Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2009-03-15 08:12:48 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/JurassicParkGen.html

Daniel 'moooh' Wikell's European version Grant run on hard difficulty

Verifier Response:

Quote:
No cheating, no video problem, no audio problem.  Thoroughly enjoyed your comments.  <3 your accent Grin

Level 1
very nice run through.  makes difficult jumps with ease.  of course, this IS the first level.

Level 2
Dammit, those raptors need to die.  hit by a transformer's electricity... kinda iffy, considering this is level 2.  Not more than 1 second lost.  Read comments after commenting, reasonable reason. Double the pleasure, double the fun, with double mint gum!

Level 3
Did you have to kill the 2nd dilophosaurus?  seems he may have gotten in the way of climbing the ladder, but he also would have been offscreen... 1 second wasted max. That is what I figured.

Level 4
VERY nice boat level.  This was always a pain in the ass, but you dominated it well.

Level 5
Ugh.  sewers.  Nice brachiosaurus timing for the first jump.  Always loves the velociraptor eating that dilophosaurus :3 

Level 6
wow.  Nice jumps/falls... very well planned out.  Why, though, did you wait a bit before that big fall?

Level 7
Christ, I didn't get level 6's comments done before level 7 was completed.  A good "no bullshit, point a-b" run of this god-foresaken level.

Level 8
The raptors figured out how to open doors before my friend and I could Sad
Liked the T-rex... skip, for lack of a better term.  Just kinda jumped right past him. 

Level 9
Uhm, kinda more of an extension of 8.  Just running more to the right.

Level 10
ditto.  I hated that raptor door guy.

Level 11
Shit, he made that last "fight" look easy.

Made me laugh, made me cry, made me wish I could play this game again.  Hellz yeah, son!

Quote:
First thing first:
There are no death in this run;
there are no signs of cheating; and
there are no serious problem with video/audio quality.

The run, while not perfect, holds up to SDA standard.  The runner had exploited glitches in the game to shorten his time.  As far as I know, the runner had utilized the shortest route possible, including routes only possible through glitch.  The runner's written comment fully explained any doubt I had about possible slowdown, and his audio comment are decent/good.  Overall, I would recommend anyone who's played this game to see the run.

-JoChi

Quote:
Jurassic Park notes

The PAL-slowness is distracting, but that's just a personal thing since I spent all
my middle school years playing this game repeatedly and I remember it being faster.

So the run is well-executed and well-planned out. The runner has done a good job of
planning what weapon to use and does a good job of switching ahead of time without
getting confused.

Any spots I wondered about the motive for certain aspects (shooting dinosaurs that
didn't appear to be in his way, some parts of the river, etc) were explained in the
comments.

The start of the sewer level was outstanding. I had no idea that was possible. Too
bad about the crate, but it's not so bad in the big picture.

Canyon is excellent. I especially like how well-researched it was, which I didn't
realize completely until I read the comments. I like to see this kind of effort put
into a "first" run of a game. Way not to be lazy!

Volcano has an outstanding risk vs. reward demonstration. Failure is risked by a
very tough glitch, and the reward is a fast exit that nobody would have known about
anyway had the runner gone through the level normally. Another thing I like seeing.

The end of the comments: Accounting numbers! I love accountancy! I am being
serious! And 20+ hours isn't a bad amount at all for a run of this length, in fact
it's very respectable.

This is a very lucky run in places, but it doesn't appear to be cheated and I
watched the video vs. music pretty closely.
I vote pass.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Can you handle dinosaurs and pure distilled awesome? Didn't think so.
Thread title:  
Haters gonna hate
Glad to see it passed, looking forward to this one.
Exoray
woo! Great to see it accepted, my first run on SDA Smiley

Quote:
Level 6
wow.  Nice jumps/falls... very well planned out.  Why, though, did you wait a bit before that big fall?

I'm not sure of your level numbering, but I assume you are referring to the big fall in the canyon. The reason I wait is that I need to time my fall with the appearance of the rocks. If I fall at the same time as the rocks, my fall is slowed down enough so that the game has time to load the red dart pickup, which I use to cancel the fall to death animation. If the darts are not loaded, I die.

Quote:
Thoroughly enjoyed your comments.  <3 your accent  Grin

I don't sound like that at all when speaking english normally (I think), however I seem to wind up when doing commentary, most likely because I have to say some things within certain time frames, thus stressing me abit. When I listen to the commentary myself I think I sound really silly Smiley

Quote:
The end of the comments: Accounting numbers! I love accountancy! I am being serious!

Statistics are always funny, especially when they display silly data. After having to restart 2 seconds in the run for the 6th time I decided to start keep track on some things to illustrate how annoying this game can be at times Smiley
You spoony bard!
IIRC, my levels changed every time there was a fade-out.  Considering the last level had ~3 fade-outs, that probably wasn't the best way to number Tongue

Congrats again on the excellent run!
yes, america's most blunted
i'm hyped (and i'm almost never hyped)
it's really a great run - made even better by the commentary. safe to say many of us played this game but none played it like moooh.