that good to run this game perfectly, sorry.  :-[  (to be honest, there are about 10 missed hook-zips in the run, if i count the almost-well-done-but-stucked-at-the-end ones, too)

Thanks, again everyone!
Cigar Man
This game looks awesome.  I usually don't enjoy watching runs of games that I haven't played, but this is an exception.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks Enhasa, too, for the nice news post!
Also, i noticed, that i made a mistake in the comments, the VS-saving trick Billay said me was on mission 03.
Also, the second mission's time is shown as 5:50. Was this re-timed, instead of the use of the in-game timer?
Anyway, thanks guys. I'm happy now.  Wink
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quote from bimanc:
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks Enhasa, too, for the nice news post!
Also, i noticed, that i made a mistake in the comments, the VS-saving trick Billay said me was on mission 03.
Also, the second mission's time is shown as 5:50. Was this re-timed, instead of the use of the in-game timer?
Anyway, thanks guys. I'm happy now.  Wink

About the second mission, no, I was lazy and had a verifier give the times to me, sorry :-/
Oh, sorry i was lazy too, and didn't send the times in. I thought it's easy to get them from the end of the videos, but maybe the normal version was too bad quality for that. Sorry for that.
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Ok I fixed it. Thanks for understanding!
Dragon Power Supreme
The Normal Quality section shows 12 videos and displays mission 2 twice, once for 5:50 and once for 5:58 but files seem to be the same. I think I'm posting this in the right place. Anyway, *downloads run*.
My runs always cause troubles!  Cry
There should be only one mission two vid because there's only one version of it (time: 5:58).
The total time of the run shows the incorrect time (41:27, instead of 41:35).
Sorry for this many problems, i hope nobody became angry because of it. 
I apologize, because i forgot to send in the times in the first place.
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Ok, fixed for real this time. No need to apologize.