List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Now i watched the run and then in spirit of proper SDA i went back and tried to beat this. It was more or less a failure for a few reasons but in those reasons i dont think that this run is where it needs to be. I'm pretty sure its beatable by a few seconds with only a bit more optimization

Going into the bedroom when you first get up the stairs i'm sure would save at least 1s of mouse movement! The open bedroom's areas are better suited and less mouse drift will occur.
So it'd go Bedroom - Bathroom -> continue on.

Also i find he doesn't click fast enough when it comes to entering the #'s into the boxes. this is speed demos archive not safe crackers archive.. a bit faster..

I'm going to say reject, i wanna see ~1:05... thats where i think this needs to be. Feel free to respond with proof of how this can't be.

Quote:
When I first beat this game and then signed up to verify this run, I told Uyama "I hope this has fast clicking!". Guess what? It doesn't.

Video and audio seems fine. Unless I'm missing something, a lot of the movements in this incredibly short run can be done much more quickly. I re-opened the game just in case I was wrong about the cursor speed in-game, and I'm using a regular Dell laser pointer mouse that in general seems to go slower than the mouse I'm used to playing games with. My movements in-game still go slightly faster than those of the runner. Also in the parts where all you do is click (no movement involved), which are mainly entering number combinations, the clicks do not go even close to as fast as I'd expect them to. The runner doesn't seem to understand that in a point n click game, the entire point of the run is to make the points and the clicks as optimal as possible, especially when you're barely playing for 1 minute. Everything must be COMPLETE muscle memory for something like this to have an acceptable run for SDA, to the point where you're just flicking the mouse to where it needs to go instead of dragging it at all. There is a very brief bit of hesitation you can sense in everything that's done in the run, even though the runner obviously knows exactly what they want to click next in every instance. The general route of the run seems fine as far as I can tell, although I honestly didn't put too much thought into it since I had already decided to reject this based on how slow things were being done. Can this run break the 1 minute mark? That I don't know about, it'd be tough. I think that a number of seconds could easily be cut off though, and doing so would make this run actually look impressive enough for SDA.

Rejected because the runner clearly didn't spend enough time getting the run down to a flick n click instead of a somewhat speedy point n click. It's too bad the Myst run exists as a precedent for this genre, because otherwise I might've been a bit more lax about this.

Quote:
My initial impression was that this run was pretty impressive. Watching again I noticed a few places where the runner fumbled a little, particularly trying to grab the crowbar a couple seconds in, which looks bad. The runner also sometimes scrolls sideways farther than necessary. In many areas the mouse movement could be a bit faster, but there's a limit to how quickly you can move between areas, so there's not as much time to be saved as it seems. Entering the combinations seemed OK to me. Sustained clicking can be faster, but for a precise number of clicks it seemed like a good speed. It might be better to grab the ladder on the first visit to the kitchen so the mouse can stay on the back button on the way out (but maybe not due to the limit). I tried running the game myself and was not able to get close to this time. So overall I vote accept, although the runner could probably do marginally better with enough practice.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Mouse movement needs to be tighter and planning needs to be a little better.

The run will be available for a month. PM me for a link.
Thread title: