Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Jackal.html

Jim Hanson's no item and any% runs with deaths

Verifier Responses

low% (no items)

Quote:
Really solid run.  A few little movement errors here and there, but nothing too bad.  Two deaths, one very intentional, the other likely not intentional but maybe should've been as the invincibility time can possibly outweigh the time lost by dying itself against the last boss if he cooperates during it and stays in the middle.  Not much else to say really, it's a big improvement over the current run.  Easy accept.

Quote:
The really ugly stage 5 death in the last run isn't there anymore, and the run does seem to be overall tighter past stage 3 or 4. Accept

any%

Quote:
Jackal NES any-% verification respond

Damn this run look so cool. Final time seems are 8:21 maybe 8:20. Let see

IIRC first TAS run was 8:25 equal 8:15 SDA rules so i have to say this run look like TAS. Only rooms where you can redo that run are if you can avoid lags better. As far as i can tell lags are random avoid and impossible avoid well like current TAS run "7:25"

Ok level 6 has some minor errors like runner said his comment he miss kill helicopter his behind which waste little amount time. Also he stuck for wall once. Fortress fight don,t seems super lucky, but surely passable enought.

Last i wanted say i never ever and i never ever will see better Tank fight. Tank fight was absolutely superb. I was nearly shocked when i see it. I just cannont believe my eyes and i then decide watch it three more times again. I finally have to believe my eyes even it is difficult.

I can,t say anything else: ACCEPT hell of course.

Quote:
This run has very few noticeable mistakes (I saw the runner getting caught for half a second at one point) and the luckiest tank fight I've ever seen. Easy accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Nice improvement. YEAH!!
Thread title:  
that Metroidvania guy
I wonder if master 88 types posts in his native language, sticks them into an online translator to English, puts them back into his native language one more time to be sure, and then back to English a 2nd time before posting?

Oh also it's good to know this run was like TAS. It wouldn't be cool enough otherwise. Smiley
Master-88
Any-% run was really nice i nearly wanted give bounty if someone will improved it anymore. I still wonder how much perfect lag controlls could save time.  TAS run nearly look as optimize as vgmr console run.
Is PJ
I saw the end of one of these runs live!  Which means nothing, really.  I can't wait to see these when they are posted.  Congrats!
You got a deletion wish?
Yay - VGmr's back!
This run will make my blood boil.
berserker status
Ahhh, yea I was supposed to verify for this game.  My bad.

Well the runs got accepted as they should be.  Great strategies and execution with plenty of WTF moments.  While comparing it to a TAS may be a little overboard there are some specific parts of the runs that may raise some eyebrows from those who haven't played the game much.  Vgmr manages to manipulate some enemies in an almost impossible manner but it's legit as I've done it before albeit by accident on casual play.  Well anyway, I lost my chance to verify; congrats Vgmr on these rock solid runs.
Cigar Man
Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

Quote from Riskbreaker Y:
Vgmr manages to manipulate some enemies in an almost impossible manner but it's legit as I've done it before albeit by accident on casual play.

Riskbreaker Y, which spots are you talking about?
berserker status
I was talking about the part in the last level that has a conveyor belt flanked by turrets on each side.  I tried to be vague because I didn't want to spoil it I guess.  But you mentioned on #irc that they're shooting blanks because of something to do with how many objects are on the screen or lag?  Both columns of turrets shoot nothing; I only managed to get one column to stop shooting and I never knew why.