Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page:  Doesn't exist yet

SS easy run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Hello

No signs of cheating or script use was found although one could suspect so seeing as his bunnyhop is most excellent! I've seen the runner play live at LANs & in races (speedrunslive). The timing starts when the player gains controll (at 0:04) and ends when he gets teleported away (at 29:11).

The gameplay is excellent, small errors are to be expected in a high execution game like this one. The most impressive feat (for me) was how the runner skipped the Grapple & general movement throughout the game. The runner has since completing the run found a consistant way in a single-segment to get past the crashed helicopter without turning off the electricity (at 1:20) which would save around 13 seconds.

Definitive YES vote from me, I am hoping to see more high quality Half-Life single-segment runs like this one in the future!

Quote:
I just watched it again to make sure, and I paid special attention to all tricks used.
This run surely didn't use any cheats, I am personnally able to explain and perform all the tricks used. If you want any more information on a particular trick just ask me.
As for using scripts, no scripted action was made (such as a triggerdelay) because they are very easy to notice. as for other scipts just as the bhop script, I am 99% sure it didn't use any, because I could often hear some extra footsteps (just like he said in description) during the bhop, proving it's been done manually, and no particularly quick button pressing is to be seen (a least not faster than what a humn can do manually) so I would say this speedrun is completely clean.
It's lso been through the entire game withtout any unlegit skips.

5 stars.

Quote:
Hiya

After watching this run for 20-some times, normal speed and slow-mo, I have come to a conclusion that Quadrazids bunnyhopping is not perfect and the pattern his imperfectness follows doesn't appear to be consistent, I have no reason to suspect scripts(or any cheats) have been used to produce this.

Execution of the run is absolutely brilliant, you can see small human errors here and there, which makes this run more entertaining than some of those new highly segmented and scripted TAS-like runs, watching this makes you think there has been a human actually playing this.

Verdict: Accepted

Reason: It's a seriously fast legitimate run and deserves a spot at SDA.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Albin 'quadrazid' Sigby!
Thread title:  
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote:
you can see small human errors here and there, which makes this run more entertaining than some of those new highly segmented and scripted TAS-like runs, watching this makes you think there has been a human actually playing this.
I'm glad someone enjoyed the flaws, because I certainly don't! ;>
You can stream the run from here.

Thanks for accept.
Congrats Smiley No-scripts runs for life!
Edit history:
Pootrain: 2012-05-03 03:44:10 pm
train kept rollin
It will be nice to see a complete HL page once again. Congrats.
Sandbagging
Awesome run quad Smiley
Visit my profile to see my runs!
This run was crazy sex.  Very impressive for single segment without scripts.  Loved the on-the-fly use of saw gun boost.

So quick question from someone who should probably know more about Half-Life, considering how many speedruns I watch of it: What are the little skips that happen occasionally that pause the game and cause the player's position to have shifted ever so slightly?  Examples:  1:05, 1:10, 1:48, 3:21, 4:51, 8:15, 11:47, 12:02, 19:05, 21:08, 21:48, 21:10, 23:34, 26:33.  I assume they are pauses while the game loads the next map, but I thought I'd ask because it seems like the player's position changes much of the time.  Thanks
So I finally watched the whole run, and all I can say is: AFMAZING! Never even played this game but I found all the tricks really cool and the the bunnyhopping reminds me of Quake speedrunning, except with more scripted events. Good job, and I hope you'll do HL + BS too 8)