List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Nicholas 'Sir VG' Hoppe's 100% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I am not sure if all my "logo" things are necessary, but I am unsure as to when time recording for these start. I can resend it without all of the "logos" if needed.

---

quality- good. my computer liked it and played it very well. never saw any blips or anything and nothing was wrong with the sound

seg1: logos kinda skipped

seg2: logos not skipped; wow that first pick for the minigame....sooooooooo fast; low health? who cares!

seg3: logos not skipped at all; pitch segments, definitely a speedrunner's nightmare lost around a second or so with the third sprout watering, nothing too major

seg4: skipped; definitely the easier of the minigames, but got sharked twice and took quite a bit of damage in Pitch segment.

seg5: skipped

seg6: not skipped; about 2 seconds lost at the flower in the crack, but pretty normal, since getting into those Kirby-sized cracks are always touchy

seg7: logos skipped moreso this time. loved the second sweeping part

seg8: skipped

seg9: skipped; love the fall

seg10: skipped; minor mess up with the stone with Coo in the pyramid, but that is normal; lost around 8-11 seconds in the Pon Con battle

seg11: completely skipped, fire to the music~ and into boulders?

seg12: not skipped

seg13: not skipped

seg14: not skipped; who'da thought running through actually was safe, and parasol so strong. I lol'd when you did the parasol shield to beat Ado.

seg15: kinda not skipped; and wouldn't have saving the opening of world 5 for this segment been 2 seconds better? xD;

seg16: skipped and was splitting up segs 15-16 reaaaaaaally necessary?

seg17: not skipped; by far one of the worst of the minigames and done veeeeeery well

seg18: skipped; 4-5 secs lost at the Chuchu part

seg19: skipped; 2-3 secs lost to backtrack for the fire

seg20: barely skipped; beautiful

seg21: skipped; nothing noteworthy

seg22: Gooey's time to shine! Zero fight was done well.

decision: accept

Too many ups outweigh the downs.

And just a few fyi

1. Coo is a girl (see anime for details 83)

2. You call Nago, Nego in all of your comments except the beginning in the list. xD

3. Second part of the Dark Matter fight, he is known as Zero
---

Quote:
This run is right near the border between a reject and accept, but I've got to go with rejecting it.

Considering the fact that it's a segmented run, there are simply too many little mistakes, small things that only cost a second each but add up over the course of the run.  And the fact that this is the hardest Kirby game ever made doesn't quite make up for it.

If the runner is just willing to take the time to go back and polish up everything, then I'd accept that speedrun in a heartbeat.

Also, I agree with the runner that this should be counted as a 100% run (everything but the mini-games, which is 97% according to the game).

Quote:
Kirby's Dreamland 3. Admittedly, I only somewhat recently discovered this game due to it being released on the Wii VC. And I call myself a Kirby fan...sheesh. Even if I am still more fond of Dreamland 2 (more because of the relative annoyance with figuring out how to obtain some of the Heart Stars than anything), this should still be an interesting run. Onward with the breakdown!

Oh, and audio and video quality are excellent.

Segment 1:
1-1: Flawless.
1-2: Flawless. I still love the absolutely insulted looks the other animals give upon rejection, especially Nego's. Tongue

Segment 2:
1-3: Flawless.
1-4: I think hitting that one bat may not have been intentional, but no big loss. The hit on the Gordo at the end definitely was, though.
1-5: Flawless.

Segment 3:
1-6: Flawless.
1-B: Flawless. Coo+Broom just destroys Whispy.
2-1: Few misses when trying to water those damn flowers, but it's understandable, given the weird hit detection on them.

Segment 4:
2-2: Flawless.
2-3: Three hits through the first two sections.
2-4: Two more hits.
2-5: Three more. Honestly, I'd reject this segment for being overly sloppy, but I don't believe that redoing a segment at this point is possible, so I'll count it on a whole-run basis.

Segment 5:
2-6: Near flawless.

Segment 6:
2-B: Grabs Kine from 2-2 before the boss, and Cutter from 2-3, which makes short work of Acro.
3-1: Returns to 2-6 to obtain Nego before starting this stage. Slight bit of trouble midway through with the cannons, but otherwise good, considering how many enemies are in that last section.

Segment 7:
3-2: Near flawless.

Segment 8:
3-3: Ugh. This stage is why we'll never see a SS 100% run of this game. Executed well, though.

Segment 9:
3-4: Near flawless.
3-5: Near flawless.

Segment 10:
3-6: A really big FLAWLESS, considering the length of this stage.
3-B: Returns to 3-2 to obtain Broom. Boss fight gets a bit crazy, but not too bad.

Segment 11:
4-1: Near flawless.
4-2: Flawless.

Segment 12:
4-3: Remember what I said about 3-3? Applies here too. Those mini-games are stupidly difficult. Near flawless stage.

Segment 13:
4-4: Misses a hit on the mid-boss, but no huge loss.
4-5: Something of a harrowing stage with having to take Rick through the whole thing. Near flawless.

Segment 14:
4-6: Flawless.
4-B: Returns to 4-2 to obtain Parasol. I love this boss, because I love Dreamland 2. Near flawlessly slayed.

Segment 15:
5-1: Near flawless.

Segment 16:
5-2: Metroids. Yes, Metroids. Near flawless.

Segment 17:
5-3: Third really annoying mini-game. Near flawless.

Segment 18:
5-4: Bit of trouble on the mid-boss, but otherwise good.

Segment 19:
5-5: Returns to 5-3 prior to fetch Nego. Decent run, considering the stage's length.

Segment 20:
5-6: Near flawless.

Segment 21:
5-B: Returns to 5-6 to obtain Coo, and, 5-1 to grab a Broom. Not even DeDeDe is immune to the pwn that is Coo+Broom. Near flawlessly done.

Segment 22:
6-B: Shouldn't Dark Matter have figured that, since this form failed in Dreamland 2, that it would fail again? Oh well. At least the other two forms were something new. Near flawless boss fight, and that's the game.

Overall:
The run as a whole is great, really. Yeah, segment 4 was kinda ugly, but compared to the rest, it's a rare blemish. Therefore...

Verdict: Accept

Also, on calling this a 100% run, I agree that it's allowable.

Decision: Accept

Reason: The run is good, and even the verifier who rejected it said it was a close call.
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
I think there's only one way to celebrate this run.

KIRBY DANCE!
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Congrats Lord_VG.  And congrats on keeping the "run a quarter" streak alive.  Wink
Fucking Weeaboo
Thing is, it's only ACCEPTED. Unless it's POSTED in the next week and a half...
Grats VG! Another Kirby game added to the archives!