Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented Insane any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:

Well... Shit...

What the hell am I suppose to say about this run?  I mean, it is crazy enough as it is that I am finally going to get to verify a run from this runner (and I am a big fan of his last submitted run) but to verify a game like this on what is believed to be an impossible (or insane) difficulty?  Well, all I have to say is this will set up how GoW2 and possibly GoW3 will probably look like on SDA that day we finally see it.

Now I haven't seen the Casual Speed run for Gears of War, so I haven't seen the runner's "Rambo Mode" yet, but I can imagine it was very impressive considering how the runner quickly runs through the stages avoiding gun fire.  Much like what the runner said, in insane mode, you are tissue paper; you will die fast if you make any mistakes.  I admit that I never have been able to make it through insane.

Needless to say that the runner did a great job with taking out enemies and moving through the area fast.  Noticeable mention to the beserker fight the runner was able to get the beserker through the building fast, getting 10 active reloads with the sniper rifle in one fight, and of course manipulating Raam to stand still.

I would love to go into a big details about the run, but really there isn't anything else for me to say.  The commentary explains everything happening so there really isn't any times I found myself confused while watching the run.

Might as well just say it, if this run was this "smooth" on insane, I can't wait to see his casual run.  In fact, I'll hassle ask the runner if I can see it later.

P.S.:  Tiki I believe still holds the record for "most colorful commentary," even if you were cussing throughout your whole commentary...

Accept...

Quote:
Comments:
There is a lot of solid play and very fast strategies used.  There's a good amount of sticking to walls, but the Dive/Run button is the same as the Cover button (You can't change that in Gears 1, you can in Gears 2 and 3), so it's going to happen and it didn't cause too much time.  There are some things mentioned in the commentary about the active reloaded sniper kills in one shot, and that's something that should have been tested a lot earlier then the end of Act IV.  Even still, the window for that active reload is as small as they say.  Also, it was found out later that you can shoot the Berserkers while they glow red to damage them more.  Some sections look as though they are slow, but anyone who has attempted to play this game on single player on Insane should think that those sections are really fast.  It is very difficult to beat this game on insane difficulty, let alone in under 2 hours.  Audio and video are fine, no reason to reject the run, easy Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to William 'Youkai' Welch!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Youkai: 2012-04-26 10:42:13 am
Youkai: 2012-04-26 10:41:48 am
Don't know what to speedrun :(
Nice. I'm glad this was accepted. I was worried Wink

P.S. Did I curse that much in the commentary? LOL I forgot about that. I'm sure the commentary on my revisit will have some choice words as well since that one is going to be MUCH more difficult and take a lot longer to complete.
I don't remember there being much, except I believe in Act III you stated that there wasn't enough cussing.  Been a while since we recorded the commentary so I don't really remember.