Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Normal levels Single Segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Decision: Accept

Reason: Overall, the run was very, very well done.  I am well familiar with how annoying the bosses can be, and despite the bad luck on the 5-3 boss, he still beat it with it having transformed only twice.  The route for the normal levels was solid.  The Dark Robbit fight was really well executed to get such a good time on it.  Even with the few very minor mistakes, the run deserves to get a spot on SDA, and that of course is another reason for my accepting it.

Using the in-game timer, I would agree with the runner's level timings and put the run at 12:48.  I am not sure how accurate the timing using in-game is, though, since only levels are timed and there is a lack of milliseconds, and no time shown at the end.  If that makes the in-game timer no good for timing purposes, I would use a realtime of 20:53.

Congrats on the run, hsanrb!

Quote:
Run's good. Video quality is a little questionable which makes me wonder how it was encoded/captured, but if nate's ok with it then I suppose I am too.

This run might technically have a 'death' if using 'try again' to get a free bomb on the final boss counts as a death.

I remember this game being far more obnoxious than this run makes it look, and I'm frankly a little surprised it took this long for the game to get a run. 3-2's theme music will forever be stuck in my head.

Second loop next?

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Bryan 'Hsanrb' Nash!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Hsanrb: 2012-09-19 09:05:46 pm
It was a transfered VHS -> DVD, if theres any issues when I threw it thru anri-chan maybe I'm having an issue that hasn't been reported yet?

I was working on extra levels but after having 5 good runs go south from doing the normal route (like 4-1, the 1st carrot spawns above you) that isn't there on normal. I also did find a small route improvements that can make fractional improvements on a few levels in normal. I'm still trying to duplicate this runs baron fight in time attack mode and I haven't yet (which sounds really odd considering with try again its the same conditions and its just an IL.)

Edit: How can I ever forget the most important part of the runners post, a preview link!
Feudal Family Lord
i loved this game as a kid.

Good job Hsan
dabes
gjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgj
I saw CyberBotX play this while I was at AGDQ, it owns. very excited to watch this :3
Insane Killer Robot
And now I can't wait to see a run of the Extra stages. Tongue  But yes, congrats Hsanrb, I'm glad that Jumping Flash! is finally getting a spot on SDA with this run. Cheesy