--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-11-18 10:00:23 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FZeroX.html

Wouter M. 'WMJ' Jansen's ILs (including 64DD) and Death Race run.

Verifier Responses

Quote:
nice to see these being submitted (even though i won't be on the FZX page anymore now lol)

here's my comments of them:

"another day, another set of F-Zero X ILs. as usual, there will be some crazy stuff here to check out. i'll give comments per track:

Big Blue 3: the longest track of the game, so by default you spend lots of time just for a decent time. there was a bad landing entering lap 3 and some rail scraps but overall it was good since this is a level that makes your hand fall off. dying at the very end is always fun.

Big Foot: no, it isn't the monster since no one can actually see it but this track is easy to see. this track is the only one where drunk driving is encouraged since railsliding all over the place and using recoils is the fastest way to get through it. blame those short foot fingers.

Devil's Forest 4: this track would be better themed if it was named Red Canyon 3 but whatever. the run was good and a recoil slide is used for a faster slide on lap 1. lap 3 is a bit weak because of a sloppy slide and a mess up in the very last corner. overall it is a good record.

Devil's Forest 5: multiply this by 3 and you get pr0n!... this is one of the cleanest levels of the game because of it's simplicity but overall it doesn't look like a good showcase of the game because it is mostly just good sliding and a few rail slides at the start.

Fire Field 2: this track is the best track of the game. the updated strat using a DT out of the pipe and AGG at the end of lap 1 helped a lot to reduce the time here but lap 3 had some rough spots like the pipe's zippers. it's not that bad but it can use some work.

Mute City 4: this doesn't feel like a mute city track at all. it should be named White Land 2-2. anyway, it's good to see someone who can DTD properly on a half pipe tackle this track. while not as fast as WL2, it still looks fast and interesting. the DTDs could be a bit stronger but what we have here is good.

Port Town 3: team Star Fox reporting in!... wait, wrong game. this is one of the few tracks were efficient energy management is above pure speed because of the limited refiller and track length.  the run is good overall but kinda falls apart near the last refiller but it still manages to escape real trouble.

Port Town 4: supposedly, this is one of the tracks that is based on a real life track but i haven't done proper research to confirm that. the run was quite good for the first 2 laps, mainly because of the AGG used to speed up the latter part of lap 1 but the end of lap 3 was bad. i think boosting later to not lose control would be better at that point and also, saves energy for a better boostslide at the final corner.

Silence 3: loook, a handgun! this track is quite special because it is both the only track where you NEED to brake to not die at the start of the loops and the only track leftw here jumper settings are still faster than slider settings. this run was quite good and very close to the actual WR (the other runs are almost all WRs though)

Sand Ocean 3: they see me loopin' they hatin' ... this track is similar to BB1 in some ways but has less violent breaks. it still has lots of speed after the 3rd cylinder loop. some landings weren't that optimal but the pipe itself is hard to stay on properly.

Space Plant 2: home of the Space Pirates where they conduct their... oh wat, wrong again. this is another track that got a big upgrade because of the runner being capable of several techniques and having much more skill overall. lap 2 could have used some more boosting but overall it was pretty fast.

White Land 3: looks like Kirby crash landed here ona bigass ship. this track joins the ranks of WL1, SO3 and FF2 as one of the few tracks where the WR run doesn't use the refiller at all in the whole run. the runner also uses the track's features to his advantage to not rely on boost power for most of the run and make it last for both laps.

hm, looks like there's some ILs of non EK tracks there also...

Mute City 1: it was practically the same as the PAL run played on NTSC but the higher speed gives more "ooooomph!" overall. that 3000km/h dive feels very fast.

Fire Field flap: it was on PAL version but it still was very good. he missed one zipper but the speed was so high that the difference is very little.

Death Race: i don't really like this mode very much but this run was pretty good. he slams all the CPUs as fast as possible and doesn't waste chances. the last few were very nicely positioned for triple kills.

video/audio quality: as good as it gets from N64 games.

no cheating detected since all techs are known and they come off as expected. the EK tracks use custom cars because the car editor is another feature that comes with every EK and it is available for everyone who owns it. also, the best possible vehicle in the game is only possible with custom cars because you can assign the lightest weight and the pefect stats to one of these custom cars (weight = 780kg, stats = AAE)

decision: accept them all. the improvements are good across the board and the video quality is way better than the old vids currently up."

Quote:
The above verifier says it all better than I can. There's a better record for Death Race on cyberscore, so hopefully it will be improved some time in the future.

Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: Do I even need to explain? We're getting improvements over runs that are ridiculously good to be begin with.
Thread title:  
May I know the time of the Death Race?
Death Race isn't really my thing. The time was 36"719. I'll be the first to admist that this is the easiest record to improve on the whole F-Zero X page but I figured it's better than nothing.