--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Asa 'spikevegeta' Tims's run

Verifier Responses

Note: Some of these responses are going to mention that segment 23 is missing. The problem has since been fixed.

Quote:
Video quality: Many parts of the run are really dark, so that it's hard to see what's going on.  I remember this happened when I played the game on certain TVs, so maybe there's nothing that can be done about it.

Audio quality: Fine.

Segment 1
Choosing sword and sacrificing staff is probably the best choice.  All the items on Destiny Islands are gathered pretty quickly, except for one fish that doesn't cooperate.  The first boss fight goes really well.

Segment 2
I'm pretty sure this is the fastest way to get Leon to show up.  In Wonderland, wasted about 6 seconds to get the drink, which looks bad IMO.  The rest of the segment is fine, though.

Segment 3
Manipulated luck to make the card fight easier.  Did very well at avoiding enemy spawns.

Segment 4
When I tested going through Hippos Lagoon, the right path was faster than the left.  Unfortunately, the runner takes the slower path each time through here (a total of 3 times).  I didn't know that you could get to the cliffs from the treehouse; very nice find.

Segment 5
It seemed that the runner had some trouble fighting the monkey heartless, but maybe they're always that hard at that level.

Segment 6
Unusual place to save in this segment, but it pays off because of the treehouse shortcut.

Segment 7
Very good Clayton battles and climbing in the cave, which can be a tricky combination to get in the same segment.  There was a little bit of trouble when selecting on the world map, but it's not a big deal.

Segment 8
I'm not sure why this segment wasn't combined with the previous one; it doesn't seem to have anything difficult.

Segment 9
I'd never considered summoning in a speedrun, but it works nicely here.  A little bit of time is lost saving here, but it's worth it because of the upcoming hard bosses.

Segment 10
Again, summoning helps immensely with Pot Centipede.  Tiger Head battle wasn't so great, but both the battles in this segment are really hard.

Segment 11
The first Jafar battle was awesome!  I'd heard that it was possible to have this happen with Jafar, but I'd never actually seen it until now.  There was some bad luck in the second battle with Iago, but the first battle definitely makes up for it.

Segment 12
The runner definitely knows his way around Monstro.

Segment 13
Good boss fight again.  I don't know for certain that doing Halloween Town is faster than doing Atlantica, but it seems logical that HT is faster because it gives more experience (I think) and a stronger weapon.

Segment 14
Had some trouble with the elevator in Oogie's mansion, as well as with the Lock, Shock, and Barrel fight, but those are at the end of a pretty long segment.

Segment 15
Both Oogie fights were executed very well; they're a lot harder than they look in this run.  There's an embarrassing mistake at the end when the runner goes up the wrong hole, which costs about 5 seconds.

Segment 16
A segment dedicated to one boss battle, but it's a tough boss and goes pretty well.

Segment 17
Great discovery and timing for getting the Power Up at the clock.

Segment 18
It was too bad the runner couldn't get a Defender for Goofy, but the odds of getting one are so low that I don't blame the runner for giving up on it.  The battles at the beginning with Beast could have gone better, but the Riku battle went well.

Segment 19
Good tricks are used for avoiding a bunch of heartless and skipping half of the heart platform.  Also a very nice strategy is used against Maleficent

Segment 20
Aero is used for the first time here, and it works effectively against dragon Maleficent.

Segment 21
I always thought the Riku battle here was pretty hard, but the runner handles it very well.

Segment 22
I didn't know about that trick for warping to Hollow Bastion; it saves quite a bit of time.

Segment 23
The runner fights two extra battles for more strength, which helps a lot with the upcoming battles.  There was a little trouble in the Atlantica battle, but the rest were pretty good.

Segment 24
The boss fight was very quick, and there was hardly any downtime in the heartless battles, which is good.

Segment 25
There's some trouble with Ansem when he does his "submit" attack, and also with the heartless battles in the dark rooms (but I can understand that), but the rest is good.

Overall, this run was very well done, and it even beats the Ultima Garden time by 9 minutes.  It's about time we had a run of this game on SDA.

Quote:
Audio and Video quality seemed fine throughout the run.

There were no deaths, and no cheating that I have noticed.

Personally I went a bit back and forth on this run. While this is a great run, there are a few mistakes that are a little disappointing time wise. One or two of which come close to as much as seven seconds lost due an individual mistake. I also felt that the run started out sloppier than it was later on. In the runner's defense though, this is a six hour run with some segments as long as forty minutes.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great run and currently the world record run. However after watching it, I think people will agree that there is room for some improvement for what is considered a world record time. I won't be surprised if after a few people watch this run, the run is improved and the time beaten by someone else - either on SDA, or elsewhere.

