List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Shouldn't exist Wink

Chris Ferguson's run of the PAL version

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I approve of both the audio and visual quality of this, while a bit grainy everything is clear and noticeable.

One thing I notice you reset really early on during stage 3, I imagine that will be cut from the final video? At least I'd assume so...

Stage 1 goes off without a hitch, no stopping at all and very good use of the health power ups to get through quickly.

Stage 2 is just as well planned with good use of the speed boots, you also manage to squeeze in that silly butt slide that's always fun.

Stage 3, very nice use of the plane to boost yourself higher, great use of the butt slide to dodge the planes and overall very nice dodging throughout the level. I still have no idea what "NO Lawn Bowling" means, but I suppose I'd better not ask with this silly game.

That's an interesting "blend" of tactics on that first boss. Very fast fight.

The bonus stage doesn't go too bad. Minor mistakes hitting the walls and stuff but it's not run ending nor does it even cost a lot of time.

Stage 4 is pretty impressive, the tip about jumping on most of the slopes is really neat. Can't help but laugh at the bloated Crash Dummy power up every time.

Stage 5, impressive work with the rotating wrenches. I know how hard it can be to use them sometimes but you handle it well. Getting caught on the ledge for a sec was the only flaw, but again it was incredibly small wasting maybe a half second if that.

Boss 2, wow you just kinda destroyed this guy. Crappy luck with the boss jumping but it happens with random AI. Cool little slide on the spikes at the end.

Bonus 2, I hate that bulldozer thing. I swear the hitbox is way bigger than the car's. Only one wall hit, which is impressive for that hitbox.

Stage 6, this area is what I conside the BS zone. Without tons of memorization these levels are hard. Naturally you just charge through.

Stage 7, I just can't get over the music in this area. I'm also dubbing the Crash Dummy as Stumpy at this point cause he's always a little hopping nub near the end of these stages it seems.

Stage 8, Naturally they chose the most annoying section of the game to have 3 areas. This level was confusing and annoying to me, I can't imagine how long it took you to make a route for this one. Good job overall.

Boss 3 is just "plane" dumb. You totalled him in 11 seconds flat.

As if they didn't annoy you enough with the first two hitboxes in a bonus level they throw you in a giant tank, yeesh. Only one hit taken at the end.

The Junk Fort, I hate this place so much. So many little traps and things that can go wrong, I must say this is easily the most impressive level of the run, there are multiple occasions where it comes down to one hit left.

Final boss, this is why you don't mix Transformers and Crash Dummies. I don't even know that the thing got a chance to attack.

Quite a literal boot to the head in that last cutscene. Overall a fantastic run for a very silly and pretty bad game in my opinion, very little time could be shaved off of this so I am going to say that I accept this run.

Quote:
checked the clock, the score, the lives - all good!

no signs of cheating!

--------

1-1
very straightforward level. since taking damage doesn't slow you down, this stage seems to be done just as fast as possible.

1-2
same here!

1-3
nothing to complain here. the jumps are all well timed and no time is lost on the moving platforms.

boss 1
one wrench misses, the remaining three don't get a chance to be thrown effectively. since jumping does more damage anyway, this segment is done just fine!

bonus 1
this is bad, really bad! runner crashes 3 times! why jump off so late? why didn't the runner practice this part on an emulator or make himself a map of the level will all the obstacles marked? though only a few seconds are lost here, i don't understand why this part was taken so lightly.

2-1
clean run, no mistakes here! jumps are precise, enemies are taken out right in time and small pauses are comprehensible.

2-2
that small mistake after deflating isn't too bad, especially since it was almost necessary to avoid ruining the whole run. only very little time lost here.

boss 2
three jumps missed due to the random movement of the boss. nonetheless a clean defeat, no major mistakes spotted.

bonus 2
only one mistake this time, which is okay. the crash however could have been avoided by studying the map.

3-1
very straightforward level. no hang-ups, all good!

3-2
no mistakes here! runner just had to avoid the pits and make it to the end of the level in one piece, i guess.

3-3
... =)

boss 3
very quick kill, good!

bonus 3
the singe mistake at the very end doesn't really slow him down.

4-1
very well done! spotted a slight hang-up at 3:22, bit that doesn't seem too bad.

final boss
clean and fast kill, very nice!

--------

conclusion:
considering how abnormally difficult (and bad) this game is, any speedrun of it should be accepted right away! regardless of the major slip-ups made in the first bonus round, i give this an ACCEPT, since everything else is done just fine. nice speedrun after all, loved to watch!

Quote:
A/V: good, no issues.

Right from the start... I miss this music, and the sound effects

Stage 01: Not much to say. Easy run and gun stage.

Stage 02: Again, same as the first. I do like the slide for not getting hit by the second falling car.

Stage 03: Now it is looking like a game. Nice skip at the start. Nice planning and I also like the sliding for avoiding damage. Very consistent.

Stage 04: Nice getting the boss onto a loop for a fast kill.

Stage 05: 3 hits. Hard to no get hit. Btw, I want the Inspector Gadgets car so I can hope over things...

Stage 06: Overall good, I think there is some room for improvement though, but not much. Very good precision jumps near the end. I think that last one he could have made it onto the platform by jumping from the second to last elevated platform instead of waiting for the last one. I could be wrong.

Stage 07: Almost missed an easy jump. But possibly this stage is the highlight of the run. Very very well done.

Stage 08: A lil uncooperative boss, but still done well.

Stage 09: Only hit once, better than before. And this time it was a lil bit bigger vehicular.

Stage 10: Another run and gun stage. Well timed with the jumps.

Stage 11: Came rather close to dieing, but the runner has it all under control.

Stage 12: LOL, the runner humped a missile... Oh and no time lost due to missile humping.

Stage 13: Again, nice boss kill.

Stage 14: Hit the very last one... But I gotta say this was a bit unfair. Rather hard to see what your suposta jump over with it blending so well into the background.

Stage 15: A second lost for jumping where the runner could have just drooped. I understand what the runner is trying to so, but he was just jumping too late go gain the falling speed boost to save time.

Stage 16: Yet another quick boss kill.

Overall, some time lost, but nothing to really consider too much since it was about 2-3 seconds total. And I still stand that Stage 07 was really fun to watch.

Accept, mostly due to the missile humping in Stage 12

Decision: Accept

Reason: Missile humping, nuff said.
Thread title:  
train kept rollin
Thanks to the verifiers. I wish I had done better on the 1st bonus stage but the rest of the run (boss fights) went well enough to make up for it.