Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Moka's Easy single-segment run

Quote:
these are gonna be like the most spastic comments
final time is 2:41:33 on easy, ss
i see he has very hard with dlc on his site, that would be more impressive but obviously a lot slower
not everything goes perfectly of course (like a mistake with the mirrors) but it's really good for a ss, easy accept
sometimes does some overkill hits, but that's somewhat tricky to avoid sometimes
he gets some bad luck with the ic too, but it doesn't cost all that much time and it's unavoidable
he falls off the bear some too but not much, and it's really hard to do
i think a couple times he could have prevented it without losing time though, like going left instead of right around a tree when left has more room
sometimes he forgoes the bear entirely when it would help, but it's trickier, this is a ss after all
it is profoundly weird that there's this one cutscene in the middle you can't skip
this game really needs an option to turn off the battle song cutting in, a lot of good songs are missed due to that heh
he generally knows what he's doing and executes well, including parries that most people go through the game without learning how to do
he could probably parry more against some bosses but it's ss and tricky
good usage of flute like to null magic
good idea to add element enchantments at certain points, they help a lot
once he gets +200, it's all over, this poor boss dies in like 2 secs
sometimes i do wonder if doing so many is worth it though, especially for the whole team
the way he buys just a ton of cure and life items near the beginning and just happens to end the game with almost exactly none of them is hilarious and awesome
like, he literally ends with zero life potions, with no other way to revive anyway
nice optimizations like starting to open a door, then using the 1-2 secs before it finishes opening to change his equipment
nice tricks like grouping enemies by luring them to a doorway
that tidal wave fight as absolutely insane, i never thought of the trick he uses
i also didn't know you could attack the boss spider until it came out
i was surprised the shadow fight where you're forced to use aya and edward went so well, since he never used them
for shadow fights, he always just plays the flute and lets his teammates handle them
this makes some sense when he has gustav, or the very first one where it's just some guy who's really easy, not some boss
but he could probably speed things up by using that one move where you can link with an ally, it lets you hit those shadows
since it ups your stats too, it can be useful elsewhere where he does the damage and not gustav, such as boss spider
so maybe he could link with komachi there if he's still going to bring her (more on that later)
aya is a lot weaker and lower leveled, but she can also kill spiderwebs, and linking with her provides fire element which is strong vs that boss
also going inside the final boss's lightning move is really cool
he knew all the little stuff like how you can skip elevator cg
obviously all the big stuff like run faster with your sword sheathed, bear riding as fastest mode of movement, 4-hit combo is most efficient, cutting gavotte is highest dps
there is a small trick i don't think he uses, only saves a fraction of a second but is easy to execute and looks badass
when you have to go through gates or doors that take time to open like in kolton, if you connect with someone then release them back in front of you
then if you time this correctly, they can open the gate for you and you don't have to wait for it to open yourself
biggest route mistake is in the forest, it's small on the grand scale of things but it's something
fastest route from kolton to halgita through the forest is east until you need to go south, go all the way until you warp, then warp immediately again, then south
on foot it's only slightly faster than no warps (which is what he does), but it is easier, so no drawbacks, and you won't fall off gustav this way like what happens to him
fastest route from halgita to kolton is north until branch, then east to warp, then west, this saves a lot of time over warpless
i don't really agree with his killing those spiders later actually either
it's to setup komachi to burn down the spiderwebs (which is really the only reason why he brings her), but you can just run into the spiderwebs instead
although, you would still need to bring someone since gustav can't use items to unparalyze you afterwards
or, and i remember trying this but i don't remember if it works, he could get some kind of anti-paralysis accessory or enchantment or something perhaps
then he could ride gustav, wouldn't need to kill spiders, wouldn't need to wait to burn down webs, etc
i've never actually played on easy but it looks so ridiculous
the difficulty settings make an absolutely huge difference in this game
like the first fight that takes him 1-2 secs is considered near impossible on very hard
on easy, like you can just run in a straight line and eat the damage
you can even run right into traps and not die (he does this when it's faster)
he could be better at evading arrows but it doesn't matter much from a time perspective
he stays above the curve and gets constant situation bonuses
his team formations are well thought-out and hilarious
like main dude + bear only, main dude + 3 healers, etc
i don't get how he splits his b and c teams sometimes though, even though it really doesn't matter
like why use say balbagan over serafina
anyway all in all great job

Quote:
Verifier: it's really good, obviously being a single segment run bad stuff happens from time to time
Verifier: and there's one part where I didn't understand why he was killing guys
Verifier: but for the most part, really well planned and executed the whole time
Verifier: also there's a cutscene he doesn't skip but I'm pretty sure the game counter doesn't count cutscenes
Verifier: and it's like 15 seconds long anyway
Verifier: nothing looks not legit, at least once kevin told me it was on easy it made total sense lol
Verifier: at the very beginning I was like "what, do you really do 100 damage at the beginning of the game, I don't remember that"

Quote:
Overall I thought it was a very good run.  The A/V quality was good.  If I could read Japanese I'm sure I would've been able to know what everything said.  No signs of cheating either.  The runner obviously knew a lot about the game and it was well planned.

I didn't have any problems with it being in Japanese since I was familiar with it and could follow the storyline.  Well all the cutscenes except for one were skipped but I knew where he was going next.  For someone who hasn't played it they could enjoy the fast boss fights.

I'll have a hard time seeing if there's any possible improvements.  It's an excellent run, but I'm worried I only think that because I don't know enough about it to notice any flaws.  No obvious major mistakes in the run I could see.  Maybe a slight menu error on occasion but nothing costing more then a second each time.  Sometimes he got hit, and a few characters were knocked out on occasion, but unless you get perfect execution and luck it'll be tough to improve.

It's an easy accept for me.  Let me know if I missed anything and you'd like more info.

Decision: Accept

Reason: "Only you can prevent forest fires." - Smokey the Bear
Thread title:  
Whoa, another single-segment run of an RPG ... very cool  Grin

I really enjoyed this game.  I think I'll have to watch the run.
ow
Under 3 hours? Dayum. Post this pl0x.