Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/JourneyToSilius.html

Journey to Silius (Any %) (Single Segment) (ntscus) (nes)

Verifier Responses

Quote from puwexil:
Audio/video quality are excellent.

Nice 5 second improvement over the current site run thanks to numerous minor strat/execution improvements that are described well in the comments and audio commentary.  Easy accept.

Also,
S h i P G l i t C h

Quote from Boxfat:
I feel like I'm basically on repeat for pretty much every run I verify, but I seem to always get the runs where people (or dragons in this case) know what they're doing!

Journey to Silius is another highly impressive run to watch. There's a ton of tiny little tricks that shave off anywhere from a little bit of time to... well, 40 seconds.

This is a relatively clean run with a few minor mistakes, and it's faster than the one up on the site right now.

Granted, RNG can pretty much always be just a little bit better, and RNG does slow a few parts of the run down slightly, but a lot of RNG also went decently enough to let the runner finish with a very nice pace.

The biggest thing this run lacks is unfortunately a frame perfect glitch on the ship at the end of stage 5 which miraculously saves 40 seconds. However, this is nowhere near enough reason to reject the run. It just merely leaves room for improvement should someone ever finally manage to get said glitch at the end of a solid run.

Audio/video are good, no cheating. Very clean run, I'd be crazy not to accept. Timing seems right, assuming the timer stops when the final boss stops exploding and the screen fades to black.

Quote from RetroChristian:
No dancing on stage 5. Reject!

Seriously, it's a very fine run. Only a few minor mistakes in a very solid run. It's a very short game but I know how hard it's towards the end and how nervous you can get.

Looking forward to the improvements you plan to add to the run in the future.

Accepted.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Zakkie 'ZakkyDraggy' Starres!
Thread title: