List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Segment 1: Minor mistakes, but acceptable.

Segment 2: Not the greatest of combat, but you have to wait for the dialogue to complete to continue on anyway, so no problems.

Segment 3: Some movement could be improved, but it was made up for by good grenade placement.

Segment 4: Wastes a little time going for the last guy that the NPCs get, but the runner is correct in his comments that you cannot trust the NPCs so going for him is understandable and acceptable.

Segment 5: Went well, nothing really to say about it.

Segment 6: slight problem jumping the barrier at the start, but didn't cause too much. First grenade could have been tossed a little earlier. the last emergence hole could have been faster with a long grenade throw (hard, yes, but possible).

Segment 7: good segment

Segment 8: hard segment to do fast, but went really well.

Segment 9: Nice to have that guy throw you his shotgun! nice luck there.

Segment 10: no need for the troika when you have grenades! went well minus the pistol whip.

Segment 11: quick to pick up that ammo before the cutscene, nice. more waiting on NPCs, nothing can be done to speed that up. Can't kill the wretch till the cutscene. Strat is really good here.

Segment 12: nice slides to get to the door way early (this is the fastest method of travel but is CRAZY hard to get right everywhere).

Segment 13: got stuck for a second, but a lucky slide into cover helped make up for it.

Segment 14: didn't you hear them? get on those troikas! segment could have been a little faster, but as the runner says, it would take a LOT of luck manipulation.

Segment 15: goes REALLY well. there is a short sound distortion during the loading screen after the berserker, but nothing too bad.

Segment 16: little slow on getting the boomer ammo, but they were taken out really fast.

Segment 17: minor errors inside, but not too bad.

Segment 18: I think that fight at the start could go better with luck, but other then that, good segment.

Segment 19: arent you supposed to use that car for cover? the hole could have been close a little faster without having to kill those guys, but not much time lost, maybe a second or 2. gotta hate those walking sections for speedruns, but the dialogue is at least a bit funny

Segment 20: Here's where some time is lost from earlier. He picks up the Boomers weapons and only uses 3 shots, so he only needed to pick one of the guns (they had 3 and 4 shots), so he lost several seconds from that. I'm listing that now because here is where he trades it for the rifle. Also, the kryll can fly through walls?

Segment 21: Who needs dom? good segment

Segment 22: So NOW you use the car! seriously though, i think the car could have been pushed a little less. The kryll would only barely touch you, so you should be fine. Slight video pause at 39:50, not sure if that is due to him running forward triggering too much loading or recording. but doesn't last more then a second

Segment 23: I guess the developers never intended for you to run down while dom gets the lights. funny to see the camera fly through the building.

Segment 24: you only need the left side of the wardrobe to get through, but dom needs you to get the whole thing for whatever reason. that part went a little slow.

Segment 25: I think the fight could have been faster, but only by a few seconds.

Segment 26: audio click near the start. this segment is actually how i played it. I never saw much use for the UV turret.

Segment 27: not to sure what to think about this segment. I can't get it faster, but it seems as though you can do it faster.

Segment 28: Some of the Sniper shots took a little too long to aim, but other then the boomer hit, nothing wrong.

Segment 29: slightly glitchy video towards the end, but not too bad

Segment 30: no comments

Segment 31: good segment, no comments

Segment 32: the NPCs helped for once.

Segment 33: just a bunch of runnin' and a little fightin'

Segment 34: although a short segment, well worth the breaks. getting past those drones without killing them is pretty hard.

Segment 35: what the runner describes about the corpser fight is valid.  it's not all that hard to do.

Segment 36: I can see a little bit of improvement here, but not much.

Segment 37: Boomers? what boomers? beginning fight went as well as it could.

Segment 38: good segment

Segment 39: minor errors

Segment 40: fast fight, good segment, gets around the berserker nice and quietly.

Segment 41: good segment

Segment 42: the timer for the hammer resets to 1 minute here and goes offline where he ends the segment, so the segment breaks were fine since he wouldn't be able to use that extra time anyway.

Segment 43: audio gets a little quieter during part of this segment, but not by much

Segment 44: good segment

Segment 45: good strat

Segment 46: few minor errors

Segment 47: boomer shot costs a second, but that's about it

Segment 48: good segment

Segment 49: good segment

Segment 50: good segment with minor errors

Segment 51: good segment

Segment 52: decent segment

Segment 53: only the hit by the boomer caused any time. the graphical glitch happens on occasion. it does not effect gameplay or cost time.

Segment 54: audio click during the fight. otherwise good segment.

Segment 55: backtracked for ammo (to be used much later and really could have been skipped). I think this segment could have been faster.

Segment 56: runners comments about the berserker are correct.

Segment 57: good segment

Segment 58: good segment

Segment 59: minor error

Segment 60: good fight, although it could have gone slightly faster had all the torq bow active reloads been perfect.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Very well executed run. Although there are minor errors, there aren't enough to warrant a reject. Improvements are possible, but this is still an incredible run! Good job Youkai!

Quote:
audio: good
video: good

the first verifyer was able to mention everything that i wanna say, kinda bummed that i didn't submit first cause he makes some great valid points. i had mentioned how my audio was off throughout the whole game but he assured me it was fine concidering he had no problems, must have had to of been me and my lovly comp lol
so what i will say is that this is a great run specially for gears of war, i liked the hammer of dawn trick when you first get it..so nice id say.  some places you could have been able to get better one peice but then again you have to watch for your health so i feel it works out and kinda cancels out specially when there is like  10 guys in a room and you have to go fast and kill them all to activate the next area as soon as possible.
im gonna go ahead and accept this!! congrats

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to William 'Youkai' Welch!
Thread title:  
Yeay! Woot woot. Make sure to check out the audio commentary when this run gets up. It's pretty good lol.
Woo! it got posted, congrats Youkai!!  I can't wait for the commentary!
Gonna Stab a Doc......
congratz on the run
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
This is going to be a well anticipated speed run...  Can't wait to see the run and to see if GoW2 will be the next one to be dismantled...

Congrats Youkai!
Weegee Time
Looking forward to seeing this run as well!
Quote from MAS8705:
Can't wait to see the run and to see if GoW2 will be the next one to be dismantled...
Actually Insane difficulty of Gears 1 is next and it's now complete. Anybody that's ever been torn apart by Insane difficulty is in for a real treat Smiley Gonna play Gears 3 and take a break from running for a little bit. Not sure what my next project will be but I suppose there is a good chance it will be Gears 2
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
My My, you really do want to rip Gears of War a new one huh?

Granted I know that GoW3 was released on Tuesday, so I'm sure any GoW fan will be understanding if you take a break playing that game...  For all we may also know, you could very well submit a GoW3 Speed run before you actually do GoW2...

Like I always say, Time will tell...
My original plan was to do an Insane run. I just did the Casual run to practice. Now I know better lol. If I do another gears run I'll do 2 next and I'll start with casual. If I'm feeling particularly masochistic at that point I'll do an Insane run of that before moving to 3.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Alright Youkai, the run was finally verified!  Dude, I am sooo excited to see this thing up on the site soon.  And then the insane run will be ... insane.  *Stares up at his English BA nailed to his bedroom wall with pride*

Congratulations!!!
please do an insane run of 2!