--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2008-10-19 03:01:38 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/JoeAndMac.html

Rob 'Mickey_Mage' Whitener's SNES easy mode run.

Verifier responses

Quote:
Start Frame: 1119
End Frame: 85445
Time: 23:25

No video/audio problems.

Seems to plenty of knowledge of enemy placement and boss patterns. Knows which weapons to use and when. Saw a couple places where minor improvements could be made, but nothing that makes the run look bad by any means.

Quote:
From what I remember, the runner is correct about the difficulty levels. (only affecting the boss's life)

The video and audio are fine.

There is definitely no cheating.

Its a decent run. I'm not sure its SDA-worthy. There were multiple deaths. The player took damage MANY times (most of which did not save time but instead slowed him down). Also, it just doesn't feel especially impressive. However, it is certainly not an embarrassingly bad run. It might be acceptable to allow it and hope to get some competition with it down the road.

Quote:
It's not the most impressive looking run, but Joe and Mac are two fatasses who can't really dodge much, so a lot of times taking damage instead of dodging the enemies is faster. Maybe the runner could have rolled through more enemies? It's not really a great game for speedrunning, but it was done quickly so I don't have too many complaints about the run.

Decision: Accepted

Reason: The run is definitely fast and well-optimized, even if the damage taken looks sloppy. I'd prefer a run without deaths, but considering how this game handles life (it doesn't refill between stages), that would be pretty difficult without slowing down to collect life at one point.
Thread title:  
Glitching EB 1 flying man at a time
I can understand where a couple of the comments are coming from. I did notice after playing through the game again, that there are a few places I could roll through enemies to save time but, not many... Looks like I might need to do a little more with this game Tongue

Deathless is something I could do but, hopefully that will result in a faster time, instead of slower like in the TMNT III run, lol (I guess the difference would be that it's easier to dodge more attacks in this game than in that one).