Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2012-06-18 09:30:44 am
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

4-player online, Single-segment, Crash Course campaign, Easy difficulty

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Left 4 dead Mp Speedrun(Crash Course Campaign)

First of all, there’s not a lot of thing to say about this run but I have to say congratulation, this run was amazing. There was a couple of mistakes like, Adam should have been in front all the time in the act 1 but this would have require an insane luck(you already got a pretty good one anyway Wink ), The first Tank kill in the Finale should have been faster but they don’t weight enough in my opinion, compared to the run itself. Though, there was a lot of good point, pretty everything went very fast (Seriously Tongue ), The team knew how to act in every context, the overall strat was incredible.

A/V: everything is fine, except for the intermission between the two act but it doesn’t really matter at this specific spot.
No Cheating detected
Decision: accept
Timing: maybe I miss something since they are saying 6:20 because I timed 6:19
Congratulation to Freezard, Adam, Oasiz, Flicky

Quote:
Decision:
Accept
Reason:
Excellent luck with the spawns in the run and a great job by everyone keeping very close together.
Congratulations to Freezey, Sanic, Demo man and Reginald

timed 6:20

Quote:
Timing : 6:20 (manually, since in-game timer counts only hours and minutes)

No signs of cheating, A/V is fine except on the second level where player1 is slightly desynchronised from the other three (you can see it clearly at the alarm car and when entering the vehicle). Not a big deal though.

At the finale, first tank takes 20 seconds to... disappear, second one takes 7 seconds (from the start to the end of the music). I understand that you were lucky with the second one, but I think you loose some seconds on the first one. You say "it is still far quicker than the average spawn", but I tried three times on easy solo with bots, and out of the six finale tanks that I killed, it took more than 20 seconds only once. On an other hand, the "lucky tank spawn" where you kill it in less than 10 seconds happened twice to me. Average tank took around 13 seconds to kill. So I think you could have tried a bit more on this. It is the only serious thing that bugs me in this run.

Some slight movement mistakes and zombie struggling, and no bunny in downslopes (it is easy to pull off with some training, but on Crash Course there is only one downslope so...), nothing serious, you lost a couple seconds at most over the whole run. On 4 players coop you will never get perfect moves for everyone anyway.

All in all, I estimate the time lost to be : 1 second for the smoker (bad luck there), 2 seconds at the tier2 weapons in lvl1 (this looked ugly), 5 seconds for better tank ownage at finale. That leaves very few room for improvement,

The molotov trick went smoothly, so did everything else actually. This is a very solid run with a good route thinking and execution.

Decision : accept

Congratulations to Freezard, AdamAK, Oasiz and Flicky !

Quote:
Desicion: Easy accept
No cheating, A/V is great, and the run...

the run is friggin awesome!

Quote:
4-player online, Single-segment, Crash Course campaign, Easy difficulty

A/V: It's fine, though the fact that we hear the sound from all 4 videos at all time can be a little unsettling at first, also noticed the slightly desynchronized Player1.
No Cheating Detected.
Timing : 6:20 (I counted from the first frame they are able to move to the last one in which any one player is still able to move)
Decision : Accept.
Reason : Everything in this run went pretty smoothly considering it is done with 4 players and like Squonk said it's nearly impossible to avoid a mistake or two. I don't have much to add, the other verifiers already pointed out everything that could be worth noting and I agree with them : it's a really good run overall.

Congratulations to Freezard, AdamAK, oasiz and Flicky from the Team Perkele !

Quote:
Its an easy accept.
There arent any real flaws

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Freezard', Adam 'AdamAK' Kuczynski, Max 'oasiz' Ylitalo and Lee 'flicky' Reeves!
Thread title:  
$15 per rant/allegory
Six verifiers, all positive?

Just wait until you see what we did to The Sacrifice oh boy.

Also, minor request, I am flicky with a little "f". Diva mode initated.
Totally rad
Thanks for all the kind commentary, everyone!

Quote:
At the finale, first tank takes 20 seconds to... disappear, second one takes 7 seconds (from the start to the end of the music). I understand that you were lucky with the second one, but I think you loose some seconds on the first one. You say "it is still far quicker than the average spawn", but I tried three times on easy solo with bots, and out of the six finale tanks that I killed, it took more than 20 seconds only once. On an other hand, the "lucky tank spawn" where you kill it in less than 10 seconds happened twice to me. Average tank took around 13 seconds to kill. So I think you could have tried a bit more on this. It is the only serious thing that bugs me in this run.

In response to this, I have to point out that the AI Director behaves vastly differently depending on the number of players. As an example, we are currently working on the No Mercy campaign and have done numerous 3 player runs. The success rate in these runs is large, and we initially thought that it would be a pretty trivial campaign. As soon as the 4th player joined our attempts, things went to hell. We've done dozens of runs now, and have yet to even reach No Mercy 4 at this point; zombie spawns and tank spawns are very different from 1 player runs, and thus 1 player run results cannot be extrapolated to 4-player ones.

