Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: doesn't exist yet.

Serial Gamer's PC IL run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
No Mercy Campaign -

He executes the shortcuts well but in the last two levels (4,5) they are not set at expert level intially and are I think
played at normal. This is probably to make the elevator sequence that much more bareable, and to kill zombies to achieve the quickest final sequence. Thus (1,2,3) are ok to be rated Expert but the others are not..

Good tricks, I think he maybe hits the box once too many for his jump, but its probably to be safe. (not sure on the hits).

Accept here, with note of difficulties.

Death Toll Campaign -

Breaks through the levels as quickly as possible, not much more to say. Some more difficulty changes here, and a glitch to have "infinite" bombs. Works like a charm

Dead Air Campaign -

More skips, spawns hordes to avoid enemies ahead... gravy train...

Blood Harvest Campaign-

up until the last part its all good..

the last part the witch was in the way requiring him to kill her (not even crowned) taking about 2 seconds. His first tank spawn was horrible as it took a good chunk of time to show up. He also had some trouble getting into the vehicle.
thats at least.. a good amount of time that can be manipulated out. Heck the witch doesn't even have to show up!

The first four parts are good... I wanna see a retake on the last part though.

19/20 accept

1/20 no go.

Quote:
Audio quality is okay. Video quality is quite bad (ugh, the corn fields in the Blood Harvest finale). It certainly doesn't warrant a rejection, but it still has to be mentioned. No cheating spotted, but there are a few issues I'd like to talk about :

- In the campaign mode of this game, you can change the difficulty at any time without quitting. The runner does that in most of the runs, switching from Easy to Expert depending on what he needs to do. It would be weird to have a set of ILs with different difficulty settings for each IL, it's even weirder to have the runner do that since you can't properly classify the runs. I don't even know if it's allowed and allowing it would mean that the "separate categories for different difficulties" rule wouldn't apply to this game. Still, it's a good trick and necessary to achieve the best possible time in a single-player run. Your call.

- He uses a bunch of glitches and tricks that can't be done in the latest version of the game, but also leaves out quite a few. Some of them save a lot of time, and I feel bad for rejecting some of the runs just because of that. Keep in mind that most of the runs I rejected are enjoyable to watch and don't make the site look bad

- Zoey should get her own category because she has a different voice, which should be considered a distinct ability. It makes me more comfortable.

NO MERCY

Level 1 - The Apartments

Final time : 0:37 (just putting this here to show how important the time loss is, I haven't actually timed the runs using the frame counter)
Time lost : 4-5 seconds
Possible improvements : He benefits from the glitch in older versions of the game that makes the four characters spawn at the same place, but he doesn't use it to his advantage. You can incapacitate the 3 bots with a single shotgun shot, and kill them with a second one while you start heading towards the safe house. Also, smoother movements (better corner cutting, moving in straight line, etc.)

Reject

Level 2 - The Subway

Final time : 1:36
Time lost : ~12 seconds
Possible improvements : He didn't use luck manipulation right at the beginning of the level to spawn closer to the shotgun. He killed 2 of the bots (4 shotgun shots). I know he did that so the zombies wouldn't spawn in the turbine room, but you can just throw a molotov on the floor before doing the switch glitch to keep the zombies from bothering you. He could've incapacitated the 3 bots instead, if you get lucky you can align the bots and only have to shoot them 1-2 times. A few common infected gave him a bit of trouble right after leaving the safe house. Instead of taking the normal way in the subway, he took the goatse tunnel which is a bit slower. He bumped into the table in the turbine room. With good rhythm you can do the switch glitch in about 8 seconds, but the runner just spammed the quick-switch and melee buttons and some of the hits didn't register. Lost about 3-4 seconds just for that. Going around the table right before the safe house is faster than jumping over it.

Reject

Level 3 - The Sewers

Final time : 1:58
Time lost : ~30 seconds if you manipulate the Tank. If not, 11-12 seconds.
Possible improvements : He didn't manipulate a Tank into bashing down the breakable door, which is understandable since it's a bit of a far-fetched trick. Even if it requires a ton of luck, it saves so much time that it's pretty much necessary to get a good time on this level though. But I'm surprised he didn't at least melee spam the door instead of going the regular way. He went down the wrong sewer hole (the slower way). He didn't use diagonal climbing on the ladder

