List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Knytt Stories (Any %) (Single Segment) [Knytt Stories: Tutorial]

Verifier Responses

Quote from virtualboyness:
I'm gonna keep this quick.

My timing ended up being 1:26 from starting movement to ending movement.

On my first run of this I did when writing this submission I got a 1:17.

The play in this run has far too many mistakes for a run of this length. Here's a full list of mistakes I noticed:

0:21: Hesitates when climbing wall.
0:43-0:47: Very slow wall climbing.
0:48: Hits the wall and gets stuck for a moment.
0:55-0:58: Uses umbrella for much longer than needed, thus slowing down.
1:03: Jumps at wall then turns around for no reason.
1:05: Jumps in an awkward way here and wastes time.

As for the video/audio. No problems with the Audio, but the video has the game Window in it, and the mouse cursor can be seen briefly at the end.

No cheating detected.

This run has too many gameplay/visual flaws for me to give an accept to it. My final decision is reject

But hey, you did better than LetsPlaysHistory

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
A/V is acceptable, no cheating.

Play quality is pretty bad. For a level that's barely a minute long there's way too many hesitations and sloppy jumps. The above verifier beating it by 9 seconds on their first try really just says it all.

Reject.

Quote from Lhexa:
The problems I noticed:

0:22 -- Some hesitation when climbing a wall.
0:44 -- More hesitation.  Again at 0:46.
1:05 -- A mistaken jump.  The player jumps towards the invisible bricks before they're solid, then has to turn around and go down to get the eye.

A/V is fine, except for the window's title bar being present, if that's a problem.  I'll consider this a weak reject.  There's one sizable mistake, and a few smaller ones.  In a longer run that would not be a problem, but not in one that's barely over a minute.

Quote from moooh:
There's a 6 year old YouTube video showing how to beat this level in 0:01:17.

For a run this short, a very high degree of polish is expected. The runner apparently didn't research enough beforehand and made too many mistakes in this run that it would not be possible to do anything but reject this run.
The fact that another verifier beat this run without even trying for 10 minutes further supports the case.

Also, the recording should not contain the window title bar.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Title bar is not ideal but not reject worthy. But the play quality is really bad.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1239/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title: