Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Marko 'MASTER-88' Vanhanen's low% (grenades) run with deaths

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: newer Jackal run looks pretty tight, just one question for the runner
Verifier: How much lag would it be possible to avoid by destroying some of the turrents/enemies? I noticed some sections it appeared he could've avoided some lag by taking out a few turrets without losing any time. It also appeared that he could've saved time on the final fight by getting killed on purpose (during the giant tank) to get rid of the lag there (he dies accidentally and suddenly all lag is gone).
Verifier: I'm gonna accept the Jackal run. It's definitely solid, death abuse for the chopper boss was a real nice touch.
Verifier: The lag sucked at times, but I'm not gonna fault him for it. However for the next run it should definitely be minimized if at all possible.

Quote:
[20:08] Verifier: oh, I watched the Jackal run
[20:09] Verifier: I was thinking weak accept up until the death in stage 5
[20:09] me: oh yeah I forgot to say it had deaths
[20:09] Verifier: well, there's 4 of them, and the other 3 I could deal with
[20:09] Verifier: 1 intentional, 1 not costing any time, and 1 I'm sympathetic towards
[20:10] Verifier: but the one in stage 5 is just bad
[20:10] Verifier: and there's lots of other little mistakes in the run, so all together I have to say reject
[20:10] Verifier: he's close though
[20:11] Verifier: if he keeps at it a bit he should have something acceptable in short order
[20:13] Verifier: and just for the record, it's possible to kill the 4th boss in one round without dying with just grenades
[20:13] Verifier: it's really hard to do though
[20:13] Verifier: and several seconds slower
[20:15] Verifier: just wanted to point out the possibility in case a deathless low% shows up at some point

Quote:
Like in the previous run the runner submitted, there's an easily noticeable audio desync that starts sometime in the second level and gets worse overtime. The video quality isn't all that great, but definitely passable.

The run itself is good enough for me. There are still a few minor mistakes and some unwanted lag, but overall it's smooth and well-executed, with very little room for improvement

Accept

Quote:
this jackal run does not look like tas
it's extremely good though, comparable time to breakdown's but this is low% of course
beats bsulpher's any% i saw on youtube a long time ago, bsulpher is still cool though lol
i have to say i'm really glad i held out and didn't watch the 9:25 lol
anyway this one has 4 deaths, not all of them cost time though
lag reduction looked really good throughout, luck seemed pretty good too
bosses in particular were the highlight of the run
some could be faster like the final boss, but he's such a bitch

Quote:
This run look like speedrun.

Honestly, I didn't see many mistakes in this run, the only obvious one being the accidental death in stage 5, but that spot is pretty hard to squeeze though. Everything else was great, the stages went by quickly with almost no pauses, and the bosses were ravaged pretty hard. Good job, MASTER-88!

Decision: Accept

Reason: Did MASTER-88 make a TAS? Wink
Thread title:  
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2009-12-04 04:52:30 am
Master-88
Thanks a god. It is accept.  Cheesy

I make a lot job with this.

Quote:
i have to say i'm really glad i held out and didn't watch the 9:25 lol

9.25 was also very great run. This has only 2 deaths. 1 with helicopter and 1 with huge tank. But briansulpher told me how avoid lags better and this make me made very good improvement.

Yeah i agree level 5 death was too bad. But i think this is not reason reject run which already was near perfect. Huge tank was really superb here. I just never are got fight like this. Even this fight has death it was really nice encounter and grenade throws. Though it can even faster. But anyone who are played that game know how random and difficult fight this is.
Quote:
Verifier: and just for the record, it's possible to kill the 4th boss in one round without dying with just grenades

Its not possible with grenades on console. It is near impossible even with rockets i just never managed make it even using with emulator & savestate.

Thanks with verifers. Smiley
Haters gonna hate
Quote from MASTER-88:
Its not possible with grenades on console. It is near impossible even with rockets i just never managed make it even using with emulator & savestate.

It's definitely possible with grenades, I've done it.  It's just really hard, hard enough I wouldn't really expect anybody to do it in a run unless this category gets down to a SMB level of optimization at some point.  With rockets it isn't easy certainly, but not that hard.

And yeah, I was the lone voice of dissent, but it was a weak reject, and probably would've been an accept if you made 3 or 4 more tiny mistakes over the course of the run rather than the death in stage 5.  That one just seemed glaring to me, but you did a really good job overall.  Congrats man!
Master-88
I understand you very well. You are green with envy for me when i beat your run using low-% and deaths Grin

I like your run too, it was very well done. I not want are envious because you make well job too.
I guess you not was best possible verifer. This looks you can,t understand how random last boss is, you reject my run reason when i die once level 5 (this cost me 2-3 seconds). My last boss was faster than your fight even i used grenades and i die once.

Quote:
That one just seemed glaring to me, but you did a really good job overall.  Congrats man!

Thankyou. Wink
Haters gonna hate
It's definitely not an envy thing, and I honestly think you put that youtube run of mine on too high a pedestal.  Don't get me wrong with the rejection, your run is definitely good stuff, it's just not super awesome.  I drilled this game a ton during the tourney week for it and tested out a bunch of stuff afterwards, so I have a pretty good idea of what's in the realm of possibility for a run of this game, and there are a bunch of little mistakes throughout your run which really stood out to me.  None of them wasted much time, granted, but they were there and I noticed them, but I was perfectly willing to pass them over until you died in level 5.  I know if it was my run, I'd have reset at that point, or at the very least been very hesitant to submit.  Believe me, I know it didn't cost you too much time, it just looked bad to me and was enough for me to say reject.  The death against the last boss didn't figure in to the decision at all, I was very sympathetic towards that one and the invincibility period you got from it maybe even netted you a second or two since you could be more aggressive, but I just couldn't get past the one in 5.  When I heard everyone else accepted it though, I had no problem with it.  Like I said, it was a pretty borderline decision for me.
difficult and stupidly random
Congrats, man.  Nice work. 
Is this your first SDA submission?
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from feasel:
Congrats, man.  Nice work. 
Is this your first SDA submission?

It's his third.  First (rejected) and second (accepted) were of Super C (Probotector 2, PAL).
Master-88
Actutally this was my 6th. First one was probo 2 17.16 (never coming in verification because Mike reject it because i used bad DVD quality settings. Seconds one was 17.05 which was reject.

Then i got 16.58 and i got accept and when 16.58 coming up in site i got beat it and got 16.44 which is my latest Probo 2 run up into site.

Jackal was my newest. I submit it twice. 9.25 never coming in verification, because i beat it quite soon. I already think 9.25 was also very good run, but new lag stuffs, better level 2 & 3 boss strategy and a lot better final bosses save a lot my time.

Quote:
but I was perfectly willing to pass them over until you died in level 5.

Yeah this one was rough. BUt even i didn,t was die here this was category with deaths. This one cost me only 2-3 seconds and i was just too lazy reset it and i wanted got sub 9 minutes run. MRS pipper not reset her the lost level run even she die three times even her biggest one cost 40 seconds. So i thinking 2-3 seconds death in deaths category is not reason reject. This was only real mistake what i see here. Though Huge tank and fortress can even more faster but this is just incredible luck make faster last bosses.
Master-88
Finally this run is up

Comments are welcomed.

Its fact run is timed wrong. It is low 8.53 or very high 8.52. But i not care its very minor thing.
It's a BIG HEAD!
Gratz! That's one more run for Finland!

*And 10 points goes to... Finland!*