Reject

Level 4 - The Hospital

Final time : 2:52 (though half of that is the runner just waiting for an elevator to arrive and waiting for that same elevator to reach the 28th floor)
Time lost : 7-8 seconds
Possible improvements : I don't think he needed to start the mission on Easy, he could've fought the few waves of zombies in front of the elevator just as fast on Expert. That way, he wouldn't have had to waste time changing difficulty. It took him a bit too long to enter the elevator. He went the longer way in the "room" before the safe house

Accept

Level 5 - Rooftop Finale

Final time : 4:17
Time lost : ~20 seconds
Possible improvements : He picked up that useless pipe bomb at the beginning of the level. Didn't use diagonal climbing on the ladders. For some reason, he started walking or at least slowed down after climbing the second ladder. This is kind of sad, I suspect the runner didn't use the "despawns" in any of the finales because it's boring to watch and doesn't save so much time considering the length of the finales. With better luck with the tank spawning and better coverage of the common infected's spawns, he could've been about as fast as someone using despawns

Reject

DEATH TOLL

Level 6 - The Turnpike

Final time : 1:22
Time lost : 12-13 seconds
Possible improvements : Once again, he could've killed the 3 bots at the same time by incapaciting them with 1 shot, and killing them with the second one. He bumped into a ton of zombies throughout the level

Reject

Level 7 - The Drains

Final time : 1:57
Time lost : ~35 seconds
Possible improvements : Spawns far away from the shotgun and takes the time to grab it. He didn't really need to pick it up anyway since he grabs an auto-shotgun a few seconds later. Doesn't use the panic event skip. A few minor mistakes here and there

Reject

Level 8 - The Church

Final time : 3:00
Time lost : ~5 seconds, to my knowledge
Possible improvements : Loses a few seconds before picking up the shotgun and contemplating the door at the start. There might be a better camping spot for the panic event but this one seems fine. Some movement errors

Accept

Level 9 - The Town

Final time : 1:45
Time lost : ~10 seconds
Possible improvements : Takes him a while to grab his weapon and kill his teammates. He doesn't need to kill any of them, he could just incapacitate them and let them slowly agonize, they would die before he reaches the end, which would be faster. A couple of small mistakes too

Accept

Level 10 - Boathouse Finale

Final time : 5:35
Time lost : 25-30 seconds
Possible improvements : Doesn't take the shortcut right before the woods. Doesn't use the despawn trick

Reject

DEAD AIR

Level 11 - The Greenhouse

Final time : 0:49
Time lost : ~3 seconds
Possible improvements : He could've started moving away while throwing the molotov, picking up that pipe bomb wasn't necessary. He didn't do the trick that skips the ladder though it's pretty hard to do well and saves very little time

Accept

Level 12 - The Crane

Final time : 1:06
Time lost : ~5 seconds
Possible improvements : He only needs to kill 2 bots, the other one will get killed by the common infected. It took him quite a bit of time to set up the second major skip

Accept

Level 13 - The Construction Site

Final time : 1:59
Time lost : ~15 seconds
Possible improvements : Bad spawning location. He didn't need to kill Bill, the 3 bots usually get killed after you activate the panic event. Shooting them while they're following you helps too. The panic event skip wasn't done well. He could've jumped directly on the dumpster, do the skip right away and shoot the propane tanks while doing the skip instead of getting near the propane tanks, shooting them, getting on the pipe, and take a few seconds to align himself. He gets slowed down by a few zombies and bumps into a wall later.

Reject

Level 14 - The Terminal

Final time : 1:32
Time lost : ~5 seconds
Possible improvements : Again, didn't need to kill the bots, they get killed after you start the panic event. He slowed down when he jumped on the statue's platform

Accept

Level 15 - Runway Finale

Final time : 4:38
Time lost : Dunno, 20-30 seconds probably
Possible improvements : Didn't use the despawn trick

Reject

BLOOD HARVEST

Level 16 - The Woods

Final time : 1:19
Time lost : ~15 seconds
Possible improvements : He's quite slow at grabbing his weapon, it seems. Spends a lot of time dealing with zombies he could've easily avoided and shooting each bot separately. Gets slowed down by jumping on the bridge

Reject

Level 17 - The Tunnel

Final time : 1:14
Time lost : 2-3 seconds
Possible improvements : You only need to kill 1 or 2 of the bots.

Accept

Level 18 - The Bridge

Final time : 1:53
Time lost : 2-3 seconds
Possible improvements : Bad spawning location. He didn't need to kill Louis. Bumps into a wall and a zombie.

