--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/KlonoaWii.html

Klonoa (Any %) (Single Segment) (pal) (wii) [Klonoa: Extra Vision]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Pierre 'Skullbot' B.!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Klonoa (Any %) (Single Segment) (pal) (wii) [Klonoa: Extra Vision]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/klonoaev/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Feb. 16, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Fucking Weeaboo
Overall, the vision was well done, except one major shortcut was missed. In the room starting at about 55 seconds in (1:08 on the video) there's a pretty big skip the runner missed.

See this video for how it's done. (Skip to 0:55 in the video for the skip)

That being said, it's still an accept, but I want to see the runner do a run with that skip in there.
Why does the runner wait at 1:40?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from bangerra:
Why does the runner wait at 1:40?

He's waiting for those throny flowers to hit the floor, so he can damage boost through them. He kills only what he needs to complete this damage boost.
Looks like it could be done with one grapple less maybe. Unfortunately the TAS strat looks pretty much impossible.
Not a walrus
I'm a little unclear on what this run even is, from what I'm finding online it's some kind of bonus challenge stage? So an IL, technically?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
I'm a little unclear on what this run even is, from what I'm finding online it's some kind of bonus challenge stage? So an IL, technically?

It's a bonus level only unlocks after you beat the final boss having saved all 6 people in each of all of the prior visions of the game.
Yeah It's a bonus level that is extra-challenging.
A/V good, no cheating detected

I'm not familiar with this game at all, but the run looks pretty good.  I can't fault somebody for being slower than a TAS, but I have to wonder how much of what the TAS does is feasible in real time.  In addition to the skip VG mentioned, there are a couple other little technical things I noticed that perhaps could be worked in.  But as I said, I'm not familiar with this game so I have no idea just how much improvement is realistically possible, especially because the more informed opinions above my post are somewhat conflicted.  On that note, I'll give this an accept as well
Decision posted.