List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented any%

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio and video are delightfully satisfactory. SUPER SWORD!!!

I was bored so I decided to spice up my comments with random stupidity. Deal with it Smiley

Chapter 1: Solid

Chapter 2: Extra spicy

Chapter 2x: Rescue chains give me a boner

Chapter 3 +1 for repair staff miss, +2 for another boner inducing rescue chain

Chapter 4: How come Lifis didn’t free Leaf & co on turn 2 (or was it turn 3)? Other than that everything is pretty sauce. I liked the vertical wall you set up with your characters at the end to ensure everyone can escape.

Chapter 5: Props on salvaging a good attempt on this nightmare chapter. There were quite a few little movement errors, though that’s forgivable for a 15 minute segment (as an FE speedrunner, I can’t keep up consistently fast cursor movement for more than 4-5 minutes). It was also humorous seeing Leaf dominating in combat.

Chapter 6: Segment worthy of 2 scoops of raisin bran (no complaints)

Chapter 7: What’s the purpose in Saphy healing Fin? Hp gain for more stamina? Aside from that, I witnessed adequate sauce factor.

Chapter 8: I’m voting “reject” because of insufficient Marty use. But seriously, 2 repair staff misses in 1 segment is incredible. That’s a 2.56% chance of success before all the other nonsense you have to deal with.

Chapter 9: DANGIT YOU LEFT MARTY BEHIND! This is a monumental fail of cataclysmic proportions. Why you continued the run from this point onwards is beyond me.

Chapter 10: Very strange seeing Fin maul a boss I’d normally obliterate with Asvel, though obviously you don’t have that option.

Chapter 11: Creamy pancakes and mouldy pineapple

Chapter 12: Saphy warps 2 men into the darkness, need I say more?

Chapter 12x: Only in Thracia could you recruit a boss and get a character promoted simultaneously. Not warping Leaf costs a lot of time but I suppose Tina is worth it.

Chapter 13: Another rescue chain dripping with sex appeal

Chapter 14: Rofl 15 def Mareeta, that’s over 6 points above her 20/1 average. You definitely turned her into a juggernaut. I have doubts about the finer details of your strategy, but upon reading the requirements for your Mareeta, I’ll keep my mouth shut.

Chapter 15: I wish I could fly on a dragon to work. The insurance must cost a fortune though. Seriously, this was over before I blinked.

Chapter 16: Overflowing with high density sauce

Chapter 17: Luminescent popcorn

Chapter 18: I approve of the double crit. What a tasty morsel.

Chapter 19: Run away my little peons of justice!

Chapter 20: Why does Nana capture an enemy? Also, I disagree with your comment about Othin: he’s a beast even without scrolls. Anyway, you handled this chapter really well, I’m surprised how many reinforcements you blocked.

Chapter 21: Hula hoop potato

Chapter 21x: How diabolical of you to steal 2 warp staves at range! It cost a lot of time to move all those prisoners out of siege tome distance, I question whether it was really worth it.

Chapter 22: The throne generates a magnetic field that spontaneously forms a wormhole in the fabric of space-time

Chapter 23: Honestly it’s disturbing seeing Leaf combat this well. He must dreaming of a blue haired protagonist who wields the ragnell.

Chapter 24: Not sure why Tina puts 2 mages to sleep. More importantly, Leidrick gets 1RKOed by his own mercenary, that’s how bad*** Galzus is.

Chapter 25: WTF at letting 2 characters die? You’re lucky I’m one of the few FE players who doesn’t care about that so much. I know plenty of people who would find this unacceptable. Aside from that, props on even making it past this hellish chapter.

Conclusion: Accept. The planning seems rock solid for the most part, though it’s hard to judge without going through the chapters myself. As for the execution, it could be better but I’ll give Molotov credit. First, FE5’s menus are much clunkier to navigate than more recent FEs, which makes most actions appear slower than I’m used to. Second, he goes through luck manipulation hell to get the segments he does, so in that sense I’m amazed he doesn’t turn into a nervous wreck by the end of his segments. Speaking of luck manipulation, Molotov clearly has some loose screws in his noggin, because he pulls some surreal odds that border on the territory of TAS only. Seriously, nobody’s asking you to manipulate repair staff misses to produce an acceptable run, that’s just self-torture Smiley

Oh, and it cannot be emphasized enough. SUPER SWORD!!!

Quote:
Video: Good.
Audio: Good.
Cheating: Doubt it.

First of all, props to the runner for running Fire Emblem: Thracia 776! I know it's not FE12 on Lunatic Reverse, but the difficulty of this game CANNOT be understated. The maps and enemies are brutal, the number of strong reinforcements are insane, and to top it off, the game has a freaking FATIGUE system so you can't just use the same characters all the time! My favorite map is not in this run, it is the extra chapter towards the end of the game where there are tons of unmarked spaces that will teleport the unfortunate unit that steps on one to a literal RAPE ROOM. This game is troll like that.