Accept

Level 19 - The Train Station

Final time : 1:05
Time lost : 1-2 seconds
Possible improvements :

Accept

Level 20 - Farmhouse Finale

Final time : 5:07
Time lost : Over 30 seconds
Possible improvements : No despawn. Spends time killing the witch (to prevent a bot from dying, but he wouldn't need to do that if he used the despawn trick). It takes him a while to get in the rescue vehicle.

Reject

Despite all that, I wouldn't mind if all the runs got on the site. I know we don't like placeholders, but as I already said, these runs don't make the site look bad and 95% of the viewers will probably find them very impressive.

And yes, ILs are possible for this game. It's actually questionable if SS and segmented runs should be allowed

Quote:
Woooo Left 4 Dead! I must say, I haven't played really that much of late, but it's definately a very good game, I was even thinking about speedrunning it with three friends, but that didn't end up happening.

So, let's start then!

No Mercy 1: The Apartments

Only thing that I can see that could be improved on is the speed at which the AI are killed, although I'm not sure if this is actually optimized because I can't say I've ever tried to kill them that fast.
Overall, level is perfect.

No Mercy 2: The Subway

Three little things this time, first one when jumping down out of the safe room, just slightly got caught on the zombies, not really much, just a tad unlucky. Second was jump over the table after breaking the glass, a bit of a slow down, but once again not much and then the counter before the safe room, same thing.
Level is perfect otherwise.

No Mercy 3: The Sewer

Just got caught on the tank when it first appears, that's just unlucky though and barely costs anything.
Perfect.

No Mercy 4: The Hospital

Didn't find anything wrong with this one.

No Mercy 5: Rooftop Finale

Grabbed the wrong gun at the start, only minor though. Got pounced by a hunter while fighting the tank, once again only minor though.
Just about perfect.

Death Toll 1: The Turnpike

Got caught on the zombies a few times, but this is almost always unavoidable. Jumping across the bridge though, never tried that before, very good idea.
As good as it will get I think.

Death Toll 2: The Drains

Caught on zombies again, otherwise perfect.

Death Toll 3: The Church

It's funny to notice that the AI walk straight out of the safe room and shoot, but the bullets don't appear to hit anything....Should've just killed them! This level was just like all the others though....Essentially perfect.

Death Toll 4: The Town

Beginning to get repetitive....Perfect.

Death Toll 5: Boathouse Finale

The infinite molotovs and pipe bombs was interesting...Easy way to win. Caught on zombies, perfect otherwise.

Blood Harvest 1: The Woods

I'm not quite sure what happened at the start here...The runner for a little bit and then a bunch of zombies came and attacked him, then he shot his team mates. I can't remember if those zombies always come, but either way I thought it was odd...If the runner could clarify that'd be great.

Blood Harvest 2: The Tunnel

The start of this level seemed to be a bit FPS laggy for the runner, but it went away quickly. Perfect.

Blood Harvest 3: The Bridge

Ran into the wall instead of the window, costing just a bit of time, then got caught on the train, a bit of time there too, also got caught on zombies a couple of times. This level could probably be improved by about 1-2 seconds.

Blood Harvest 4: The Train Station

Perfect.

Blood Harvest 5: Farmhouse Finale

Possibly could have killed the tank quicker, then also could have killed the AI then gotten into the truck quicker.

Dead Air 1: The Greenhouse

That was....Quick....

Dead Air 2: The Crane

This seems to be done before the level was patched and now you can't jump from the gate over to the building, skipping the horde. Perfect.

Dead Air 3: The Construction Site

Getting caught on zombies again...They're a real pain. Possibility for about a 1 second improvement atleast I think if the runner didn't get caught.

Dead Air 4: The Terminal

Zombies again...Although this is barely noticeable this time. Perfect.

Dead Air 5: Runway Finale

I'd say this level is perfect. Was a bit unlucky that the boomer got the runner, but that doesn't cost any time because this part of the level is on a timer.

No Cheating
Video Quality was fine
Audio Quality was fine

Just to note, my verifier files 1-5 were No Mercy, 6-10 were Death Toll, 11-15 were Dead Air and 16-20 were Blood Harvest.

Overall, these IL's are very good, with the exception of a few that could be improved by more than a second, the large majority could only be improved by fractions of a second, because of the zombies getting in the way.

Quote:
Just finished watching this speed run.  Here is my conclusion.

Quality (Capture): A bit low quality and dark, but dark is the name of the game for this one.

Cheating: None.  IL runs help with keep things consistent, and there was no detection of violation of SDA rules.

Quality (Gameplay): Excellent in its execution.  Every path was carefully calculated to keep time to a minimum.  I feel that this is a great frame of reference for people to work on beating in terms of time taken to complete each level.

Verdict: Accept.  This was an amazing run, and a few things surprised me, indeed.

Quote:
L4D Verification:

Video Quality: Accept. Bit of lag at the end of Blood Harvest 5. Might be just my pc.
Sound Quality: Accept
Cheating: None. I didn't know all the tricks but I'm sure there all legit.
Deaths: Bill, Loius and Francis constantly die.  Wink

No Mercy Campaign

1. Takes the expected shortcut off the building
2. I never knew you could 'turret jump' off the switch very nicely done
3. Looks good. Must have been shitting it with that tank, especially when you were waiting for the man hole cover to come up
4. Looks great
5. Nice way through the elavator. Made that first Tank your bitch

Death Toll:

1. Nice jump across the gap I'll have to try that out. Could have saved a second shooting your comrads but nothing major
2. Looks great
3. Cool little hop onto the train. I like the Smoker at the end
4. More cool shortcuts, hop over the fence and bus and the one just after the turret
5. Looks good

Dead Air:

1. Ohh the humanity your comrads never knew what was coming
2. The two shortcuts pretty much destory this level
3. Do you need to shoot the fence alight before the jump over it?
4. Uses the van push. Looks good
5. Its all good I never knew you could have endless molotovs

Blood Harvest:

1. Very daring jump onto the bridge
2. Its all good when there aint any zombies in the way
3. Messed up when you got stuck on the train and the zombie dodging could have gone a little better on the way to the safehouse
4. Looks good
5. Why do you waste time killing the witch? Is it because you need your team for taking down the tanks. Couldn't you have just reloaded the level to get rid of the witch. You never saw that Tank coming. Did anyone else find that it lagged just before the entering the car?

Verdict: I think Death Toll 1, Dead Air 3, Blood Harvest 3 and 5 could have some seconds shaved off between them but in general its a good set of IL's. This is a FPS game were I can't see any new time savers being found so these are all about as fast as your ever going to see. I'm going to say pass.

Accept

Quote:
Essentially most non-rescue levels go like this: Grab shotgun, perform “I was never really on your side” on all three teammates to prevent having to wait for them at the end, and run to the end of stage while shooting only the zombies that need to be shot. A slight exception to this is where he lets his teammates live until half way though level 4, and the end of level 8. In level 7 they just end up getting themselves killed. If it’s a rescue mission, the teammates will be killed just before they are saved.

Side notes:
There are a few parts where he turns around and I’m not sure why, like at the end of level 3 and during the second part of level 7. Level 18 is just full of those moments. Turning slows you down.
There’s a big shortcut in level 8 that involves a jump off a valve (how ironic) to a train roof. There are other shortcuts used as well through out these levels, but that’s the most obvious one.
In level 18, he gets caught on a train hitch after using a melee attack that sends him flying into it. I’m noting this because it’s the most obvious mistake.

Overall:
I’m pretty sure the turn-arounds that seem like a waste are for zombies that don’t show up. They don’t waste a huge amount of time, but it is slightly noticeable. Whatever, there are no major errors and it seems like everything was done right. I think this passes.

Since the first two verifiers complained about the final stage, I made the runner redo it. Here are the responses.

Quote:
Blood Harvest 5: Farmhouse Finale (This is the redo)

The tank could've been killed faster, but this looks to be an improvement on the first run of this level.

Accept.

Quote:
I'm gonna have to reject this one too, since it's only not particularly faster than his previous attempt. Mostly because again, he doesn't use the despawn trick. It's definitely smoother though (the runner doesn't have to deal with the witch and he doesn't get stuck outside of the rescue vehicle), so I guess it's more passable

Quote:
much better last one, solves a lot of the problems from the first iteration, and takes care of business. A lot cleaner and definately better.

Quote:
I watched the new segment, and it does not change my decision.  I was impressed with the improvement, however.

Quote:
L4D Blood Harvest 5 Redo

Definatly an improvement, no witch, better run through the cornfield and got into the car at the end easier.

Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: Almost all of the verifiers were impressed with these runs, and the one verifier who rejected said these runs were good for the site anyway.
Thread title:  
If we were you, we would quit now.
Did he use power shotting in this run? It is very useful for Tanks.