Also keep in mind that we have done well over a hundred, if not two hundred attempts in Crash Course, in addition to very extensive testing. We practically /never/ got such good tank spawns as that second one in our 4 player runs, whereas tanks spawned very differently when we were doing random testing runs (without all players).

I certainly agree that it would have been nice to get a better first tank, but given that none of our previous dozens of attempts came close to such a clean finale and well-behaving taks, we were thrilled to have two decent spawns like that. Suffice to say, we really did spend a great deal of time on this, and 'trying more' would not have led to a better result within the foreseeable future Smiley

Quote from Flicky:

I second this notion. You're gonna love The Sacrifice Smiley
Iha paska
Yeah, with four players the finale has to be pretty coordinated. One of the players stays near the entrypoint to the arena (fence) to keep the tank from spawning in there, which happens quite easily and is really slow.
There are a few spawns behind the fence which are slow'ish and sometimes the tank gets really nasty with us by going to chill around various unreachable places for a while.

And yeah. The A/V desync is noted. This was my first time working with 4player stacking and I've got a nice workflow for it now so in the future runs it should be a lot better! Main issue was that sync points vary due to latency, got better references now.

Thanks for verifying and the kind comments & criticism !
The sacrifice will be an improvement over this. _STAY TUNED_ Smiley
Feudal Family Lord
Good job A-Team
Is PJ
How did we let flicky get a run on the site?  I will do my best to prevent any further damage.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
A four person speed run!?  If there is something I enjoy as much as new runs, it is co-op speed runs.  Can't wait to see what a four person split screen run looks like on SDA.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Flicky:

Also, minor request, I am flicky with a little "f". Diva mode initated.

Yet your forum name is Flicky.  And if you don't like it, whine to nate.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Because this is four-way split-screen, can we have an XQ encode?

Good lord what are we going to do when there's a run with like 16 people?  At that point, I say verify all 16 but only post one, undivided video (or maybe a splitscreen showing a max of four screens).  That, or figure out a way to release each separate recording.  16-track video anyone?  Should be possible in 50 years! lolz
Totally rad
Well, for our L4D co-op runs, if it's necessary, we can also send in the demo files, so that it can be watched from each player's individual perspective.

InsipidMuckyWater: For our The Sacrifice run, the video resolution is 2560x1440 (at 60fps). I think that would suffice, right? :p
Iha paska
Preferred encode is the XQ encode that is 1920x1080 (1280x720*0.75).
I have one with 'anri XQ profile' and one with a higher bitrate that looks better but eats more space and juice.

TS will have 1080p as preferred but I can provide the 2560x1440 for those who really want it :p
Thanks for verifying and for the comments!

I'm personally happy about this run, considering it's our first one I think we did a great job. We all had to learn a bunch of stuff, especially me since I had just installed the game a couple of weeks before starting this whole project (took me a while to even learn the character names and to distinguish Bill from Francis for some reason >_>). I know a ton of research, planning and routing were put into this campaign by especially Adam and I; when we found out about the super jump glitch we had no real instructions on how to actually perform it, and were struggling a lot to the point that we never thought it would be doable in a real run. I agree the finale could have been better but that's just one tank we're talking about, the common infected spawns in the finale are even more important and we took care of them very quickly in this run, and then there's all the other randomization as well. We are much more consistent with the super jump now though and our knowledge of speedrunning this game has reached fantankstic heights so expect better stuff from the other campaigns Smiley
Edit history:
AdamAK: 2012-06-17 09:18:39 am
Totally rad
By the way, for those interested, here's the video of the Crash Course speed run on YouTube:

I particularly like the part where oasiz dies and Louis screams "Bill! Nooooo..." while jumping into the water Cheesy
Iha paska
http://oasiz.lerppu.net/crashcourse/ for 480, 768, and 1080 scanline encodes in 60fps.
1920x1080 is "XQ".
1-Up!
Diva request satisfied.

If you want me to change your forum name I think I can do that.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from Flip:
Diva request satisfied.

If you want me to change your forum name I think I can do that.

That would also be great. I didn't think it was possible.
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
16-track video anyone?  Should be possible in 50 years! lolz

I guess that's already possible. I'm not sure about the MP4 container, but in MKV it should be possible.
You can switch between the video tracks like you'd normally do with subtitles or audio tracks.
Iha paska
Real men would get a 3D display with shutter tech and multiplex two videos to each eye with 8 viewports each
I knew that 3D tech would have it's use someday!
Visit my profile to see my runs!
^ lolz.  Or we could blur them together to get a giant, bright mess?  A quick and efficient giant, bright mess that is.
Wow, that was impossible to follow and really awesome at the same time. You guys have got to do the rest of the campaigns like this. Tongue Nicely done.