--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/JourneyToSilius.html

Journey to Silius (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Zakky the Goatragon'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Journey to Silius (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/JourneyToSilius-20151027/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
The Dork Knight himself.
A/V - Good.

There's not much I can say about this that Zakky hasn't already covered in his notes. I do feel it necessary to note that this game is incredibly unforgiving, and especially during the Hallway of Pain it can and will shut down all efforts. Many tears have been shed in that hallway. I won't even get into how the hitboxes work Cheesy

This one is an easy Accept.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Good.
Cheating: None
Gameplay: Same as above Zakky covers everything in his run notes, execution seems to be pretty much flawless, and from what I understand from the run comments this will be difficult to improve due to getting a certain glitch twice in a single run.

ACCEPT
A/V good, no cheating detected

Zakky has shown some serious dedication to this game, the results have been exceptional even for some time prior to this run, and he still wants to improve it...  For now, this is one hell of an easy accept.
A/V: Good

Gameplay: At first I planned to write some detailed comments as this is likely (?) the last Journey to Silius submission we'll see in a while. But when I read Zakky's comments, I decided not to. They explain what went well and what did not go so well. I'll only add a couple of points:
- I don't remember if I have mentioned this before or not, but there is a forced brief pause waiting for the second elevator to come down in stage 2. Would it save time to use that pause for scrolling the screen a bit more to the right? This was pointed out to me (I forgot by whom) after I did my run and I never looked into it in any more detail.
- Right before the pre-boss of stage 4, the jump to evade the big flying robot (for lack of a better name) was a bit mistimed and hit the wall. If well-timed, you can clear this without taking a hit from the enemy and without losing forward momentum. I don't think I've seen that in any of Zakky's runs, which probably means it's not attempted.

This run doesn't use every single trick in the book, but it's pretty damn close. Many tough tricks are nailed together and make this a really strong run. There are a couple of mistakes in there, but nothing major. Considering how brutal this game is to run at the level required to achieve this kind of time, I think this run will stand for a while.

Accept!!!
Goatragon!
Quote from ktwo:
- I don't remember if I have mentioned this before or not, but there is a forced brief pause waiting for the second elevator to come down in stage 2. Would it save time to use that pause for scrolling the screen a bit more to the right? This was pointed out to me (I forgot by whom) after I did my run and I never looked into it in any more detail.

Just checked on this.  It actually does save a few frames, but you can't really get far enough past the elevator to jump onto it as soon as possible for it to save any significant amount of time.  I vaguely remember coming to this same conclusion before and probably decided that at that particular time it wasn't worth it.

Quote from ktwo:
- Right before the pre-boss of stage 4, the jump to evade the big flying robot (for lack of a better name) was a bit mistimed and hit the wall. If well-timed, you can clear this without taking a hit from the enemy and without losing forward momentum. I don't think I've seen that in any of Zakky's runs, which probably means it's not attempted.

It isn't attempted because I hit a wall trying to figure out why I couldn't ever get it to work.
Edit history:
Worn_Traveler: 2015-12-08 01:10:35 pm
Formerly known as Skullboy
A/V is fine. No cheating is detected

Definite improvement over the current published. Better play and usage of glitches produces a faster run here. That shipglitch is nuts.  Good job Zakky.

I accept this run for publication to the site and to replace the current posted run.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Really strong run with just minor mistakes here and there. Completely forgivable and then some, especially since the game ends with a boss fight that has an enormous time save as a result of a frame perfect shot on the 2nd to last boss. Very glad to see a run of this game with this quality & the glitch! Easy accept.
A/V: good
cheating: no
smooth running, everything in motion non stop no hindering.
easy Accept
Decision posted.