Here is a video if you don't know what that is:

Also, you can bunny hop in L4D. It requires you jump as soon as you touch the ground, but it is difficult to gain speed. The best place to use it is when you come down an incline, because you can maintain a faster speed.
Power Shot was fixed in the 2nd to last update.
Welcome to the Future !
Yeah, as Drevpile said, power shotting was not available in the version I used. That is not a huge loss of time anyway, 'cause a tank dies pretty fast (with easy mode).

Concerning Bunny hopping... It has been discovered late (even though L4D uses the valve's engine) and it's hard to perform it : inclined ways are often full of infected. I feel a bit strange to answer that to the Great DemonStrate (your portal's speedrun is just amazing :o)
Quote from mikwuyma:
Level 11 - The Greenhouse
Final time : 0:49

Level 12 - The Crane
Final time : 1:06

OMG ! It can't be !!!  Shocked
Quote from Serial_gamer:
Yeah, as Drevpile said, power shotting was not available in the version I used. That is not a huge loss of time anyway, 'cause a tank dies pretty fast (with easy mode).

Concerning Bunny hopping... It has been discovered late (even though L4D uses the valve's engine) and it's hard to perform it : inclined ways are often full of infected. I feel a bit strange to answer that to the Great DemonStrate (your portal's speedrun is just amazing :o)

Ah, does this thread have version info? I didn't see it if it does. Yeah, sorry about the bhopping thing. I know it would be hard to perform, but I would have still liked to see a few bhop jumps anyway. If you play versus enough, you'll learn how to bhop as survivor or infected. I actually played a clan that at the start of a scrim on Blood Harvest could bhop the boomer down the hill, right into our team. Totally caught us by surprise.
Welcome to the Future !
I did those runs with the first version of the game. A different category could be made for newer versions... but it will be less interesting to watch : some panic events can't be avoided any more and that is boring to see the player killing infected.

PS : I didn't play online that much, 'cause players (noobs and pro gamers, never matter) disturbed me during the runs, and they can't accept my way of playing anyway Grin
Quote from Serial_gamer:
I did those runs with the first version of the game. A different category could be made for newer versions... but it will be less interesting to watch : some panic events can't be avoided any more and that is boring to see the player killing infected.

PS : I didn't play online that much, 'cause players (noobs and pro gamers, never matter) disturbed me during the runs, and they can't accept my way of playing anyway Grin

If you are using the original version of the game (which I also have), powershotting works just fine. I just loaded it up right now, and had no problems powershotting. Just because a glitch was discovered in later versions, doesn't mean it won't work in earlier versions. So, my point still stands that powershotting could be useful if applied correctly and could have been used in this run.

Edit: Just to verify, I am running Source Engine 37 (build 3663). To check, load up a map and then press ~. The version info is displayed in the top right corner.
Welcome to the Future !
YEAAAH ! After more than two months of waiting, I am on SDA !
I reached my goal, I can rest in peace now...
(sorry I can't answer to DemonStrate's question, I removed L4D from my PC and I can't check for now)

Thanks to the SDA team !
I love you !
Quote from Serial_gamer:
I reached my goal, I can rest in peace now...

unless someone beats your run Tongue

(but don't count on me for that, I'm not good at running this game)
(user is banned)
Edit history:
MortyreR45: 2013-05-27 10:12:27 pm
MortyreR45: 2013-05-27 09:32:42 am
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
@ Serial Gamer:

many thanks for your work on this run. great job. thanks
Quote:
Category note: There are not enough differences between difficulties to count them as separate categories.

But on what difficulty were the runs done?
Welcome to the Future !
Mostly on expert. Some levels (finales, hospital, church...) were on easy then expert.
I asked to mikwuyma if it was allowed because it was not written in the rules. His answer : I can change the difficulty, but the time spent into menues is taken into account.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
I'm just curious... why wasn't this hosted as an IL table?

Granted, I haven't been following the IL discussion which has been going on over the last couple months so I could have very easily missed something, but this seems like a run where such a table would be appropriate.  My mistake if this has already been discussed somewhere.  Just curious.
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
I'm just curious... why wasn't this hosted as an IL table?

Uh... it was?
No idea what happened.  Wasn't there when I downloaded it.  Maybe my browser screwed up, or I somehow got to the page before the IL table was put up?  Eh.  I'm guessing the former.
Welcome to the Future !
There's just an empty zone before the IL table
Quote from Serial_gamer:
There's just an empty zone before the IL table

Yeah I see that too, it's because of the adverts meaning that the page is too narrow for the table higher up, I think. Maybe one of the admins can narrowen the first column of the table so it'll fit higher up?

