Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/GrandTheftAutoVC.html

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V: Excellent
Cheating: none

It's been a while since I've seen a stream of this game, and apparently quite a few new tricks have been fully exploited.

I'll let the run speak for itself. Super fast, very accurate, and the amount of mistakes in this run are so small you could miss them if you blink. I can't even begin to guess how much time can still be saved with the current route.

Overall it is a HUGE improvement to the run currently on the site. Very easy Accept.

Quote from LotBlind:
Well, needless to say, this is the result of a long journey as evidenced by the abundance of new strategies and glitches and things. Lots of runners around so I could only anticipate a high order of professionalism. That's exactly what this is and I'm glad we get to frame it and place it on the wall where it belongs.

accept

On a personal level though, I felt sort of cheated by the lack of any comments. This run is not one that can do without those. Even a few basics like: "Here's how the replay trick works in broad terms", "Here's how the Cherry skip works" would have prevented this feeling of alienation that certainly detracted from the viewing experience. I found a recent description of the route on speedruns.com - a slightly edited version of that would have worked fine!

You have to think about your audience that little bit guys if you don't wanna seem aloof or negligent... But hey maybe the runner is a non-English speaker or something.

Quote from Efreeti:
A/V: Nice high resolution, good quality, good sound
No cheating suspected

The duping in this run is extremely well pulled off, timing is perfect. A little bad luck with a runner on the Guardian Angels mission, and getting run over by a biker during Bar Brawl, but only seconds lost each time. Those are the biggest losses I can see. Very well done

Accept!

Quote:
A/V is fine. No cheating detected.

This run is significantly faster than the currently hosted PC SS run due to the use of a replay glitch which allows for duping missions and also for transporting across the city. The gameplay is very good and the game is pretty nice to the runner.

I accept this run for publication. However, I believe this may be a good time to either rebrand the current SS run as "PC Single Segment without dupes/no large skips" and call this one the PC Any% SS run (this would prevent confusion with the GTA community's category labeling) or call this run Any% with Large Skips (or Duping) and keep the other run where it is. I think that the replay glitch/duping removes enough content to warrant separate categories, though I can also see this one simply obseleting the current SS run. Either way, publish it.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Mhmd_FVC'!
Thread title:  
Congrats =DDDD