While this run does have a couple bad mistakes and has some room for improvement, I feel that it would be extremely nit picky of me to deny this run. While the mistakes at some points are a little disappointing, I feel that it does not add up to enough time to warrant denial in such a long run.

Quote:
Segment by segment review:

Segment 1
- Looks really nice, even though its a pretty boring part of the game
- I can feel your pain when you tried to jump on the ladder, its hard as hell
- Didn't know you can collect some fresh water on this spot aswell. Nice
- Nice Darkside fight in the end

Segment 2
- Oh the bottles, well I raged so many times when I trid picking them up
- Looks really nice, no complains

Segment 3
- Not much to complain about here either

Segment 4
- Went well, again, nothing to say

Segment 5
- See above

Segment 6
- Well played again

Segment 7
- Nice Clayton fight, I used to hate him on my first playthrough of the game

Segment 8
- Nice again

Segment 9
- See above

Segment 10
- Loved the Pot Centipede fight, he didnt even break through the first barrier. And I didnt know your not hurt when you stay right in front of him

Segment 11
- Went well and looks really nice

Segment 12
- See above

Segment 13
- I first doubted that you have to beat Parasite Cage II, but as I searched on the internet it seems you have to beat two of the possible three (Halloween Town, Atlantica, Monstro) worlds to make Neverland appear, so no problem with that.

Segment 14
- You're Lock, Shock and Barrel fight in the end was not that good. But I understand you kept this segment, the rest went realy nice. Also these three suckers are a bitch to fight

Segment 15
- Nice Oogie Boogie fights there, loved them

Segment 16
- Nice again

Segment 17
- I think it would have been faster (but only 10-20 seconds) to jump on the right roof and continue jumping over them to the bell instead of going through the Gizmo shop. Though, I think those seconds dont make that big of a difference

Segment 18
- Really nice, again

Segment 19
- The first time I see the "not lowering the second platform"-trick. Nice
- Yeah Maleficent got owned. Laughed my ass of

Segment 20
- Well she turned into a giant dragon, didnt use her anything. You still raped here fat dragon ass ほほえみ

Segment 21
- Loved that second Riku fight
- Always wondered why so many people say this is the hardest boss to fight. Beat him on the first try on my first playthrough, but damn I couldnt stand a chance against Ansem
- Maybe its faster to just jump over the crates in the Back Ally then to go over the second district? I dont know, possibly just fractions of seconds

Segment 22
- Had to watch the Behemoth fight with no sound. Loved it. Ars Arcanum kicks ass!

Segment 23
- I loved the end of the world. I spent literally years there for synthesizing my Ultima
- Nice Behemoth fights!

Segment 24
- Whoa, Chernaborg was close to kill you in the end with his vulcano attack!
- I sit there and watched you fight the heartless in the room before the Final Rest and hoped the whole frickin time that you finally pic up that Gale. I guess I spent too much time collecting it...

Segment 25
- The first Ansem fight looked really nice
- Yay for more Darkside. I loved Darkside :3
- Second Ansem fight really nice again
- World of Chaos! Oh boy! I always wondered how Ansem got that huge
- Nice Goofy died seconds after you came to rescue him
- The Invisibles (Darkside-looking guys in the room where you rescue Donald) are a bitch. Its nearly impossible to see them in the dark, even when targeting them.
- Nice fight overall, loved every second of it

Overall I jmust say this run is very impressive. There were only a few minor (really minor) mistakes like misnavigation in the menu or flying/running into walls but in toto this run kicks ass! Loved it, was entertained by it, cant wait to see the High Quality version of it.  Would be nice to here some audiocommentary for this run

Decision: accept

P.S.: Congrats on beating the Ultima Garden time

Quote:
The run itself is solid, apart from a few minor mistakes towards the beginning.  I would hope for as much from segment 23, assuming the runner can come up with the video.
No issue with video or sound quality, although the sound was only coming out of the left channel.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Beat the Ultima Garden time, which is no small feat.
Thread title:  
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm very happy to see the run accepted on to the site. I really made this run to give the site the world record not for myself. The run definitly is improvable, and I can't wait for the day that somebody improves it. My run will hopefully give someone the confidence to do it. Thanks guys for the kind words and also the critiques.
Rawr!
This is the best game ever and I cant wait to watch it! good job spike