--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Jim Hanson's run

Quote:
There's some squealing throughout the entire video, what's with that?  I find it surprising that a TAS sub of this was rejected for being a bad game choice.  I'll bet it's those "progress halt" glitches talking.

Back to this run.  Accept and hope it makes the 500 run club.

Quote:
Woo-hoo, One of my favorite/hardest games as a kid.  Glad to have this coming.

Audio/Visual is fine, no cheating.

Level 1 - Pretty flawless really.  No red ninjas from the left equals speed.
Death Breath - Bummer here.  Takes seven jumps to kill Breath Man.  I can attest that you can kill him in five jumps to save about 6 seconds.

Level 2 - Fast as fast can be.
Spike - Best way to deal with the bully

Level 3 - Great run through the level with bonus area abuse.
Horned Witch - Good fight, but could be a couple seconds faster if you glitch the second half after she splits the first time.

Level 4 - Curse every bubble that comes out of this level.  One of, if not the most diabolical, random, level hazards of any NES game.  Great white gi usage.
Green Grub - Fantastic luck and pattern received on the boss.

Level 5 - Yes, it is necessary to go that slow at the beginning, those spinning gnomes are deadly.  The monks are also the only enemy that changes directions while running and jumping around, so I won't penalize for some of the conservative play.
Mad Monk - Sword in the stone glitch FTW, might have rejected if this wasn't used.  The time saved is incredible.

Level 6 - Hmmm, not sure about this.  The runner opts out of the bonus area.  Why is this a big deal?
Samurai Guard - Because the white gi saves you 9-10 seconds here.  Instead of waiting for the samurai to power walk over to you, just run and jump over the top of him after a couple steps.  This loses the white gi, but then you can slam him from the right.

Level 7 - Great.
Stone Wizard - Can't be more than a fraction of a second quicker.

Final - Stone Wizard - The most brutal part of the game.  The Wizard and his fireballs are random whores to the very end.  Form 1 - Close call here.  Form 2 - Yet another close call, power on to the end!  Form 3 - Damn those bubbles were aggressive at first.  Final Form - Daaaaaaamnnn!  Watch this.  The Wizard normally teleports back and forth for a while before being able to land the final hit.  The runner gets the one in a hundred shot with only one teleport.

To those not familiar with this game, that is the same as one of the most random 8-bit bosses bending over, spreading and saying "Give it to me runner, I'll take it like a champ.  You don't even need to give me the reach around."

The only thing I have an issue with is the Samurai fight, but that final Wizard ass-raping more than makes up for it.  Quick, show this to everybody, uncensored.

Quote:
Verifier: atta boy
Verifier: looks good to me
me: hi I'm not playing poker Tongue
Verifier: ?
Verifier: um
Verifier: kid niki
Verifier: dumbass
Verifier: lol
me: oh
me: haha lol
Verifier: the end of the stages
Verifier: yea
Verifier: lol

Quote:
This game sucks.

This run is better than what the game deserves. Radical, Dude!!

Verdict: Accept

Accept: No one can resist the mullet.
Thread title:  
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Quite the range of verifiers you got for this one.
You got a deletion wish?
[quote author=Verifier A]Back to this run.  Accept and hope it makes the 500 run club.[/quote]

That was me.  GO VGMR!
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Quote:
I find it surprising that a TAS sub of this was rejected for being a bad game choice.

This is never surprising. Wink
You got a deletion wish?
Enhasa, you definitely should flag this as game 500.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I like how everyone assumes a game that just passed verification yesterday can be the 500th game.
"Level 6 - Hmmm, not sure about this.  The runner opts out of the bonus area.  Why is this a big deal?
Samurai Guard - Because the white gi saves you 9-10 seconds here.  Instead of waiting for the samurai to power walk over to you, just run and jump over the top of him after a couple steps.  This loses the white gi, but then you can slam him from the right."

I wish I had known about this boss strategy before doing my run.  I'm wondering why DK28 didn't tell me about it after he watched my YouTube run. 

Kid Niki...more like Kid Dicki!
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from vgmr at work:
"Level 6 - Hmmm, not sure about this.  The runner opts out of the bonus area.  Why is this a big deal?
Samurai Guard - Because the white gi saves you 9-10 seconds here.  Instead of waiting for the samurai to power walk over to you, just run and jump over the top of him after a couple steps.  This loses the white gi, but then you can slam him from the right."

I wish I had known about this boss strategy before doing my run.  I'm wondering why DK28 didn't tell me about it after he watched my YouTube run. 

How did you know it was me?  Tongue

Sorry VGMR.  Sad  Actually, you were too fast for me.  I was doing some experimenting in between projects once I saw you were running the game again.  But you posted that you had submitted before I finished that part.  You also had that insane, 1 in a 1000, Final Wizard fight. 

On second thought, the horned witch glitch is negligible as it only saves a second, 2 at best depending on how hard a time she's giving you in her final form.  But I was going to post in the topic about the death breath strat.  A bit long to explain in a verification.
Edit history:
Vugmer: 2009-05-26 01:10:05 am
Cigar Man
Yeah, I was wondering about your Death Breath strategy.  I know that I can prevent him from jumping so many times by hitting him right when he lands.  That way, he will do his head-smash attack while I retrieve the sword, and then I can get back to him by the time he jumps.  But getting the timing right to do this is difficult, so hopefully your strategy is easier to execute consistently.

I've never heard about the Witch glitch, so if you also want to explain that in the topic, that'd be super.