3-2: 1 medium, 2 small, 7 minor
b3: 1 big, 1 small, 1 minor
4-1: 2 small, 3 minor
4-2: 7 small, 5 minor
b4: 2 minor - good strategy though
5-1: 2 medium, 7 small, 12+n minor - WAY TOO SAFE AND SLOWLY PLAYED
5-2: 3 small, 7 minor - stopped jumping before ledges
b5: 2 medium, 6 small, 1 minor - ugly battle
6-1: 2 big, 6 small, 11 minor - he fucking dies!
6-2: 2 big, 3 medium, 5 small, 6 minor - 3x SLOW STRATEGY
b6: 6 medium - gets a good pattern and still sucks at it
f: 9 medium, 2 small - you would have thought he would have the basic game mechanics down by now

all in all this run is bad and shouldn't make it to SDA. it is comparable to the (rejected) non-remake run only in the sense that it is worse!

mistake tally:
8 big (may i remind you i classed these as run restarters)
20 medium
50 small
79 minor
estimated time cost: about 5 minutes
run length: somewhere around an hour
percentage time fucking up: about 8%

-----

this bit probably shouldn't go on the verification page

you know i haven't actually played this remake but as far as i can see the levels are identical and any gameplay differences are extremely minor at best and comparable to the change between Klonoa 1 and 2. that said some of my 'minor mistakes' may be forgiveable if the game has changed in some way i can't see... i doubt it, though. Klonoa as a series is well-known for having simple gameplay. the runner doesn't seem to have mastered it yet, which is what makes the run look so poor.

on that note, i think vg needs a short, sharp shock to make him stop submitting such sub-par runs. that isn't the reason i'm rejecting this though; my reason is that the run is bad! i just hope this gives him the realisation that all he touches is not golden, just as it helped for tri-hex.

Quote:
I really should've replied before. I verified this ages ago and wrote my notes up, so these are quite old. I can't really remember all I wrote.

1-1: Very easy, cleanly done. Damage boosted a few times to good effect.
1-2: Again very easy. Rongo lango was quick; I know it can be done quicker with damage abuse, but it's a riskier.
2-1: After one of the leaf lifts, waits for an enemy to use to jump higher to a ledge, but I'm pretty sure he could reach the ledge by just waiting long on the leaves. Otherwise, fine.
2-2: Level is clean. Boss is a bit sloppy, but passable. Starts off well, but then has trouble catching Seadoph. Good music makes up for it =P
3-1: Levels are getting longer! Took unintentional damage a few times, but doesn't lose that much time.
3-2: Has trouble with a spiked ball, but it might actually be quicker. Good boss fight, but I think he might have been able to get the first hit in earlier.
4-1: Very clean. Not much more to say.
4-2: Has a bit of trouble with the spikes, and messes up destroying a block. Then has some more trouble with enemies. But gets the all important 4-hit kill on the boss.
5-1: Now the levels start to get really looong. Avoids/damage boosts through flames nicely a few times. Messes a jump up over some fire, almost falling into the abyss. Sloppiest so far.
5-2: Really nice. Light changes were in his favour. For some reason, tries to hit Joka whilst jumping, and misses. A bit of a sloppy fight, really.
6-1: Stuggles with moos on balls. Interesting route change after green crystal. Then a death costing about 50 seconds. Was good, except for the death Sad
6-2: Cautious with moos at start. Cautious with moos at second door too. All switch puzzles done perfectly.
Ghadius: Misses the chance for a couple more hits at the start, but a very good fight in the end.
Nahatomb: A moo he's holding seems to disappear at one point for no apparent reason, slowing him down. The fight inside nahatomb is really quick. In the final form, is incredibly close to falling at one point =P

Anyway, I would say accept overall, despite a fairly costly death and some slow boss fights. Also, I've noticed that my comments are always really negative. I tend to pick out the bad points; the fewer I pick out, the better.

The runner sent me this message just a week ago.

Quote:
Given the length of time that this has been in verification hell, and that I've made further attempts that are faster, I'm going to cancel this submission.  I may provide a better attempt later, I don't know.

Decision: Reject

Reason: There's some costly mistakes, and the runner decided to pull his submission anyway.

The run will be available to download for a month. PM me for the link.
Thread title:  
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Quote from mikwuyma:
this bit probably shouldn't go on the verification page

lol
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2010-10-10 11:49:13 pm
Complete. Global. Saturation.
I'm always careful about what I put in my reports because of things like that. I've noticed Mike never edits them like people ask, but so far it hasn't caused any havoc. It always seems to produce funny results too.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
oh whoops lol, I guess it's too late now. It doesn't really matter too much anyway.

Actually, TheQuietMan, I'd say 80-90% of the time I DO edit those parts out, but like anything else, people only point out when I screw up.
that Metroidvania guy
let's play a game called "find the lag"
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Yeah, I was just about to say that Mike edited a couple of my recent reviews as I asked.
sda loyalist
Amazing stuff Mike :p
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Likewise, Mr. Davies