1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/HalfLife.html

Albin 'quadrazid' Sigby & Daniel 'rayv3x' Babik's Hazard Course run with scripts (one of the few games that still allows it)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Not much to say about this run.
Biggest improvements compared to the SS runs are abviously the assault rifle boosts, but there are many other smaller improvements too.
Some people might complain about this run being only 12 seconds faster than rayv3x' SS run, but I think that just shows how less room for improvements that run had.
I wouldn't know a reason to reject this run. Accepted.

Quote:
Both audio and video quality seems fine to me. The run delievers high quality performance, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be accepted.

Now the third verifier had some questions for the verifiers. So what I have is a I don't have the third verifier's verdict because I never received a response from the runners with his followup questions, sorry. Sad

Quote:
Send this to one of the runners, thanks.

At :31, why did the runner come to a dead stop after passing the door? At :41 couldn't he move back a little and start gaining speed a lot earlier? Same goes for the next door. At 1:07 he lost nearly a full second climbing the ladder. At 1:39 isn't it possible to curve around the rail and get clean into the next corridor? Later at the HEV dispenser, wouldn't it be faster to approach it from the side (while slowly moving towards the door), instead of the front? Next, after the ar boost, wouldn't it be better to take a larger curve for the last bunny hop (before the elevator door) and then take a sharp turn so you end pressing the second button a bit sooner? And after the last boost wouldn't it be possible to proceed into the tunnel on its right side, you know, the closer one?

Quote:
:31 keep the bhop under that door with that speed is impossible. To slide in under it without crashing, he had to slow down pretty much.
:41 That would be extremely hard in an already hard segment.
1:07 I'm not sure what you mean here. I doubt that its possible to skip the ladder completely with that speed. Might be possible if I had slowed down a bit, but it would be really hard, and probably not worth an extra segment.
1:39 The cage is very tight so the curve would end up to sharp. and there by lose speed compared to a fresh LJ.
@HEV charger. I could have kept some speed by tapping duck while recharging. But a few steps ahead and I would have crashed into the sign above the door.
I went straight to the first elevator button. The 2nd one can not be activated before the doors are fully open anyway.
After the last boost I had to line up my jumps that way in order to reach the trigger. I would have to compensate with a larger curve if i would go to right.

Quote:
:31 Yes, but the runner went under the door after slowing down a bit, not after stopping entirely (which he eventually did, nearly half a second later). Are you sure that even after slowing down it wouldn't be faster to keep the speed rather than to start a fresh bhop? Even if the latter is actually faster, why not at least spam jump under the door to get to a position from which you can bhop like way sooner?

:41 Ok. Adding an extra segment would end up being faster.

1:07 The runner didn't straighten his view in time while going up the ladder, so he eventually got launched straight up a bit - this is where time was lost.

Sorry if you felt attacked or something. I wouldn't be so picky if this wasn't a very short, segmented run.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a fast short run with no (easily) noticeable errors.
Thread title:  
train kept rollin
Quote:
Now the third verifier had some questions for the verifiers. So what I have is a I don't have the third verifier's verdict because I never received a response from the runners with his followup questions, sorry. Sad

Do you mean questions for the runners?
just a little note: the HL page should be edited to mention that all previous hazard course runs are SS.

Quote:
:31 Yes, but the runner went under the door after slowing down a bit, not after stopping entirely (which he eventually did, nearly half a second later). Are you sure that even after slowing down it wouldn't be faster to keep the speed rather than to start a fresh bhop? Even if the latter is actually faster, why not at least spam jump under the door to get to a position from which you can bhop like way sooner?

:41 Ok. Adding an extra segment would end up being faster.

1:07 The runner didn't straighten his view in time while going up the ladder, so he eventually got launched straight up a bit - this is where time was lost.

Sorry if you felt attacked or something. I wouldn't be so picky if this wasn't a very short, segmented run.

none of us felt for commenting this things. i mean, which run is perfect on this site?
this things is minimal, if we'd put some extra segments we would only gain about 0,5sec for each new segment. then the SDA 0,5sec penality comes in and shave off that time again. "SDA time" would not be lower with more segments to fix thoose things that the verifyer mentions. anyone is welcome to prove me wrong with a run that beats this one.

Quote:
At 1:07 he lost nearly a full second climbing the ladder.

the first thing that came to my mind was a style that timeh's TAS run later showed:
i tried this a bit but did not succeed, realtime ofc. but thats a style to use for any future runs to save time :>
boss
I don't feel like putting any extra segments is necessary to squeeze in these improvements. Considering how little time you saved over the ss run, that would be, at least, an additional 25% save. I only wanted to point out things you could improve with little to no effort before pushing the run to be published, but I would've accepted the run as it is anyway. Turns out you're just lazy.

verifier #3
The Dork Knight himself.
Quadrazid: do you mean taking ladders sideways? You just keep the ladder at your shoulder and strafe into it while holding forward.