Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2008-10-19 11:50:14 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/JadeEmpire.html

Christian 'ninetigerr' Koch's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
So, about the Jade Empire run, a few things: The video has some errors, but they don't really ruin the watching experience, since most of them occur during loading or at other, less crucial parts. So personally, I would let it slide; don't know what the rest of the verifiers might think about it, though. The runner's correct in that that the character doesn't matter because you can customize it to your liking anyway.

I was wondering if the category should be changed to "bad ending" (note: the verifier watched the old run and realized that this run gets the same ending), because that's what it is (skips the last boss, so it's faster, too) but it isn't a great difference, not to mention the last run did that, too, so there're no differences there. Up to you.

I'd accept the run. It's well played & planned and while the video is slightly corrupted, it doesn't spoil the action at all; mostly seen on the loadings & such, so I do not consider it bad enough an error to disqualify the run alone, as the video is mostly fine. I'm not sure how picky I should be about it, though.

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in verifying - I've been very busy.

Very nice run.  Don't see any video issues. Some occasional clumsiness in moving around caused by annoying camera angles - smoother controlling would probably shave, oh, thirty seconds tops. Clever and well-used strategies in combat is where the time savings comes from.

Short of finding some kind of major glitch that allows skipping whole parts of the game, I can't see much improvement being possible in the run.

There was a verifier on IRC who said the run was good and runner used better strategies than the previous run.

There was one verifier who said the run should be rejected for using too many harmonic combos, because harmonic combos just wasted time and looked flashy (Sorry, I don't have the PM anymore).

This was the runner's response.

Quote:
- Lost Spirits are annoying as hell, and Ice Shard + Legendary Strike kills them relatively instantly, usually.
- In battles with tons of enemies, Storm Dragon + Legendary Strike in focus mode helps crowd control.
- Some enemies are surprisingly rendered completely powerless under harmonic combos (The Watcher, Lotus Assassin Elites, etc. can be taken care of in just one hit)

I also asked another verifier about it, and he said harmonic combos are completely broken and overpowered, so it would be really hard to use too many of them. When I showed him the runner's response, he agreed.

Decision: Accepted

Reason: The one verifier who rejected the run didn't back up his claims, and the runner did a good job of explaining why he used harmonic combos. Also, the run was a big improvement over the old one so there really wasn't any reason to reject the run.
Thread title:  
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in verifying - I've been very busy.

Very nice run.  Don't see any video issues. Some occasional clumsiness in moving around caused by annoying camera angles - smoother controlling would probably shave, oh, thirty seconds tops. Clever and well-used strategies in combat is where the time savings comes from.

Short of finding some kind of major glitch that allows skipping whole parts of the game, I can't see much improvement being possible in the run.

Well now I've been able to track down 8 minutes (at the very least) that can shaved off, entirely from combat.
And I'm *determined* to find that major glitch! I just know there's somewhere the game can be broken...