Of course it may be this issue only affects people at certain resolutions, I dunno.
It's fixed width. The resolution doesn't matter. The level and player columns could easily be narrowed to make it fit.
^ Yep, you guys figured it out.  That was/is the problem. 

EDIT: Post Below:  Yeah, I agree.  Not that it was too hard to reorganize them, but the files should have been labeled so as to include the names of the campaigns and a numerical prefix or something. 
Hey, could you please organize the videos in the playlist in terms of chronological order, as opposed to alphabetically? It's really confusing to go from the 1st level of No Mercy and then jump to the last level of Death Toll, I believe.
Did you guys play the same game as me? Of COURSE difficulty matters in this game.  Huh? It not being different categories is baffling.
train kept rollin
Quote from TheHOFF:
Did you guys play the same game as me? Of COURSE difficulty matters in this game.  Huh? It not being different categories is baffling.

Agreed. The fact that he changes difficulty shows this.  However I dont think their should be different catagories as they would all pretty much be the same and the abillitie to change mid run kinda makes it seem like it should just be whatever the runner wants.
fuck you i wont do what you tell me
if you're not getting hit in this game, difficulty hardly matters.  Zombies generally die fairly fast anyways (and the autoshotgun is an instant kill regardless), witches have more health but are avoided through luck manipulation, and tanks are fairly easy to down, only taking a few more seconds for their extra health.

It's different in the sequel, where the map layouts begin to change, but not in this one.

Just checking, as I was with the crew that discovered a ton of the first finds in the game (though I haven't seen the run), but he used all of the old skips/tricks, right?  Being:

-crouchrunning
-the roof NM1
-the gun jump NM2
-the garbage bags NM2
-the breakable door NM3
-the jesus room NM5
-the bridge jump DT1
-the fast descent DT2
-the event skip DT2
-the train DT3  (was a way ever found over the truck past the house on the left?)
-the fence DT4
-the forklift skip DT4
-the ledge DT5
-the jesus rock DT5
-the jump DA1 (though i know this one is very difficult and fairly negligible)
-the crane skip DA2
-the tree drop DA2
-the barricade skip DA3
-the wing jump DA3
-the van DA4
-the jesus luggage DA5 (faster than the plane method)
-the pallet cart jump BH2
-the window BH2 (post-event)
-the pipes BH2
-the clifftank/rooftank BH3 (former places you up on top of the cliff straight from the tunnel exit, latter places you at the safe room door from the roof of the house by the train.  Both are possible in one run if you have ample health and a tank at the start of the map)
-the cliff -> train car jump BH4
-the house skip BH4
-I'm sure there's a jesus spot in BH5, but I've never known about one.

That's all that I knew about when this game was first released, and I'm sure there are a couple more by now.  Crouchwalking is when you stand on top of a throwable object (gas can, propane tank), and crouch and melee at the same time.  You move at run speed while crouched, presenting a smaller target and allowing you to go through low tunnels quickly.  It's wrecked when you jump, but useful for throwing off the tank in, say, NM5.  You can only do this trick on top of objects that you haven't picked up yet, as objects picked up are clipped through afterward.

Also, there was a way to skip the generator room using a pipe bomb or a tank and some mad jumpin skillz.

The powershot wasn't very useful unless you knew a tank was coming.  It was overkill and wasted ammo on anything else.

How does the timing work for this game?  You could save the problem of having to kill the bots by just measuring the time between when the door opens and when it closes.

-
Welcome to the Future !
I didn't use crounchrunning 'cause I didn't find an utility of it in the speedrun.
I used the button jump instead of gun jump (it just goes faster) Anyway, this as been patched, so if someone wants to do a speedrun of a newer version, gun jumping is the last way you have to skip the event...
Losing HPs was better than using the garbage bags, but the way is the same.
I don't understand what is "fast descent" in DT2 Huh? If you mean the way you take at the beginning (ahead or on the right), the second one is as long as the first one, but you have to sacrifice 44 HPs
Then, I didn't skip this event 'cause it was too hard to perform such a precise move when the zone is full of infected.
Taking the automatic shotgun was sweet for the graveyard's fight... so if there's no way to avoid the house, it is not a huge loss.
"-the jump DA1 (though i know this one is very difficult and fairly negligible)" that's why i didn't perform it.

I let you read the comments for more informations concerning the run.

As an answer for TheHOFF, i'll say that difficulty doen't really matter if nobody hits you. Then you can't kill your teammates on easy, and it rend an "easy diffuculty" speedrun slower than an "expert difficulty" one : it's just nonsense