List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
The player mentions a lot of "in case" in his comments, this got me worried of the bat, and as I suspected it does not feel like the player had much planned in the way of luck manipulation at all as he is "preparing" for all outcomes. In such a short run (a little over 16 minutes) it makes it look quite bad.

Unless I have completely missed something then according to my calculations the optimal clues are:
1. "Whale bones" / "near the beach"
2. "Junk yard"
3. "Caves"

This bottle setup only requires you to collect besides the bottles: the Unglowing shell (also trading it for a glowing shell) and a whale bone outside the ship area.

I'm having mixed feelings because it is really well executed even though it is not optimal... but in the end I am leaning towards a rejection.

Quote:
I would have gotten back to you sooner about this, but you know, it's a speedrun of a point-and-click kids game. I don't think this is a VIP that needs a review ASAP to see if it meets SDA standards. It's bad enough the runner didn't identify the version, because if the Wii version lets you skip the cutscenes and this runner didn't, he has serious problems and... Oh my god, a fish version of Putt Putt. Some more clicking... and hey, a crab voiced by some Billy Crystal wannabe. And now we have an eel that is willing to let all the fish die for no reason at all. GOD DAMN IT THE RUNNER SCREWED UP GIVING THE SANDWICH TO THE EEL. Then he makes us listen to that singing shark in the sunken ship. My precious ears.
I guess we can accept this, because it actually took more planning than Clue, but I think it's going to get a lot of shit from everyone here. As a precaution, the guy updating should give warning that this run should not be watched by anyone over the age of 8.

Quote:
Kinda just going to do this preliminarily while I wait to hear on the question I asked since I'm pretty sure I already know what the answer is. I'm pretty sure the runner used the PC version of the game judging from the quality of the game graphics, which gives no excuse as to why they didn't skip the cut scenes.

I didn't detect any cheating and the audio seemed fine.

However, I'll have to deny this run. The time that the runner lost since they did not skip cut scenes is too substantial for approval. The quality is not up to SDA's standards.

I asked the runner and he said he ran the PC version and you can't skip cutscenes. Below is the response the verifier gave me.

Quote:
Thats incorrect, I actually reinstalled the game to make sure. You can just hit escape to skip any cut scene. This can be verified by going to Humongous Game's FAQ page where they state that in any adventure game they've made you can skip cut scenes by hitting the escape key.

Decision: Reject

Reason: The runner failed to skip cutscenes, and the route he used might have been too safe for such a short game.

As always, PM me if you want to see this run.
Thread title:  
You got a deletion wish?
I have little memory about this game (not to mention that I don't have it on me either) but I have to agree with the verifiers.  I never knew you could skip the cutscenes and agree that failing to do so is a major turnoff.

I didn't volunteer to verify because this is the only Freddi Fish title I've played but couldn't remember if this was the one or not.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Is it wrong if I read the title and thought it was a game about Freddy Anderson, only with a slight misspelling of his name?
SEGA Junkie
Of course it is. Fish aren't attractive, it's proven by science!