Anyways, considering how the fatigue system limits everyone besides Leaf and also given that this game just LOVES to capture your units, I was interested to see how the runner would space character usage and how he would manage to keep people in his party without wasting lots of time. Much to my amusement, however, the runner's policy of "Do I need you? No? Have fun being a POW," which applied to 80% of the cast, ended up working out just fine.

Also, staves are so top tier in this game it hurts. Long live staves.

Highlights:

Chapter 5: This chapter made me laugh my ass off. Leaf looked like a total badass in this chapter. I can only imagine how many attempts this took, because Leaf is NOT the type of unit to be soloing maps. He's pretty damn mediocre in this game outside of his apparently INHUMAN cardio (only unit that never gets fatigued, evidently Leaf doesn't have time to be bothered with trivial things like sleep).

Chapter 14: (The following is a transcript of Leaf's debriefing prior to the mission)
Leaf: Alright, we will be assaulted by a massive army, and the number of reinforcements are unknown. The size of this army is unlike anything we have seen before, and it is very likely we will be overwhelmed unless a very precise strategy is put into motion. So here is the plan: We shall be put into two teams. Team A shall consist of myself, Othin, Fin, and the vast majority of our forces. Team B shall consist of Mareeta.
Mareeta: ...
Leaf: Now then, Team B shall advance into the very middle of the action. Team B will be assaulted on all sides by highly skilled heavy armors carrying various types of weapons, sages, ballistas, and there may eventually be wyvern knights coming from the south, and dark sages coming from the east. The knights are very strong, have no morals, and have not seen a woman for a very long time during this brutal, traumatizing war, so if any frail swordswomen on Team B happens to get hit once, they will likely either die, or worse. So team B must be sure to not get hit and strike for a kill every time! Team A, meanwhile, will sit on the castle and prepare hot cocoa. Except for Othin, who will be positioned to the left and fight whatever stragglers get lost on the way to what I believe the enemy army will refer to as the "rape party." I fully expect you to miss constantly, receive no growths, and get hit a dangerous amount of times as usual, Othin.
Othin: K!
Leaf: Fin, you will be positioned on the right and fight the other stragglers that will innocently whiff or try to hit you with feathers while I make out with your daughter and everyone else enjoys hot cocoa.
Finn: Understood!
Leaf: Any objections?
Dean: Nope, sounds good to me.
Homer: Yep, sounds like a solid plan.
Mareeta: *blink*
Leaf: Alright, break!

Chapter 19: Leaf displays how much of a ruthless, cold hearted leader he has become by by placing 75% of his army far away to be used as decoys, no matter how useful they had been to him in the past (Finn raised him!), and then placing himself and a handful of "desirables" directly next to the exit. Leaf has a kingdom to reclaim, he can mull over ethics later when it happens to be CONVENIENT, dammit.

Chapter 20: Manly.

Chapter 21x: Leaf stops by to say "sup" to the vast majority of his army that has been placed into one prison, and then quickly turns around and leaves.

Chapter 23: Leaf stops to chat with Cyas for no real reason, but I guess the conversation inspires Cyas to move again so it doesn't really matter. More importantly, my favorite character finally joins the party! Long live Prince Sety.

Epilogue: Unintentionally hilarious to see the vast majority of the cast being missing in action, yet the runner still got an AA rank.

In general: The amount of repair staff misses that are manipulated is nuts. The runner is nuts.
The runner makes Leaf look like he is overpowered on numerous occasions. Not an easy feat.
The needed staves are retrieved quickly and efficiently.
The rescue chains, strategies, and luck manipulation are just boss in general.

Lowlights:

MASH HARDER... Or use that input strategy for skipping scenes earlier.

Chapter 25: What the... Delmud can't die, he's in the game that takes place after this for crying out loud! How am I supposed to accept such a massive plot hole!?
And Leaf let a little girl get killed... Shocked He gets the throne back, but at what cost?
Seriously though, I understand why two characters dying in the last chapter isn't a HUGE deal since it's not like they are needed for any more chapters, but considering the amount of luck manipulation that went into this run and the fact that no one dies up to this point, it just looks kind of... Ugly.

Decision: Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Wesley 'Molotov' Corron!
Thread title:  
I guess I should clear up a couple things from verifier 1's comments.

Quote:
Chapter 7: What’s the purpose in Saphy healing Fin?

The original plan was to for her to use the Live staff once in this chapter, and the Libro staff three times in chapter 8.  Along with 3 Repair misses and 2 Repair hits, this is exactly enough to give Saphy the 60 staff exp she needs to use Warp.  When Molotov noticed that he could get two Repair misses in chapter 8, this Live use became superfluous.

Quote:
Chapter 14: Rofl 15 def Mareeta, that’s over 6 points above her 20/1 average.

Mareeta is carrying the Dain scroll, so her defense growth is 50%.  15 defense is still above average, but not by 6 points.

Quote:
Chapter 24: Not sure why Tina puts 2 mages to sleep.

She doesn't.  She uses the Thief staff to steal the Berserk and Rescue staves, which will be used in the next chapter.